Villa in Villeneuve-sur-Lot, Aquitaine / Dordogne, France
The villa is approached via large electric gates and a long gravel driveway, it is spacious, light and very comfortable. The lounge, kitchen and dining room have large opening patio doors which open onto the terraces and the villa remains cool inside even in the heat of the summer months. There are walks from the villa and you are just 3 minutes from the nearest super market by car. The small town of Sainte Livrade Sur Lot with access to the River Lot is just 5 minutes away by car and the larger town of Villeneuve Sur Lot with its many restaurants, cafes, hairdressers, pharmacies and shopping is just 10 minutes away by car. There are also many small villages of interest close by including Pujols, Eymet and many others.
About the Owner
We live in England with our three Maltese Dogs. We run our Consultancy Business from the UK and during the summer months from France. We purchased our villa in 2008 and have spent five wonderful summers here! Our daughter lives in California with her partner and our new grandson. Last year I decided that it was high time I slowed down from a demanding and hectic business life to spend as much time as possible with her and the new addition. Each year, we will be in California from June through August but for the rest of the year our villa will still be our home in France so all of our guests will find a beautifully decorated, furnished and comfortable home from home, exactly what you would want for a truly relaxing break. I am sure you will find everything you need for a great stay with us!
Guestbook comments from the owner
"We stayed at the property in July, we had a wonderful time and enjoyed our holiday very much". Honeymoon couple.
We had a wonderful relaxing holiday at this lovely villa, the weather was exceptional and we really appreciated the pool and patio. The pool was a big hit with our children... Family from London...
The villa and location was ideal, we had a lovely relaxing holiday and enjoyed our stay so much that we are returning again. Very comfortable and the people looking after the property were just great, they brought us tomatoes, strawberries and other fresh fruit from their own garden... Family from London.
From the Owner
“After staying with freinds in 2007, we completely fell in love with the area and decided to purchase our fantastic villa in 2008. The property is located on a quiet lane between the Roman town of Sainte Livrade Sur Lot and the Bastide town of Villeneuve Sur Lot. We are surrounded by freinds who have bought holiday homes or permanent residences in the area and also receive lots of freinds who visit each year from the UK. The villa is detached and approached through large gates, it is at the end of a long gravelled driveway, there are gardens and lawns which stretch to approximately 1.5 acres.”
Activity and Interests
The nearest beach is at Castlemoron, which is by the River Lot. This is around 20 minutes away by car and is a popular picnic spot. The Atlantic coast resorts are around 90/100 minutes away by car.
Bergerac Airport is just 45 minutes away by car, Bordeuax and Toulouse Airports are both around 90 minutes away by car. Eurotunnel is approximately 9 to 10 hours by car.
St Emilion, Perigueux, Bergerac, Angouleme, Monflanquin, Eymet , Duras, Buzet, Nerac and many other interesting towns and villages including a tour of the Bastide Towns and Villages are all within a maximum of 1.5 hours driving.
The terrace to the front of the property is used for alfresco dining and there is a large table and comfortable chairs. The picturesque villages of Pujols and Nerac are also close by and there is an aqua park for the children at Villeneuve Sur Lot. There are many restaurants in Villeneuve and the surrounding villages which serve both French and international quisine. Details and telephone numbers for the various restaurants along with comments from other guests are left at the villa.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
My Standard Rate
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
A Deposit of 25% of the rental charges is payable on booking, final balance is required 8 weeks before date of arrival.
Changeover day is Saturday and guests are asked to vacate the property by 10:00am. The villa will be available from 4:00pm for arriving guests. A small pack of groceries, including tea, coffee, milk etc will be available for guests at arrival. Pets can be accommodated but please call...
We require a deposit at time of booking of 25% of rental costs. This is converted into a security deposit and will be returned at the end of the rental period providing there is no damage or breakages.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“A detached villa which provides our guests with privacy in a peaceful and tranquil setting. Our Pool is 10mx5mx1.5m, alarmed, with steps at one end for easy access. There is a very spacious patio where you can relax and enjoy the privacy of your own garden and pool. The beds in the property are very comfortable and will give you a great nights rest. The kitchen is fully equiped where you can cook a roast, prepare a great BBQ, or bake a cake. When cooking you can still be with the rest of your party as the kitchen and lounge area is open plan with dual aspects. At the front of the property there is a terrace which we use for alfresco dining and relaxing on those balmy summer evenings. From here you can enjoy the views of the orchards and rolling hills which stretch out towards Pujols.”
- Ceiling Fans
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Music Library
- Satellite / Cable
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets considered
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- winery tours
- horse riding
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- laundrette - serviced
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- mountain biking
- mountain climbing
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- The bathroom has a large walk in shower cubicle, double vanity unit with drawers and cupboards. The WC is separate.
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 6 (3 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 has pine double bed, dresser, fitted wardrobes and window overlooking pool and garden. Bedroom 2 has a double bed, dresser, fitted wardrobe and window overlooking garden. Bedroom 3 has a double bed, dresser,fitted wardrobes and overlooks garden.
- Golf ...
- Notes on accommodation: The property is enclosed by a large evergreen hedge and wire mesh fencing and is safe and secure for children. However, guests are reminded that children playing on the property are the responsibility of the parents who must ensure that children are adequately supervised at all times. Directions to the property will be provided upon receipt of payment in full of the approriate rental charges. The property is in excellent decorative order and there are adequate cooking utensils, plates, cups, saucers, glasses and cuttlery etc available. We strongly recommend that glass should be kept away from the pool area and that the plastic cups/glasses provided are used when using the the pool and surrounding area. There is a French Style outside toilet which can be used when using the pool. Outside: The swimming pool 10m x 5m has a single depth of 1.5m. For your security the pool is alarmed and instructions on how to set and re-set the alarm are provided. Throughout the months of high summer, the water temperature is usually between 20°C and 24°C. The pool is a private pool and is for guests of the property only. There are four sunbeds and cussions, some chairs for relaxing and reading under one of the shady trees in the gardens and a large sun shade for those who wish to take refuge from the heat of the afternoon. There is adequate parking and access is down the long gravelled drive. Utility Room: The utility room houses the oil fired boiler, washing machine, ironing board and a separate freezer. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: To make your stay more relaxing, we include bed linen, towels and pool towels, a hairdryer. There are sun loungers with comfortable cushions and chairs for relaxing by the pool, there are also some indoor games and books for you too. Other: The second lounge is currently used as a dining room /office when we are in France and has a table and four chairs. There is also an Office Desk and Chair provided.