Villa in Kayakoy, Fethiye- Olu Deniz, Turkey - Quiet Rural Setting But Easy Access To Village Restaurants, Beaches And Activities
Kaya Vadi House as standard sleeps 7 people in 4 bedrooms, but with plenty of room for an additional single bed. This is a spacious, fully air-conditioned architect-designed house on two floors and is the largest of 4 villas on a sought-after private complex in a rural setting with stunning gardens and a large pool. This unusual location combines the advantages of a tranquil setting yet with easy access to beaches, restaurants and activities. Holidays in the Kaya valley are for those people who want to get away from the hustle and bustle of busy holiday resorts! This little spot of paradise is to be found nestling between fields and mountains but is only a short walk from the village restaurants and a 10 or 15 minute taxi ride from all the shops, bars, beaches and boat trips. The Kaya valley is famous in Turkey being a protected area of outstanding natural beauty, and with its deserted and picturesque Greek village.
About the Owner
Bridget and Tim Levingston were both IT professionals, then were lucky enough to puchase this unique location way back in 1998. We built this small private complex of 4 detached villas and spent many happy months landscaping the gardens and fitting out the villas to the highest standard.
We lived in the largest villa, Kaya Vadi House, for nearly 8 years, then returned to Berkshire in 2006.
In 2013 we were delighted to sell the properties to our lovely manager, Gem. He is paying for them over the 4 year period to the end of 2016. Tim continues to run the marketing, holiday bookings and administration and the rest of his time is working on his golf handicap!
We visit the villas 2 or 3 times a year - it is always like returning home (except much better weather!).
Guestbook comments from the owner
Over the years more than 700 families have stayed at Kaya Vadi. Several return year after year and some have stayed 12 or more times. We could fill a small book with their lovely comments, but here are just a few recent ones made by previous guests in answer to the question "Overall did you have a good holiday?"
(JH) We had an excellent holiday and want to book the same time next year for two weeks.
(NM) Yes, first time in turkey loved every minute
(FM) We really had an utterly wonderful holiday. A much needed break in a perfect place for a family. The children will always remember it and we feel much happier and healthier after our time in your lovely villa.
From the Owner
“We travelled extensively in Turkey, and the Kaya valley is our favourite place. It is real Turkey - with friendly small farmers for neighbours rather than hundreds of other foreign-owned villas. The main village offers a great selection of restaurants, some of which are very traditional and inexpensive, up to fairly costly European style for special occasions. And the other main advantage is that this beautiful setting is only a few minutes from the beaches and the hustle & bustle of Fethiye, Olu Deniz, Hisaronu and Ovacik.”
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
The beautiful rural countryside surrounding Kaya Vadi provides a unique habitat for birds and other wildlife. The valley floor has wild, untamed hedgerows, small copses, deserted cottages and outbuildings and areas of cultivated and uncultivated land. Completely surrounding our valley are magnificent hills and mountains densely populated with pine trees. Both habitats provide ideal breeding and living areas for a number of beautiful birds, including:
• Short-Toed Eagle
• Golden Oriole
• Cretzschmars Bunting
• Scops Owl
• Ruppells Warbler
• Isabelline Wheatear
• Syrian Woodpecker
• Masked Shrike
• Black Eared Wheatear
Walkers will love it here - particularly in the spring and autumn. There are numerous walks - long and short - many with spectacular coastline views, and many encompassing archaelogical sites of great antiquity.
This region has one of the most spectacular coastlines in the world, with mountains tumbling straight down into the Mediterranean and numerous offshore islands.
The famous beach of Olu Deniz is just a 15 minute drive away. Nearer to hand, at the end of our valley, is Gemiler beach with St Nicholas Island just offshore. Being off the beaten track you will usually find Gemiler to be quie, particularly on weekdays. You can see photos of both Olu Deniz and Gemiler in our photo gallery.
Our nearest airport is DALAMAN which is almost exactly a one-hour drive from our villas. We would be pleased to arrange private airport transfers for you at each end of your holiday. We can also arrange car hire if required, either from Dalaman or delivered to your villa. Car hire is not essential. The local restaurants offer a free pick-up and return service; taxis are nearby, and the dolmush service runs from the village centre.
The nearest restaurant is The Kaya Wine House in a converted, ancient stone cottage just 300 meters away. The main village of Kaya with a dozen or so restaurants and 3 local shops is exactly a kilometer flat walk. The 600 year old harbour town of Fethiye is about 7 kilometers, and the beach resort of Olu Deniz is about the same.
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
We are pleased to help you find well-priced flights to Dalaman and to arrange private airport transfers to the villa. We can also arrange car hire for those that require it.
Notes on prices:
The prices above are for up to 7 people sharing. Please add £80 p.w. for 8th person. Prices include accommodation, bed linen, bath towels, beach towels, cleaning twice a week, gas, electricity and a well stocked fridge in the villa. Prices exclude flights, insurance and airport transfers.
If you want to book, let us know and we will reserve the villa for you for 5 days to give you time to book flights and send us your 25% deposit. The balance becomes due 8 weeks before you travel. Payments can be made by online bank transfer to our company account or by PayPal if preferred.
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“You will enjoy the modern amenities of a luxury villa, but with the almost unique advantage of the peace and tranquility of a rural setting.”
- Air Conditioning
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
Pool / Spa
- Communal Pool
- children welcome
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- near the sea
- Toilet 1 - Toilet
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 2 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 3 - Shower Enclosure
- The spacious en-suite to the Master is newly fitted with twin sinks, loo and walk-in shower. Both the twin bedrooms have modern en-suite shower rooms each with a sink and loo. In addition there is another loo in the utility room.
- 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 8 (4 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: All the bedrooms have a/c, and all have en-suite facilities except the single. The Master is huge with a king-sized double. The 2nd is a spacious twin with a small “kitchenette”. The 3rd bedroom is also a twin, and the 4th is a nicely furnished single.
- Golf ...
- Notes on accommodation: This is a large, airy house with great views over the valley from the first floor balcony. The second largest bedroom has its own front door and a kitchenette. That makes this property ideal for a family with, say, grandparents or a second couple who want a degree of independence. Outside: The house has a large balcony on the first floor with stunning views over the valley to the mountains beyond. On the balcony there is a built-in BBQ, and a table and chairs. There is also a ground floor terrace with swing seat and another table and chairs, and a private lawn at the back. We have large, walled Mediterranean gardens of almost an acre shared by the 4 villas. The highlight is our 14 meter, peanut shaped pool in a beautiful spot next to 3 tumbled-down old stone cottages. The pool area is fenced and gated for safety. There is also a kiddie’s pool, and for the tiny tots our manager would be pleased to put out a paddling pool in a shady spot on the lawn. In one of the old cottages near the pool we have erected a large Ottoman-style wooden seating platform with scattered rugs and cushions. This is a cool spot to enjoy a cold beer or glass of wine while reading a book. There is a children’s climbing frame with a Wendy house and swings, and there is car parking for 4 or 5 cars. Utility Room: The utility room has a washing machine, basin and loo. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: The villa is cleaned with a full linen change every week, and given a quick clean mid-week. We supply both bath towels and beach towels. We provide a well-stocked fridge on arrival (including wine and beers) and we deliver fresh bread every morning. Other: The spacious dining area is adjacent to the kitchen and has a settee, an antique dining table with seating for 8, and two sets of double doors opening onto stunning views from the large balcony.This has a built-in BBQ and another table and chairs.