House in Chatel, Haute-Savoie, Rhone-Alpes, France - Close To Local Amenities And Ski Lifts
Our spacious 6 bedroom chalet sleeps 9 to 12 people and is available for fully catered ski holidays of self catered summer holidays. Located in the mountain village of Chatel it is close to local amenities and ski lifts. The accommodation is versatile and in the summer months we can offer the lower ground 2 bed apartment making this an 8 bed chalet sleeping up to 16. Facilities include a hot tub, wifi, real fire, ski room with boot dryers, cloakroom, high chair, baby cot, fully equipped kitchen, laundry room, all towels and linens provided. Catered ski accommodation also includes transfers to and from Geneva airport, breakfast and afternoon tea for 7 nights, 3 course dinner with wine 6 nights a week, transfers to and from lifts each day, we can also arrange ski and boot hire in the chalet at your convenience.
About the Owner
About Geraldine Howson
We are a keen skiing and mountain biking family who enjoy the outdoors.
Geraldine Howson purchased this chalet in 2011
Why Geraldine Howson chose Portes du Soleil area
We have always wanted something to escape to which ticks the box for skiing and mountain biking for us and our friends and family. We have spent the last 12 months renovating the chalet so that it suits all our needs. We hope you enjoy our escape pad as much as we do.
What makes this chalet unique
The house is in a quieter area of Chatel with many english families around us. Means there is always someone for the kids to play with and no language problems!!
From the Owner
“We have always wanted something to escape to which ticks the box for skiing and mountain biking for us and our friends and family. We have spent the last 12 months renovating the chalet so that it suits all our needs. We hope you enjoy our escape pad as much as we do.”
Activity and Interests
Geneva lake is approximately 25mins drive from Chatel however there are mountain lakes close to chatel.
Geneva is approx 1h 15mins transfer.
The chalet is close to local amenities, 5 mins walk to a large supermarket, 10 mins walk to bar and restaurant, Chatel village is approximately 20mins walk from the chalet. Local bus stop is 1 mins walk with buses running regularly to Chatel village and ski lifts.
Chatel is a mountain resort with skiing, mountain biking, hiking, rafting, climbing etc all within easy access.
- Booking Notes:
20% deposit is payable on booking for catered holidays with balance due 4 weeks before the holiday commences. 25% deposit is required on booking for self catered accommodation with balance required 6 weeks before the start of the holiday. Payment to be made by bank transfer where possible.
Changeover day is typically Sunday however in some circumstances we can accommodate special requirements so please ask?
Notes on prices:
Prices are given per person for catered winter accommodation. We are able to offer some self catered accommodation and discounts for children, please contact us for prices and availability?
From the Owner
“The house is in a quieter area of Chatel with many english families around us. Means there is always someone for the kids to play with and no language problems!!”
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Satellite / Cable
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Toilet 1 - Toilet
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 2 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 3 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 4 - Shower Enclosure
- Family Bathroom 1 with bath and shower for bedroom 1 & 2 Family Bathroom 2 with shower for bedroom 3 & 4 Full en-suite to bedroom 5 with shower Full en-suite to bedroom 6 with double shower Family bathroom with shower for bedroom 7 & 8
- 6 Bedrooms, Sleeps 12
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Bedroom 5
- Bedroom 6
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 9/12 winter 6 beds (sleeps 16 summer 8 bed) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 with kingsize bed Bedroom 2 with bunk beds Bedroom 3 with double bed Bedroom 4 with single bed and pull out bed/travel cot Bedroom 5 with twin beds Bedroom 6 with double bed and lounge Bedroom 7 with double bed Bedroom 8 with bunk bed
- Ski & Snowboard ...
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: Please note during most of the ski season bedroom 6 is used by our host so capacity is reduced to 10. Outside: Large terrace area and gardens comprising hot tub, sun lounger, rocking chairs and occasional tables, external dining table and chairs, external in-deck lighting Utility Room: Washing machine, Tumble dryer, iron & ironing board Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: All towels and linen provided. Weekly cleaning service in the summer. Winter accommodation includes chalet host. Other: Large boot room with boot dryers, ski store and plenty of drying space, further WC. Large covered sun terrace and deck with hot tub.