Villa in Umbertide area, Umbria, Italy - Peaceful Location Close To Beautiful Umbrian Hill Villages
Stunning newly-refurbished detached Villa with private salt water 5mx10m pool in half an acre of gardens with fabulous views of the hill village of Montone and across the Upper Tiber Valley. Set in the sleepy hamlet of Coldipozzo, the Villa has recently been transformed from a tumbledown farmhouse and tobacco drying tower into a comfortable and luxurious contemporary home with an emphasis on natural light, natural materials, quality fittings and comfort. The Villa has its own well and water pressure throughout the house is excellent and solar heating ensures a permanent hot water supply. The pool saline purification system means that chemicals are kept to an absolute minimum ensuring a swim that is as fragrant as it is refreshing, as well as being kinder to skin and eyes. There is a 32 inch HD LCD TV offering HD freeview UK channels and free Wi-Fi internet.
About the Owner
Activity and Interests
Lake Trasimeno is an hour away and the Le Marche Riviera beaches are about a 2 hour drive from us.
Perugia International Airport is a 25 minute drive away. Bologna and Ancona airports are about an hour and three quarters and Rome is about 2 hours away. Use of a car is essential if you wish to travel around the area. If you are travelling to Italy by train and coming from the north, Arezzo is the closest stop.
Montone is about 3km, Umbertide about 7kms, Citta di Castello, about 10kms. Cortona and Perugia are about a 30 minutes drive and Gubbio, Assisi and Arezzo are up to 45 minutes. Lake Trasimeno is 1 hour away and Florence, Siena, Bologna, Urbino, Rome and the Le Marche Riviera beaches are a 90 minutes to 2 hour drive.
A range of activities including wine tours/tasting, truffle hunting/tasting, cooking lessons, italian lessons, guided tour of local sites of interest and art tours, walking and bicycle tours and horse riding, can all be organised locally. Catering can also be provided on request.
- Booking Notes:
On booking confirmation, a deposit of 30% of the rental is required. The payment balance is due 6 weeks before arrival. Payment can be made either via PayPal or via bank to bank transfer. A security deposit of E300 (or its equivalent in other currencies) will be requested on arrival.
Saturday is the preferred changeover day (arrival after 4:00pm and departure at 10:00am) but we would like to be a flexible as possible. Please contact me for further information.
Notes on prices:
The rental price includes gas, electricity, wi-fi internet, final cleaning, indoor towels, linen, and pool and garden maintenance. The rental is priced in Euros but, if preferred, can also be paid in pounds sterling.
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Satellite / Cable
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool
- children welcome
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 3 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 4 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Toilet 1 - Toilet
- En-suite to Master bathroom with bath and handheld shower spray, wc, bidet. En-suites to bedrooms 2, 3 and 4 with overhead rose and handheld shower sprays, wc and bidet. Ground floor cloakroom with wc and bidet.
- 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 8 (4 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Master Bedroom with double bed and french window opening onto a Juliet balcony; bedroom 2 and 3 can accommodate either a double bed or twin beds; bedroom 4 has twin beds. All bedrooms have views of the garden or surrounding countryside.
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: The villa has inbuilt insect screens on all bedroom and bathroom windows. Outside: There is a large patio area immediately outside the living room and further seating areas in the garden.The illuminated salt water swimming pool is 10m by 5m and is open from the end of May to September/October. There are plenty of outdoor furniture, parasols and sun-loungers. Utility Room: Washing machine, iron and ironing board. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Towels and linen are included (please provide your own pool towels). Property cleaned weekly. Additional domestic help is available, if requested, for an additional cost.