House near Jonzac, Charente Maritime, Poitou-Charentes, France - 45 Minutes You Can Reach The Best Beaches Around Royan Including Meschers, St. Georges De Didonne.
Maison Fleur is a Charantaise house set in a quiet hamlet with a pretty garden. with a private above ground pool, fully fenced according to French Law. Located in a small hamlet . Internal facilities such as board games, CD player, central heating (electric), DVD player, English satellite TV, wood burning fires . Kitchen facilities include dishwasher, electric hob, electric oven, fridge-freezer, ironing facilities, microwave, washing machine. External features on site include above ground pool, barbecue, garden.Pool & garden are maintained twice weekly. You will also find other surrounding towns of interest such as Pons, Saintes, Cognac and Jarnac home to Courvoisier. The Cognac houses of Jarnac and Cognac, are only a 40 min drive away and well worth a visit.Only approx 40 minutes away you will find the most wonderful beaches.Also in Jonzac there is a beautiful lake with a man made beach.
Top Traveller Review
Fantastic Property and Owners
About the Owner
Guestbook comments from the owner
"We have spent a wondeful week here. The weather got hotter and hotter so we really appreciated the plunge pool. This is one of the best equipped Gites we have ever stayed at, so much provided. We had a lovely day out to the beach and can thoughly recommend restaurant Regaline in Saints Palais Sur Mer. It is very reasonable and the desserts are to die for". Many thanks John and Jude venables, Warwick, June 2011.
"Had a great time here, weather was brillant, so lots of days at the beach and in the plunge pool. Lovely cycle tracks too! Thanks for letting us have your delightful house" Best wishes the Burke family,Dublin, August 2011.
"An enjoyable return, batteries recharged. Plunge pool perfect, weather perfect, house perfect yet again" Thanks Barbara and Ted, Portsmouth, October 2011.
1 holidaymaker review
Fantastic Property and Owners
We have just returned from a two week holiday in the Gite next door to this one owned by the same people. The Gite was absolutely perfect. Big , airy and very clean . The Gite was well stocked with games etc . We met Graham and Karen who were very helpful and shared a few glasses of wine with them . They were in the Gite next door but we're available for enquiries about the Gite and the local area . Am absolutely amazing and relaxing time was had by all. Would recommend this Gite and the area that it is in to everyone.
Activity and Interests
Charente Maritime borders the amazing Atlantic coast and is world renown for it's wines and sea food. There is a wealth of history just waiting to be uncovered. Maison Fleur is close to many beautiful beaches along the coast and the islands just off-shore. All boast long stretches of clean, soft sand and as many are protected under the Conservertoire du Littoral (the society to protect the coastline), the scenery is unspoilt and quite beautiful. There are beaches to suit all tastes.
The property is located equally from Bordeaux and La Rochelle airports, both approx. 1 hour's drive away and served by British Airways, Air France, easyJet, Ryanair, Flybe and Jet2. We are ten minutes drive from J36 of the A10. Travel time by car from Calais is approx. 7 hours and from Cherbourg/Caen approx. 5 hours. From Roscoff approx 6 hours.
Approximate driving times:
Jonzac (market town, casino & thermal spa) - 5 mins
Pons (beautiful medieval town overlooking river) - 10 mins
Cognac - 40 mins
Bordeaux - 1 hour
La Rochelle - 1h15
Beaches - 40 mins upwards (depending where you choose to go!)
Dune de Pilat (largest sand dune in Europe) - 1h45
The closest supermarkets, banks & restaurants are in Jonzac, approx. 5 mins form the property. There is a New boulangerie in St Georges Antignac, within cycling distance to collect your fresh bread in the mornings.
Fresh coffee is servered along with cakes etc. before you head back to Maison Fleur.
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£100|
20% non-returnable deposit requested upon booking. Final balance becomes due 8 weeks before holiday commencement. We can accept payment via bank transfer to English or French Bank alternatively we are happy to accept cheques.
Arrival time after 16:00p.m, departure by 10:00a.m
Change over day is Saturday but this can be flexible to suit your requirements.
Notes on prices:
2 week bookings only at a special price throughout
July and August £1250.00
Please see availability for exact dates
- Available arrival
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Satellite / Cable
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool
- children welcome
- pets considered
- live theatre
- bird watching
- paddle boating
Local Services & Businesses
- fitness centre
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- mountain biking
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Toilet 1 - Toilet
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 2 - Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 1 - has a bath and corner shower Bathroom 2 - ensuite with shower built in massaging jets. Separate WC - next to the bathroom. Downstairs toilet with hand basin
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 6 (3 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 - Double room having large windows, making the room light and airy Bedroom 2 - Double room with en suite Shower room. Mezzanine (bedroom 3) - 2 Twin Beds Travel cot, high chair and stair gate available on request.
- Golf ...
- Notes on accommodation: Pets Accepted at Owners Discretion Outside: Enclosed gardens mainly set to lawn with trees and shrubs. Large patio area for entertaining around the BBQ. The private swimming pool is surrounded by a decked area. The garden is fully fenced. Parking for 2 cars. Utility Room: Utility room - this area is off the kitchen and where you will find ironing/ washing/ drying facilities Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: All Bed Linen is included. Electric,and all kitchen and bathroom sundries are included Welcome Pack on arrival Other: Second living area - with three double sofas and two large windows which overlook the Hamlet. There is a flat screen T.V in this room with satellite channels and DVD player