House in Besalu, Girona, Costa Brava, Spain - Totally Peaceful And Tranquil Location Only 5 Mins From The Medieval Town Of Besalu
L'Aulet has 4 bedrooms (3 en-suite). Large modern kitchen, separate dining room and breakfast room, two lounges with open fires. Underfloor heating. Totally refurbished 6 years ago. Bar. Large swimming pool/ terrace/ gardens/ lawns/ fish pond. Fantastic situation, private and peaceful yet not isolated. 3 km from Besalu with all facilities.
About the Owner
We are retired and have lived in Spain for over 12 years, having moved here from Scotland in January 2000. First moved to St. LLorenc de la Muga, a small village nearby, and renovated a small masia using local trades people. In 2004, we took the plunge and bought a large derelict farmhouse (masia) with ten acres of land in the beautiful area of Besalu in Garrotxa. It took three years to complete the refurbishment, endeavouring to retain as much of the historic character of the house as possible whilst incorporating modern conveniences (underfloor heating etc). During this time we lived in a rented cottage in the village. We designed the house to accommodate entertaining which we enjoy, from small dinner parties in our Scottish themed dining room to large BBQs by the pool.
Guestbook comments from the owner
What a wonderful house in a beautiful location. The children loved the pool and all the wildlife. Sandra D - UK
This villa is absolutely fabulous, beautiful stone house, lovely garden with a pool in a pretty quiet private setting. The house is tastefully decorated with all comforts, the kitchen is very well equipped The family area upstairs is comfortable and spacious, fantastic veranda, lovely bedrooms, the list could go on and on. We a family of six - kids 22,18,17 and 13 - had a great time. We would definitely recommend this place to everyone. We were sorry to leave. Dorota L – Poland
We have stayed in many villas across Spain over the years but none have matched Can LAulet for its beauty and space. We felt more like we were staying in a friend's house. The shops were nearby and the beautiful town of Besalu where we got our fix of Tapas! We would highly recommend L’Aulet, but would prefer it kept a secret as we will be booking again next year! Mel and Chris R – UK
From the Owner
“When we first saw this property we loved the stone and old beams and saw the potential to make this a best kept secret sort of place with privacy and tranquility in a gorgeous mountain setting, yet by no means remote. It is only five minutes drive or short walk into Besalu which teams with atmosphere, medieval history, friendly bars and restaurants and shops.”
Activity and Interests
Award winning beaches - 30/40 minute drive
Costa Brava Roses, Empuriabrava, Llanca, St Pere Pescador
Girona Airport 30 Minutes drive
Barcelona Airport 1 hour 30 minutes
Perpignan Airport 1 hour 20 minutes
Besalu (3 kms) - medieval village, shops, restaurants, riverside walks,tours
Figueres (25 kms) - Dali museum, historic fort, shops, restaurants
Banyoles (20 kms) - large lake, boating, fishing
Olot (20 kms) - historic catalan town
Girona (30 kms) - famous cathedral, jewish centre, river, shops, restaurants
Monastery Mare de Dieu del Mont (15 kms) though this can be seen from L'Aulet, it is a twisty mountain road, with amazing views of the whole area.
Besalu is a beautiful historic medieval town well known for its Roman 11th century fortified L-shaped pedestrian toll-bridge and its warren of ancient cobbled streets and alleyways. The town was declared a site of national interest in 1966 and most of what survives dates from the 10th-12th centuries. It has full facilities, including a medical centre, supermarkets, banks, shops, excellent restaurants, bars, garages, sports centre and outdoor pool. Besalu hosts a number of fiestas throughout the year, information on which can be obtained from the tourist information centre in Besalu.
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£500|
Enquiries and booking by telephone or e-mail. Initial payment of 30% to secure reservation. Balance to be paid not less than 6 weeks prior to arrival.
Changeover day Saturday (flexible)
Booking in after 1600 hrs
Checking out 1100 hrs.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“The greatest benefit of living at this property is the joy of walking out the door in complete peace and privacy to be part of the surrounding nature, mountains and countryside. The area is festooned with paths and trails. Normally to find this tranquility, you would have to be in a very remote location, but here at L'Auletall shops and amenities are on the doorstep, with beaches, France and other visitor attractions just a short drive away.”
- Air Conditioning
- Ceiling Fans
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Dining Area
- Satellite / Cable
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Toilet 1 - Toilet
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Bedroom 1: Two washbasins, shower cubicle, wc, bidet Bedroom 2: Washbasin, bath, separate shower cubicle, wc, bidet Bedroom 3: Washbasin, shower cubicle, wc Downstairs: Cloakroom with wc and washbasin
- 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 8 (4 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 with double bed and dressing room: Bedroom 2 with double bed: Bedroom 3 with twin beds: Bedroom 4 with twin beds
- Golf ...
- Notes on accommodation: The 350 sq metre accommodation provides enormous comfortable space for four couples or two families. Whatever the weather the entertainment space inside and out is plentiful. Outside: The extremely private location gives way to adequate parking for several cars in the courtyard. Large terrace/BBQ area leading to 10m x 5m pool surrounded by lawns, gardens and fish pond. The terrace area has a dining table and eight chairs and eight sun loungers with a large sun umbrella. Utility Room: Washing machine, tumble drier, double sink Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: All towels and linen provided along with weekly cleaning service Other: Dining room: Large table and 8 chairs Breakfast room: Table and 6 chairs Downstairs/pool terrace: table and 8 chairs, sun-loungers (8) large sun umbrella