Apartment in Kalamar Bay, Kalkan, Turkey - Tranquil Location, 250 Metres To The Sea And Beach Clubs
Bol Bahce is ideal for families, two couples or groups of friends, who wish to be together but would also appreciate having some privacy. It has two ensuite bedrooms, a separate WC, and a well-specified open plan kitchen with dining area and spacious lounge. In addition, there is a large, private garden terrace with comfortable seating for up to six people relaxing with fantastic sea views, and there is a further terrace with an outside dining table able to seat up to six people. The patio and gardens are full of plants and fruit trees - grape vines, orange, tangerine, lemon, pomegranate, olive, oleander, jasmine, bouganville, and a number of other plants and herbs. Bol Bahce has panoramic views across the Kalamar Bay from almost every vantage point, 250 meters to the sea. This unique, stylish and contemporary apartment is part of a small complex of two buildings, separated by two large swimming pools, joined by a waterfall and plunge pool.
About the Owner
I was born on the Med coast but lived in London since the 70s. When the opportunity came up to purchase a home in Kalkan in 2007, it was like going home.
My grown-up kids, mother, brother and family, niece as well as many friends have visited and I managed to have 30 friends and family join me for my 50th birthday a few years ago (they stayed in other owners' apartments in our small complex).
My apartment is fitted out as my home. I retired here in 2012, but rent out my apartment in the High Season. I like to cook, eat and socialise with friends outside taking in the views in the tranquil Kalamar Bay setting while having easy access to Kalkan up the road. I also like to walk the Lycian Way.
Guestbook comments from the owner
July 2014 - Thank you for an amazing apartment holiday; your place really made us feel at home with everything we needed and more! Palmer family
August 2013 - Superb apartment, ... lots of lazing by the pool, 2nd time here, and we will be back. The B's
July 2013 - I don't want to go home. Linda
July 2013 - Great apartment - lovely and spacious with three teenagers - esp. outside! Vicky
August 2012 - Apartment spotless, clean, spacious & great views. High standards. Sue & Rod
August 2012 - Fantastic first time in Kalkan. Apartment and pool perfect for a relaxing holiday. Caroline & family
July 2012 - Thank you for a great holiday, lovely apartment and pool. Laura & family
From the Owner
“Did my first trip to Turkey with a Turkish friend and his father. It was a road trip from Antalya through to Fethiye. Stayed in many places but really enjoyed Kalkan. My friend bought the land upon which Kalamar Meltem Apartments was built. I bought an apartment off-plan as did a number of other friends with a common interest in being able to enjoy good weather, food and company in a spectacular surrounding. Being actually on the Lycian Way sparked an interest in walking and the amazing history of the area is a particular pleasure for me.”
Activity and Interests
Beach is 250m away, with access to Kulube and Kalamar Beach Clubs with its blue flag. They have restaurants, bars, sun loungers, umbrellas, showers, direct access into sea. Kalamar Beach Club offers scuba diving, plus other water sports. Transport back to the apartments is available.
There is also a pretty pebble beach next to Kalkan harbour. The stunning Kaputas beach is 15 min drive away and the famous Patara with its 18km long beach and is only 15 min by car or local bus.
Kalkan is approx 1 hour 50 mins from Dalaman International Airport.
Antalya Airport is approx 3 hours away.
Airport pick up & drop off can be arranged. Car hire & taxi service are readily available.
The nearest cafe/bars, supermarkets and beach clubs are 5-8 minute walk away. A 25-30 min walk will take you into Kalkan centre and the harbour. An approx 15 minute drive will take you to Patara Beach, Xanthos, the traditional mountain villages of Islamlar with its trout farms and fresh water from the Taurus mountains. Saklikent Gorge is approx 30 mins away. The town of Fethiye is approx 45 min drive and Kas is only 20 mins away.
Local shops and cafe/bars will deliver - details are available in the apartment.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
My Standard Rate
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£150|
A 25% non-refundable deposit will be required to secure your booking. The remainder of your balance must be paid 10 weeks prior to your arrival. A refundable fee of £150 for breakages/damages, other than normal wear and tear must be paid prior to arrival with your final payment. This will be returned to you within two weeks of your departure, providing there has been no breakages/damages.
The changeover day is flexible depending on availability.
Check in after 3pm and check out by 10am.
Notes on prices:
Prices are for the property per week in UK Pounds.
Discounts available for stays of two weeks or more.
Please contact us directly for rates.
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“Love easy access to the buzz of Kalkan centre, people and restaurants; however, I enjoy the tranquility of Kalamar Bay and the views of the islands while having a coffee in the morning on the patio (or a glass of wine as the sun sets). Having a caretaker on site who has worked at Kalamar Meltem since the construction, gives owners and visitors the security to know that someone can sort out the little problems that do occur (lost keys, keys locked in the apartment...). The pools, pool terrace and roof terraces are a great places to meet and socialise with friends and visitors. My apartment has very large private patio area with comfortable seating for eight people, a good range of Med plants and trees and an outside dining table. It is only a few metres from the lower pool.”
- Air Conditioning
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Satellite / Cable
Pool / Spa
- Communal Pool
- children welcome
- near the sea
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Toilet 1 - Toilet
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Master Bathroom (ensuite): Full bath with over bath shower, basin and WC Twin Shower Room: (ensuite): Large, walk-in shower, basin and WC Guest WC: Utility room with basin and washing machine, and separate WC
- 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 5
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 5 (2 Ensuite Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Master (ensuite): Large Double Bed (200x160cm), Spacious Wardrobes, Air Conditioner, Full Bathroom, Doors to Patio Twin (ensuite): Two singles beds (190x90cm) that can be joined, Spacious Wardrobes, Air Conditioner, Shower Room + WC, Doors to Patio
- Notes on accommodation: Located in a tranquil position with spectacular views, this development has been built to the highest specifications. Travertine flooring is standard throughout the apartment and on the extensive patios. All rooms are fitted with air-conditioning which can also be used for winter heating. The apartment can comfortably accommodate 5 people due to the large sofa and if required an additional fold away bed can be provided. Car hire can be organised at preferential rates. A welcome pack is provided for guests on arrival. Please note, for the comfort of all our guests, smoking is not permitted in the apartment but is permitted on the balconies and terraces. We can also arrange for you to rent one or more of the neighbouring apartments for larger groups. Outside: Large Private Terraces for Bol Bahce: includes seating for eight people with a coffee and side tables; 120cm diameter round stone dining table with four chairs. This small, exclusive complex has two large swimming pools, with underwater lighting, situated on two levels joined by a cascade. The pools and terraces are for the sole use of residents of Kalamar Meltem Apartments and their guests. There are sun loungers, umbrellas, tables, chairs and a barbecue area for the use of guests, as well as a shower, changing room and WC. There is also a telephone for renters to use for making local calls either to our representative or taxis. Landscaped terrace gardens and sun terraces will add to your enjoyment. One roof terrace has a bar from where you can sip your cocktails while watching the sunset; while the other has comfortable seating. On site parking bays plus plenty of road parking is available. There is a WC and small kitchenette on each roof terrace for use of guests. Utility Room: Washing Machine Basin Hair Dryer WC Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: All towels and bed linen included (as well as pool towels) and changed weekly along with a full clean of the apartment. Additional mid-week cleans can be arranged in advance as required.