Village House - Sablet - In Cote du Rhone, Provence, France - 30 Mins From Avignon Tgv - 45 Mins From Nimes Airport - 1 Hr 15 Mins From Marseille Airport
Just the place for anyone planning an active holiday! After a day out in the "plein aire" of Provence, enjoy the comforts of La Baume des Pelerins. Apart from a very comfortable home, there is loads of secure storage for bicycles and other sporting equipment, and for our younger and/or active guests, a games area with a table tennis (ping-pong) table and equipment.
A combination of local character, décor and use of space combined with today’s Provencal style is a great setting for a Provencal vacation. La Baume des Pèlerins is literally about one minute’s walk from the village square.
Arrive through an elegant iron double gate, into the ground floor vestibule, to a feeling of charm and comfort. The entryway takes you upstairs from the “Rez-de-chaussee” (street level), to a light, bright great room. Recently remodeled and decorated beautifully, it is a combination of Living, Dining and a well appointed kitchen.
Living Room - A leather sofa and Sofa Bed, arm chairs, English TV, DVD Player, CD Player, Small library of DVD's and books, a nook with a desk for your computer or catching up on correspondence.
The Kitchen is modern & fully equipped. Two comfortable, spacious bedrooms & two updated bathrooms (one is an ensuite). The Baume - a ground level covered terrace - has a teak dining table and chairs and a games area with a Table Tennis (Ping Pong)table; adjacent to the "summer kitchen" which includes a plancha style barbecue, a refrigerator, microwave and convection ovens for days when you wish to cook and dine casually. The Laundry room is also located on this level. utility
About the Owner
Guestbook comments from the owner
"What a lovely, lovely home you have here, you lucky people! It's just fantastic, the way you've decorated and refinished it. That dining room in the cave is truly spectacular. We are settled in and .... We plan to begin exploring the area tomorrow.... Thank you for sharing your home with us. I cannot tell you how much we loved your house and the village. We absolutely loved it, all of us. In fact, our daughter was really upset with me for not asking if we could extend our stay, and I must admit I would have gladly stayed myself.... We are already plotting and scheming to get back to there someday. Really, it was a perfect place in every possible way. You have done a beautiful job renovating, but it was the whole area and the village too. I can see why you have made a home there. Thank you so much" Diane - Sept 2010
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
Biking; Hiking; Wine Tasting; Roman Architecture; Truffle Markets in Carpentras and Richeranches; Truffle Mass at Richeranches on the second Sunday in January. Sablet Journee du Livres (Book Festival) - Authors from all over France come to this Festival which is considered to be quite prestigious. it takes place on the third weekend in July each year. The Fete Votive in Sablet usually takes place for 5 days during the second week of August - fun for all!
1 hour and 15 minutes to La Ciotat or Cassis - beautiful beach towns.
30 minutes to Avignon TGV or Airport; 45 minutes to Nimes Airport; 1 hour 15 minutes to Marseille Airport
Vaison la Romaine - 9 kms; Orange - 8kms; Carpentras 19kms; Avignon 42kms; Isle sur la Sorgue 35kms; Gigondas 1.5kms; Seguret 1.5kms; Chateauneuf du Pape 26kms
Central Village has 2 Bakeries, 1 Butcher, 1 Grocery Store, 1 Florist, 2 Hairdressers, 1 Cafe/Bar with Restaurant, I Pizza Restaurant, I Casual dining Restaurant, many, many good restaurants within a few minutes of the village, a Tourism Office (with wine tasting), Bank, Pharmacy, Tabac/Newsagent, 2 Doctors, 2 Dentists, Post Office. Weekly Market: Friday mornings.
Supermarkets: Carrefour - as you exit the Autoroute at S.Orange (Exit 22); Intermarche - Vaison la Romaine; SuperU - Vaison la Romaine; Lidl - Vaison la Romaine;
Owner provides detailed leisure activity information, including Restaurant recommendations to guests.
- Booking Notes:
Please contact owner for Availability (please note - Availability Calendar is not updated).
Deposit is due upon booking; Balance due 60 days prior to beginning of holiday.
Saturday - Arrival after 4pm; Departure by 11am.
Notes on prices:
Prices include after stay cleaning for one week stays; weekly cleaning and change of linen for stays of 2 weeks or longer.
- Available arrival
- Ceiling Fans
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Satellite / Cable
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Toilet 1 - Toilet
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Two Bathrooms - one is an ensuite. Both Bathrooms include WC's. Additional WC near Living Area. Hairdryers in both bathrooms. Quality linen is provided.
- 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 6 (2 Bedrooms +) Notes on bedrooms: Both Bedrooms are spacious, with seating areas, Bedroom 1 has a Queen sized bed, and ensuite bathroom; Bedroom 2 has two single beds & armoire.
- Golf ...
- Ski & Snowboard ...
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: Please note: washer and tumble dryer are a combination type; fridge/freezer in kitchen as well as small fridge /freezer in summer kitchen; barbecue is an electric plancha type in summer kitchen. Of Special Note: Lots of SECURE storage for bicycles and sporting equipment. Outside: The "Baume" Casual Dining Terrace - dining Table and six chairs; Chaise Longue in adjacent relaxing area. Table Tennis (ping pong) table and equip., in the Games Area of the Baume Utility Room: The full laundry is located on the ground level and includes a combination Washer/ Dryer, Iron and Ironing Table. Laundry detergents/Fabric Softener is supplied. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: ALL linen of a high quality is supplied and included in the Rental price. Cleaning after stay is included. Visits of 2 weeks or more: Cleaning and linen change weekly. Other: Additional Summer Kitchen: Refrigerator, Convection oven, hot plate, Plancha, utensils, cutlery & dishes Additional relaxing/reading area adjacent to Summer Kitchen with Chaise Longue.