House in Noyant, Nr. Saumur, Maine-et-Loire, Pays de la Loire, Peaceful rural Location
This very comfortable gite is located between the river La Loire and Le Loir in the beautiful Loire Valley. It was only completed in 2011, and has beenvery well received by the first visitors. It is one bedroomed, but with two bathrooms , excellent kitchen facilities and cosy lounge/diner plus super outside dining patio with table, chairs, recliners and barbecue. Parking is available directly outside, so no carrying cases too far. We have tried to make this a home from home, with plenty of extra little touches which we hope will enhance your holiday. We are close to several Chateaux, vineyards and of course the famous Le Mans 24 hour circuit and three cities, which makes this an interesting area to explore. Within our complex there is a further small studio gite, which can be offered favourably with this gite. We can also offer the opportunity to partake of an evening meal (chef cooked) which can add that special treat, and means you do not have to drive anywhere.
About the Owner
About Joan Clarke
We have lived here in France for 8 years, having run a busy catering company in the u.k for over 30 years. Peter was the chef and Joan the front of house and general organiser. We have enjoyed renovating our lovely longere here in the Loire valley and enjoyed meeting many lovely visitors to our chambres d'hotes and gites. We are both involved with horses and ponies, and have been carriage driving for 30 years plus and continue to drive here in france and even compete in their Concours de Tradition competitions - great fun and hospitality!
Peter loves to cook for guests and we do offer the opportunity to enjoy a lovely three course meal, if requested.
We have been in the hospitality business for all our married life and hope that we can help to make your holiday special.
Joan Clarke purchased this cottage in 2003
Why Joan Clarke chose Maine-et-Loire
Bought the property in readiness to retire from the hectic catering life and find a small corner of rural france to make home and enjoy the lifestyle. We have renovated the property over the years and it has come a long way from the place we bought. It is a beautiful spot which catches the sun and allows one to unwind and take a more stress free life.
Come and join us.
What makes this cottage unique
We find our property very convenient for local shops, and wonderful countryside and cities. We have visited many chateaux and been fortunate to enjoy the very best Loire wines, add to that some lovely sunshine and we have perfection!
This property doesn't have any reviews yet!
From the Owner
“Bought the property in readiness to retire from the hectic catering life and find a small corner of rural france to make home and enjoy the lifestyle. We have renovated the property over the years and it has come a long way from the place we bought. It is a beautiful spot which catches the sun and allows one to unwind and take a more stress free life. Come and join us.”
Activity and Interests
Nearest beach is over 1.5 hours away, but there are some wonderful large lakes locally and some have bathing facilities.
Nearest airport Tours - 1 hour Nantes airport 1.5 hours
Caen port about 3.25 hours and Calais is a 5 hour drive. Le havre about 3.5 hours.
We are 4 kms from Noyant town which has most shops, garages etc.
1.25 kms from our village with bakery and bar restaurant.
31 kms to Saumur sitting on the beautiful Loire Valley and about 15 kms to some of the best vineyards.
Horse riding about 15 kms away.
Banks, supermarket, pharmacy, garages, restaurants available in Noyant just 5 mins drive.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
My Standard Rate
1 night minimum stay
for 1 night
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
Booking made with a deposit and balance payable 2 months before date of arrival. Payments can be made into u.k bank account or French.
Changeover day flexible except August (Saturday) Will split weeks if desired and less than 7 days is possible - just ask. Arrival time 4.00 p.m and departure by 10.00 am.
Notes on prices:
Prices are for two persons & full weeks, but a price can be given per night for shorter breaks or 3 days or more. Prices for four people you must add £50 per week (this covers extra linen, towels etc.) Just contact us for more information.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- 50% refund for cancellations more than 30 days before check-in date.
- 100% refund for cancellations more than 60 days before check-in date.
From the Owner
“We find our property very convenient for local shops, and wonderful countryside and cities. We have visited many chateaux and been fortunate to enjoy the very best Loire wines, add to that some lovely sunshine and we have perfection!”
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Kitchen ...
- Satellite / Cable
Pool / Spa
- Communal Pool
- Heated Pool
- bird watching
- horse riding
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- equestrian events
- mountain biking
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Ensuite bathroom to main bedroom, with shower/bath , w.c and basin plus downstairs walk in shower room with w.c and basin.
- 1 Bedroom, Sleeps 4
- Bedroom 1
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 4 (1 Bedroom) Notes on bedrooms: One bedroom upstairs with large double bed and ensuite bathroom.
- Golf ...
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: The accommodation is extremely comfortable for two people and is priced for two, but there is space for another two on the sofa bed and they do have a separate shower room & w.c (at extra cost) Outside: There is a good dining patio to the rear with table, chairs and recliners. A gas barbecue is also included for your use, and you are just a short walk to the swimming pool area & hot tub where there are more tables, chairs and recliners for use. The gite overlooks the peaceful countryside and our paddocks with ponies that we use for carriage driving. Ideal area for walking or cycling and of course motorbiking. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Towels for the bathrooms and pool use are included, plus all linen. Cleaning is down to the hirer, but can be arranged at extra cost if required. A washing machine is available within the complex.