House in Corwen, Llangollen, North Wales, Wales - A Tranquil Retreat But Still Close The Pubs, Restaurants And Shops
Cae Crwn, “the round field” is the perfect spring, summer, autumn and Christmas retreat! In the spring you have the amazing Daffodil display, the new lambs and the promise of new beginnings.. Summer gives you the best of Wales with long lazy afternoons. Autumn lets you experience the colours and look forward to a cosy fire at the end of the day and the Christmas winter experience, well we welcome you with the fire burning and we leave 'fizz' or wine and Christmas box under a massive real tree for you. Not even the dog is left out, pooch gets something too!..... And all with that amazing view from your own cosy living room, whatever the time of year you stay! Cae Crwn is a large, cosy, beautiful home from home holiday cottage nestling on an isolated hillside on the border of Snowdonia. This detached holiday cottage makes a tranquil retreat. In 9 acres of woodland gardens with streams and waterfalls, it overlooks the Dee valley with majestic year-round views. A must visit!!!
About the Owner
Hello and welcome to Cae Crwn! Please call me, Toni if you need any further information on 07866633966
See you soon Gerard and Toni
Guestbook comments from the owner
1st comment:Helpful owners. Plenty of wildlife. Remote property with lovely views. May 2012
2nd comment: Fantastic property, with amazing views and land. We had a fantastic time exploring the area and really relaxed whilst there. Perfect! Oct 2011.
3rd comment: Excellent property, well maintained with a variety of interesting features. Very helpful owner. Nov 2010.
4th comment: Lovely setting, size of property greater than expected - more room for the party. Oct 2010.
5th comment: Like a home from home - extremely comfortable. Dec 2009.
From the Owner
“We fell in love with Cae Crwn the moment we drove up the long drive and we knew we just had to live there. Cae Crwn is a truly special place and a joy to experience and discover. We decided to rent Cae Crwn out a few years ago and have watched You, our guests enjoy her magic, time and time again.”
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
The owners and both Artists and the house is filled with their work, which you may purchase. If you are interested in taking a painting, drawing or illustation course please contact direct for details and prices.
Rhug Estate This ancestral home of Lord Newborough, enjoy whitewater rafting, canoeing fishing and off-roading. The Estate also has an organic farm shop and monthly farmers market – an absolute must! The Welsh Dee good for Grayling, Salmon and Trout. World famous National Eisteddfod of Wales in August, Mountain Biking trails, Clay Pigeon shooting, Horse riding stables, walks on the local mountain ranges. Walks straight from Cae Crwn up the Berwyn Mountains. Ruthin Medieval Castle sight seeing. Portmerion, this sculpted village is a work of art in itself. Conway Harbour sea fishing available from local chartered boats, Llandudno famous Victorian pier shops and lovely cafes, local copper mine and slate quarries at Blaneau Ffestiniog are a fascinating underground experience.
Nearest beach - town name: Talacre Dunes, Kinmel Bay, Llandudno - 40 miles
Cottage to Snowdonia - 35 minute drive
Cottage to Betws-y-Coed - 30 minute drive
Cottage to Portmerion - 60 minute drive
Cottage to Chester - 50 minute drive
Nearest shops - town name: Corwen,2 miles
Nearest town - town name: Corwen,2 miles
Nearest train station – town name: Llangollen,10 miles
Nearest petrol station – town name: Corwen,2 miles
Nearest major supermarket - town name: Ruthin,10 miles
Nearest hospital - town name: Wrexham,25 miles
Nearest indoor pool - town name: Corwen,2 miles
Nearest beach - town name: Talacre Dunes, Kinmel Bay, Llandudno,25 miles
Tourist information: London Road, Corwen. LL21 0DR
Telephone: 01490 412378
Please be aware that your SatNav will NOT deliver you to the cottage door you will need the directions below!
The GPS location of the cottage is 52.961572, -3.396621
Directions: Take the A5 from Llangollen to Corwen, when you come to Corwen go through the town and look for a left hand turn onto the B4401 at this Junction your next left turn sits between 1.3 and 1.4 miles were you will see the private road just after the white house (W.I.L 1934 on the front) on your left and before the farm buildings on your right. (If you reach the next village ‘Cynwyd’ you have gone too far) Drive to the top of this road and you will find ‘Cae Crwn’ on your right!... Park and enjoy!
Corwen has a Natwest and Post Office
Ruthin has a Tesco 20 minutes door to door LL15 1BB
Restaurants; Berwyn Arms A5 & 5 miles from Cae Crwn (child friendly)01490 430210.
Bron-y-Graig Restaurant Corwen 01490 413007.
Cornmill Llangollen 01978 869555.
Manorhaus Ruthin 01824 707333.
Evans Butcher is the best in Corwen 01490 412144.
Rhug Estate has a farm shop, Restaurant and sells great meat, you can order Organic Christmas meats from them 01490 413000
Corwen Library 01490 412 378
Corwen Health Centre 01490 412362
- Booking Notes:
Please contact owner via email or phone. There is a damage deposit of between £200 to £600, depending on length of stay and occupancy numbers; payable in advance and refundable after guests leave. we accept 9 guests, babies are free but extra guests are charged at £20 per day. Unless by prior arrangement, we don't accept day visits from extra dogs.
Change over day is usually Friday or Saturday. Arrival time is 4pm. Departure time has to be 10am, we may be flexible with change over days and times depending on turn arounds and work commitments, please call or email to discuss.
Notes on prices:
PLEASE NOTE: We are a 4 star property regularly checked for high standards, consistency and value for money. WE ALSO CATER FOR SHORT BREAKS AND WEEKENDS! Please note that the 'Pricing Information' is a GUIDE, please contact me with your intended dates direct via email to get a quote WITHIN 24 HRS OR SOONER. We accept Dogs at £25 each and due to the increase of fuel there is an extra charge for oil; £8 per day in the summer £15 per day in the winter and £4 per day for electricity all year round.
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“We pride ourselves on giving our guests the best experience possible, with the decoration, a welcoming fire, all the personal touches and a moderately stocked kitchen, so if you wish, as soon as you arrive you can make a cup of tea before you even unpack your cars. After experiencing holiday cottages ourselves we wanted Cae Crwn to be all the good we had gathered, a place that we would love to be and stay ourselves, full of rustic luxury and homely charm.... A home from home! To enjoy, entertain and collect memories.”
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- children welcome
- pets considered
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Large family bathroom upstairs, with bath and separate double shower and separate toilet. Rain shower room and toilet downstairs.
- 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 9
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 9 (4 bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: This large cottage has four main bedrooms (large master or family room, two doubles and one twin). Each room has been designed to an individual theme and style, to bring and add extra character to your stay.
- Golf ...
- Ski & Snowboard ...
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: Cae Crwn is situated just a couple of miles from Corwen, and between historic Llangollen and beautiful Bala, the cottage is within easy reach of Ruthin, Portmerion and Chester. Cae Crwn boosts walks to the Berwyn mountains from the door. Corwen 1½ miles, Llangollen and Bala 10 miles. Cynwyd, shop and pub ¼ mile. Owners home 'The Studio' nearby.This property has ample parking for 4 cars (more by arrangement). Oil central heating throughout plus large open fire in the lounge and a four oven Aga in the kitchen. Extensive grounds with seating dotted around gardens with some outside lights. Has barbecue, (maintained by guests not owners) plus extra outdoor seating stored in the conservatory. Outside: The grounds are extensive and a delight to explore and very private, apart from the odd curious pheasant or sheep. There are several places to sit and sunbathe and picnic, there is also a patio and garden furniture is provided as well as picnic blankets and seating cushions. Please be aware that we have water running through the 9 acres and young children should be accompanied at all times. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: The cottage is dressed and cleaned for your arrival and towels, face clothes, shower gel and hand soap and linen are included. Other: Also we there is a conservatory off the kitchen which is great to relax in over the summer months and an ideal 'boot room' come dog drying area after long walks. You will also find outside furniture and picnic blankets stored here for your convenience.