4 bed/4wc&showerPreaux, Nr. Chatillon Sur Indre, Centre, No Noisy Neighbour, Great Night Skies &Open Views Of Bird Life, Deer, Bo
Farmhouse set in 2 acres surrounded by beautiful countryside. Great for bird and animal watching. Swimming pool is fenced in separate garden area so ideal for families. There is also a rear terrace to the back of the house which is also fenced. Children can be happy in the sand pit or playing outside while parents are cooking in the kitchen. Some bikes and games are provided for you to enjoy.
About the Owner
I am a mum of two children. We originally purchased the house to escape our working life but we now enjoy family life here . The children describe our farmhouse as their most favourite place in the whole wide world where they enjoy the pool most of all !
Guestbook comments from the owner
"An idyllic location with so much to do it was like home from home" - Mr & Mrs Heard, Middlesex
"A French friendly property manager with so much local knowledge on fishing, nature and wildlife and to top it fluent in English made our holiday" P Warwick, London
"We had a brilliant holiday and would recommend this farmhouse to anyone. The kids and I cant wait to come back. It had everything we needed" Steve W. Hertfordshire
From the Owner
“We bought the property as an idylic escape to a hectic working City life. The farmhouse is perfect if you enjoy your own company, as there are no neighbours to hear your music etc. The clear skies make star watching ideal and we have often spotted wild boar, deer, hares and and abundance of birdlife. The area has everything you need to have a holiday which suits your every need. We are always happy to help create the perfect holiday so feel free to contact me. Children and families will love the house.”
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
There are many beautiful locations for fishing as you would expect of a location evolving around the loire river. The Brenne national park is also a great location which has an abundance of lakes and natural countryside. There are cycle routes (the Tour De France circuit was via Equille) and many walks as well as ballooning sites and micro gliding and much more. The Loire is valley is the perfect holiday location for such a wide variety of needs.
The airports of Tours under 1.5 hour drive and Poitiers under 2 hr drive are nearby. The UK ferry ports are all a reasonable drive with an average time of 4.5 hours from La Harve or 6 Hours from Calais.
Preaux with its village shop, restaurant, church etc is approx 3km away as is Villdemain with a lovely cafe/ice cream parlour. The nearest supermarket & town with bars, chemist, post office, park, tourist information centre etc is Ecueille approx 5km away. This has a weekly market & in the summer there are many festivals. The nearest "big" town is Chatillon Sur Indre which has all amenities eg Hypermarket, chemists, banks etc. This is a 15minute drive. Loches is a beautiful medival town.
The Chateau of Valencay is the nearest. This is beautiful. It is a 15/20 min drive and has a great Maze. Bring your driving licence so you can drive a buggy around the estates woodland. We are well placed to the entire Chateaux route. There is go Karting in Chatillon which is about 15mins drive. Kids from 7yrs up can use this track which is one of the largest in Europe. Adults love it 2. Beauval Zoo is the largest in Europe and highly recommended. The glass walls mean you can get up really close to white tigers and other great animals. The medieval town of Loches is under an hour drive and this has great restaurants and a dungeon. There are summer festivals worth watching. There is a Michelin Star restaurant in Le Petit Pressigny and Haute Touche is within 15/20 minute drive which is the largest zoological park in France where 1000 + animals live within 500 hectares. Lots of fishing, golf and cycling options. Also ballooning and micro gliding. Please ask for full information on any activities you are interested in. There is lots to do and see. Just ask about your favourite things and we will let you know.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
Rate 4 blocked
14 Aug 2016 - 26 Aug 2017
Changeover Day: Saturday
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Changeover Day: Saturday
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£300|
To finalise a booking you need to complete and return a booking form and send a 25% deposit. The balance will be collected 8 weeks prior to your holiday. We also ask for a £300 security deposit cheque which will be refunded immediately upon your return. Naturally, subject to no serious damage. There is an additional fee of £70 a week if pool heating is required. This will take the pool to 5 degrees maximum above ambient temperature. The electricity is expensive and there is a maximum output for the house so for eg the dishwasher may need to be off when the heater is on or it may trip electrics. All easy to flick switch back on but one of the country nuances!
Changeover day is Saturday unless out of season where we may consider alternatives.
25% payable to secure booking and balance plus £300 security deposit cheque payable 8 weeks prior to holiday
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“The kitchen has everything a good chef needs and there is an outside BBQ area and toys around for children. The ensuite rooms help ensure that you are not on top of others if you are sharing with other families or friends and there is pleanty of seating to ensure a get away if you want to read on your own etc”
- Away From It All
- Hair Dryer
- Heating ...
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Towels Provided ...
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine ...
- Wood Stove ...
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Dining ...
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Games ...
- Satellite / Cable ...
- Toys ...
Pool / Spa
- Heated Pool
- Private Pool ...
- Events Allowed
- Long-term Renters Welcome
- children welcome
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- winery tours
- bird watching
- horse riding
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 2 - Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 2 off Hall - Toilet, Shower Enclosure, Full ensuite toilet and shower with door
- Family bathroom has wc, bath and shower, bedroom 2 has ensuite shower and wc, bedroom 3 has shower and wc and bedroom 4 has wc, bath and shower.
- 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 10
- Bedroom 1 Twin - 2 Single Bed, Bathroom next door but no shower enclosed only shower head
- Bedroom 2 - off hall - 1 Extra Lg. Double Bed, King size bed
- Bedroom 3 family room - 1 Extra Lg. Double Bed, 2 Single Bed, Separate door to room with 2 beds and ensuite toilet shower
- Bedroom 4 off kitchen - 1 Double Bed, Double with ensuite toilet bath with shower above bath
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 10 (4 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 has twin beds and is next to family bathroom, bedroom 2 has king-size bed and is en suite, bedroom 3 (family room) has a kingsize bed and a door leading to a twin bedded room and ensuite shower/toilet, bedroom 4 is a double ensuite.
- Bicycles ...
- Terrace ...
- Golf ...
- 4 bicycles
- Notes on accommodation: The main building is a farmhouse which is over 100 years old. The style is in keeping with house but it has modern fittings, and a simple decorative order. Please look at the many photos or request additional information if required. We feel the house has great charm and is fully functional for a lovely holiday. Outside: The house is set in 2 acres of land with plenty of space for sports and the 10m x 5m traditional concrete based pool has a tiled terrace area which is great for sunbathing. There is outside dining furniture to the back and front of the house. We do not advertise the pool with heating due to the cost and in the summer it is not always necessary. We can consider at additional cost if required. Utility Room: Kitchen is large with dining area which is over 30ft long. Mops, hoover and other cleaning materials are available Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Bath towels and bed linen are included. They will be clean upon your arrival. If extra changes are required this can be arranged at additional cost. Please bring pool towels with you. Other: Outside games area and small library of books and DVD's