Cottage in Helmsley, North Yorkshire Moors, Yorkshire, England - Beautiful Location - 5 Minutes Walk From Town Centre
Ivy cottage is situated overlooking a pleasant green a two minute walk from Helmsley town centre. The accommodation is suitable for all ages. The cottage has three bedrooms, a double, twin and a single. The bathroom has recently been refurbished. There is a conservatory situated at the rear of the cottage. Stairgates are available for the safety of young children, as well as a high hair and travel cot which can be made available upon request. Helmsley is an ideal place for both families and walkers. There is plenty to explore with a ruined castle in Helmsley and several abbeys near by. Helmsley has an excellent market on a Friday as well as craft fairs on certain Saturdays throughout the year.
About the Owner
We are a couple who enjoyed staying in Helmsley so much that we decided to buy a place there. We hope you enjoy staying there as much as we do.
Guestbook comments from the owner
My husband John and I had a really lovely time in Helmsley, which is really picturesque,and your cottage is beautiful. It is ideally situated for the market place which we visited each evening. There was plenty to see and do and the views along the way were stunning.
A really lovely, well thought out place to stay. Clean, every comfort and the amenities made the stay so good - June
Excellent cottage - good stay - May
We had a lovely stay at Ivy cottage. The cottage certainly felt like a home away from home. Hope to get back in the summer to see the purple heather
Many Thanks for the welcome pack which was a lovely surprise and most welcome - July
Thank you very much. We have had a lovely time. The cottage is lovely & ideal for families - Sept
We had a very enjoyable stay, we have stayed in many places in Yorkshire, but we will definitely be returning to Ivy Cottage in the future - Oct
We've had a lovely stay which exceeded our expectations. We will be b
From the Owner
“We had a weeks holiday in Helmsley in 2007 and loved the town and surrounding area that we decided to buy a cottage there. Helmsley is a pretty, bustling, thriving market town with a variety of tea rooms, restaurants and individual shops. The countryside surrounding the town is magnificent. We find that there is something to suit everyone from young families to serious walkers in the area.”
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
Ivy cottage is situated 400 yards from the bustling centre of Helmlsey. The nearest railway stations are at Thirsk and Malton, 14 and 15 miles away respectively
To access details on events happing in the Ryedale area please click on the below link:
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
1 Oct 2016 - 28 Oct 2016
3 night minimum stay
for 3 nights
29 Oct 2016 - 23 Dec 2016
3 night minimum stay
for 3 nights
24 Dec 2016 - 6 Jan 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
A non-refundable deposit of 20% of the total price is payable on booking, with the balance (price less deposit paid) payable six weeks prior to commencemnet of the letting. Any lettings booked within six weeks of commencement are payable in full on booking.
Cancellation more than six weeks prior to commencemnt of letting will incur no further charges.
The changeover day for Ivy Cottage is Saturday. Flexible for short breaks at less busy periods
Notes on prices:
Short breaks are priced on a nightly basis as 1/5 of the weekly price.Minimum price £240
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Parking ...
- Towels Provided
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Coffee Maker ...
- Dishes & Utensils ...
- Kitchen ...
- Pantry Items ...
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
- Books ...
- DVD Player
- Games ...
- Satellite / Cable
- Video Library ...
- Long-term Renters Welcome
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed
- wheelchair inaccessible
- bird watching
- horse riding
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Toilet 1 - Toilet
- The bathroom has recently been refurbished to a high standard and has a shower bath and wc. There is also a seperate wc located by the kitchen
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 5
- Main Bedroom - 1 Double Bed, 1 Cot
- Twin Room - 2 Single Bed
- Single Room - 1 Single Bed, 1 Cot
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 5 (3 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: The main bedroom has a double bed, the second room is fitted with twin beds and the third bedroom has a single bed
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Outside: Ivy cottage has gardens to front and rear. The rear garden is given over to lawns, patio area, shrubberies and flower beds. It is fully enclosed and therefore safe for young children. Garden furniture (table, chairs and loungers) is provided. Utility Room: The utility room comprises of washing machine and tumble dryer together with a dutch maiden. There is a freestanding fridge with an integral freezer in the utility room as well as a small separate freezer. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: All laundry and bed linen is incuded in the rental of the property Other: The dining room is separate to the living room and contains a dining table and chairs to accomodate 6 people.