Villa with huge terrace and stunning mountain views
From just GBP 18 per person per night based on a full house, La Maison du Loup is a is a very affordable holiday treat.
Escape the real World & rediscover your inner calm. It sounds clichéd, but sitting with a long cold drink on the sun terrace, soaking up the valley view, the whisper of the wind through the forest of oak & the birdsong dancing from tree to tree, we defy you not to find peace from your hectic home and work life. But getting back to nature doesn't mean you can't listen to some good music on the outdoor speaker system. Or keep up-to-date with the wi-fi. It also doesn't mean you have work around ancient facilities - you'll find a modern, well equipped kitchen that's a joy to use. You'll also find 2 modern bathrooms, with great water pressure and plenty of hot water. There's a TV and DVD player, but to be honest you'll spend most of your waking hours out on the bbq terrace, or walking down to our stretch of the River Loup where you'll find a little pic nic area. The unspoilt village of Gréolières is 4kms along the valley where you'll find a selection of restaurants and shops.
About the Owner
I'm Nik and this is my woolly friend Pedro. Having been a chef on yachts for many years, I have finally put down roots in Greolieres - just about the most beautiful and interesting part of the World and an easy flight to my family in the UK.
I moved ashore after the hectic yachting lifestyle, and with my very cool dog, took respite in the tranquility our valley has to offer. This peace is now available to you.
We hope you enjoy La Maison du Loup and Gréolières as much as we do!
From the Owner
“When you work on a boat you long for space, space and more space. The Valley of the Wolf is simply breathtaking - and our view is completely uninterrupted - you simply cannot see another man-made structure. We have 15 acres of garden/woods, a long stretch of river, and the village just up the road has some great restaurants, and a real sense of community. They have welcomed us as one of their own and extend the hospitality to the tourists that pass through - it's simply not busy enough to catch the cynicism you find on the Cote d'Azur. And as well as the sense of space and peace the great outdoors provides some fantastic hiking, climbing and paragliding (Gréolières is one of the most popular flying locations anywhere).”
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
There's a great local French teacher who will do house visits for individuals and groups - and it's amazing how much easier it is to pick up the language with a glass of wine on holiday.
Learn to paraglide with the school in the village, or simply have a memorable moment with a tandem flight off of the mountain.
Chef services can be arranged.
The beaches of the Cote d'Azur are 40 minutes drive. Cannes is 1 hour drive in the summer, Monaco about 1hr 20.
Car hire is required. The nearest airport is Nice Cote d'Azur, a short low cost flight from most major European cities and served by Delta Airlines from the States. Emirates connects to Dubai and the rest of Asia. It's Frances 2nd biggest airport and very well served.
The French high speed rail service goes into Nice where you can hire a car direct from the station.
Our village of Gréolières is 4kms along a mostly flat road or the adjoining old Roman road which is now a foot path.
Gréolières has a mini-market, fantastic boulangerie, wood fired pizzeria, 2 other restaurants and a great snack bar that has a sunny terrace and some fine plat du jours.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
My Standard Rate
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£500|
To confirm a reservation we require a 25 percent deposit paid into our bank account. The remainder 6 weeks prior to arrival. There's a €500 security deposit payable in cash upon arrival. This is returned in full minus any breakages charged at cost. A €75 cleaning charge is payable on departure in cash.
Saturday is our preferred changeover day, but we might be flexible - please email with your requirements.
Notes on prices:
Prices are for weekly rentals for up to 8 people, but we can put a couple of extra single tempurpaedic mattresses on the floor for an extra €15 per night. A 25 percent deposit is required on confirmation, paid into our French bank account in Euro. The remainder becomes due 6 weeks prior to arrival. There's a €500 security deposit payable in cash upon arrival. This is returned in full at the end of the rental once the house has been checked for any breakages. A €75 cleaning charge is payable on departure.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- 100% refund for cancellations more than 60 days before check-in date.
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“If you don't wish to see another soul whilst on holiday then you don't have to here. But the nearby village provides all your amenities as well as a warm welcome. And why not holiday with your dog - they'll love you for it, and with a small supplement for the extra cleaning they're more than welcome.”
- children welcome
- limited accessibility
- pets considered
- smoking allowed
- bird watching
- eco tourism
- horse riding
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
- equestrian events
- freshwater fishing
- mountain biking
- mountain climbing
- ski lift pass
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Toilet 1 - Toilet
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- The downstairs bathroom (new 2010) features a bath with an integral shower. There are 2 lockable doors that give access to both downstairs bedrooms. Upstairs is a large bathroom with a walk in shower (new in 2011). Both have underfloor heating.
- 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 8 (4 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: On the ground level, with patio doors, are two double bedrooms that share an interconnecting en suite bathroom. Upstairs are a further 2 double bedrooms (1 can become a twin if needed) that share a large modern shower room with a heated floor.
- Notes on accommodation: Being situated in the countryside behind the Cote d'Azur has its benefits. Firstly the evenings cool off a little once the sun sets - meaning there's no need for noisy air-con in the bedrooms and you can sleep like a baby with the window open. Secondly, it's possible to leave the windows open as we rarely see a mosquito here, even in the height of the summer. There's no standing water in the valley and the mosquito larvae don't seem to survive the colder Winters. Outside: Directly outside the kitchen and dining room is a 55m2 (that's nearly 600sqft) sun terrace. It sits high above the valley, faces south and catches the sun all day long. There's a large table and 8 chairs, complete with a parasol for shady lunches. There's a gas bbq - and the gas is included in the price. You'll also find furniture for lounging around, including some really comfortable outdoor bean bags. Below the terrace is a hammock ideal for an afternoon nap. Our garden is mainly a forest of oak leading down to the waters edge of the River Loup. There's over 15 acres, and you're free to wander whereever your legs take you. Occasionally next doors Donkey will wander in for a nibble on the foliage - he's called Martin and is a friendly sort. Utility Room: Washing machine (there's a line in the garden for eco-friendly clothes drying in the sun), Iron & board. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Bed linen, including two pillows per person, and towels are included in the price. There is a local charge of 75 Euros for a final clean & you are asked to leave the house in a reasonable condition, take out the rubbish & not leave any recycling behind. Other: Downstairs the kitchen is part of a large open plan dining and 2nd living area, with patio doors onto the full length terrace. On one side of the kitchen are bar stools and it's a great area to socialise and help prepare the holiday feast.