Villa in Campos del Rio, Murcia, Costa Calida, Spain - Great Place To Unwind And Relax In The Sun. Children Love The Pool. Peaceful Location. Village 3 km
If you are looking for a large 5 star Villa in the sun for your summer holiday with family or friends, then this is the villa for you. This self catering Villa has everything you could possibly want for a comfortable relaxing holiday. Beautiful mature gardens with 10 x 5 metre heated pool, 14 ft trampoline and table tennis. It really is the perfect place to unwind, sleep and recharge your batteries. Guaranteed sunshine for more than 300 days a year, this Villa gives you the perfect holiday. If you want to be active there is plenty to do in the surrounding areas, cycling and walking in the Sierra Espana, Golf, Shopping in Murcia, hundreds of beaches to choose from including, the Costa Calida, Costa Blanca and the Mar Menor where the largest lagoon in Europe is situated. The new Terra Natura with Nature Park and Aqua park just a car drive away.
Top Traveller Review
About the Owner
My name is Peggy and I am married to John who is a GP in York. I was a nurse and we have been happily married for 26 years. We have been extremely lucky to have 2 fabulous children that we love and have huge respect for. We are a hard working family and have strived to live with high standards and values. Our interests include walking, travel, reading, architecture, photography, good food and dining out. All of which can be satisfied here in Spain. Our friends and family are important to us, and having the villa has enabled us to spend quality time together. We have a large extended family and this villa is perfect for entertaining and being able to relax in the sun with the people who mean the most to us. A perfect place for entertaining, exploring and relaxing holidays in the sun.
Guestbook comments from the manager
We have just come back from staying at this wonderful villa. Myself my husband my two children aged 14 & 4 along with my parents stayed for 12 days.
We were totally blown away on arriving at the villa as its even more beautiful than the pictures give it credit for! It's very spacious, has luxury surroundings, has everything you could possibly want and need no expense spared (Thanks Peggy). The views of the mountains are spectacular and the gardens are well kept with trees growing fruit for you to pick!!
I have to mention the pool and how well kept. It's great going on holiday and not having to worry bout ear infections and other nasty surprises you come across in the pool..... The temp of the water was just right and the lights were an added extra bonus on an evening when you could take a swim if fancying it...
I have to mention Hazel who was very helpful in giving us advice on the best local places to visit and also directions too, she is a very nice lady and is very helpful.
4.8 based on 4 holidaymaker reviews
A lovely villa in a beautiful rural setting in the wonderful area of Murica, Spain.
We went as a group of 6 (family of four plus 2) and the villa was fantastic. The layout is great and gives both privacy when required and communal spaces. The villa is in a small and exclusive estate which is very quiet and the local town has a wonderful bar/restaurant (El Paseo) and a local supermarket within 2 miles drive. We ventured out quite a lot to the beaches (45mins to 1 hour) drive away and also some of the more touristy things such as the water parks etc.
We would definitely return to the villa.
The villa was immaculate inside and out. The pool area was safe and we enjoyed the table tennis. Excellent venue for our family holiday. I would definitely recommend this property to friends and family. The villa is ideal for a relaxing holiday in 5 star luxury.
Family summer holiday
This was a family holiday to celebrate our 60th birthdays with our family all together for two weeks (six adults and three grandchildren) The villa was clean and well set out with all the appliances we needed and the TV and x box in one of the bedrooms soon became the two older boys bedroom, The large swimming pool and outdoor Barbeque and Bar area was well used and there were plenty of places to enjoy meals and just relax in the evening with a nice glass of wine, there were some fantastic mountain views and gorgeous sunsets, Peggy was very helpful when booking our holiday and allowed my brother who lives in Spain to join us for a barbeque one day, I would definitely recommend this villa to my family and friends, We visited to local shops and bars which had most thing you would need for an enjoyable holiday
The perfect villa!
This was our 4th stay at this villa in 7 years which is testament to how much we love it as a family getaway! Even though the kids have grown (12 & 16) they wanted to come back for half term, as they know we have a great time at the villa together. There is so much space and places just to sit,chat and relax, with the pool and table tennis table the centre for family competitions!
The new massive flat screen TV in the living area was a bonus this time around and with excellent WiFi, the kids can show their friends what they are missing on Instagram and Facebook.
At the end of October the weather was surprisingly warm and we were able to sit by the pool and swim every day.
We even ventured out to Cartegna this time which was a pleasant surprise and walked along the marina and visited the maritime museum to brush up on our Spanish Armada knowledge!
The new shopping a Centre only 20 mins away was also a hit too.
However, the best thing about villa Casablanca is the peace, tranquility and luxury which is second to none. Would always recommend anybody to stay here as long as does not clash with us!
From the Owner
“It was love at first sight. We arrived at Campos de Murcia and just loved the views of the mountains. It was like looking at a picture that consistently changed. It was so quiet you could hear a pin drop. We wanted to have a big Villa with a large garden and a pool where you could get away from the rat race with family and friends. This area is amazing, there are so many places to visit. We are still finding new places to go to. With Murcia City (designer shops and boutiques) Hundreds of beaches including the Mar Manor. Lovely villages like Mula, Lorca to visit. Local markets, fabulous fresh fish, meat, vegetables and fruit what more could you really wish for? Ah yes the weather! Well that's good too with more than 300 days of sunshine. What will you do? Swim, relax, BBQ or?,,,”
Activity and Interests
There are hundreds of beaches from Alicante to Cartaghena. The Mar Menor is famous for being the largest lagoon in Europe. The nearest beach in Mazaron is 40 minutes drive from the house.
Murcia- San Javier is the nearest airport which is 40 minutes drive away.
Alicante airport- is 1 hour drive away.
The new Murcia airport due to open in 2012 is 20 minutes by car.
Car hire is essential for the Villa
All by car:-
Local village 3 mins
Murcia Large Town is 20 mins - Cathedral, squares, designer shops, theatre, and many restaurants. Historic and beautiful
Nearest Beach - Mazaron 40 mins
Terra Natura- zoo and aqua park- 20 mins
Neuvo Condeminium- Shopping mall 250 shops indoor 20 mins
Thader- Shopping mall 250 shops 20 mins
Designer Outlet 20 mins
El Courte Ingles outlet 20 mins
Sierra Espuna- for walking and cycling 45 mins.
Golf- many within 20 mins
The local Village of Campos del Rio is 3 km from the villa and is perfect to be able to buy everything you need for a great holiday. There are 2 supermarkets, a fabulous butchers, (where you can purchase great steak, chicken, sausages, etc for the BBQ) chemist, Dr's surgery which is open 24 hrs, newsagents, Bars which serve tapas and Bank. There is a local Market with fruit, veg, clothes, plants, on Wednesday morning.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
3 Jun 2017 - 30 Sep 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
My Standard Rate
Changeover Day: Saturday
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Pool Heating per week||£175|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£500|
To book our Villa.
First contact us to check your dates are available.
I will agree dates with you and send you a booking form. The booking form needs to be signed and posted to our home address on the booking form
We ask you for a 20% deposit on booking.
Full payment is required 8 weeks before your holiday commences and a £500 deposit for breakages is taken at this time.
Address and keys are then issued.
Deposit,breakages, cleaning and excessive electricity use will be taken if required
The preferred changeover day is Saturday. However we prefer 7 or 14 nights in peak season.
Notes on prices:
Prices vary from season to season.
Deposit of £500 which is returned after villa has been checked. Breakages will be charged for, as well as excess cleaning. Excessive use of electricity may also be charged for.
Manager's Cancellation Policy
- 50% refund for cancellations more than 30 days before check-in date.
- 100% refund for cancellations more than 60 days before check-in date.
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“What we really love about our villa is the quality and comfort that we are able to provide ourselves. The Villa is spacious and so there are plenty places to find somewhere quite to sit and relax even when there are 8 of us. Everything about the villa has been designed to ensure comfort and luxury, with attention to detail. We have invested in quality furniture which is of a modern contemporary design, with Lloyd loom dining chairs on the outside terrace, Travertine table to seat 8, 2 x large sofa's in the shade to relax and unwind while the children are swimming in the pool. The enclosed garden is landscaped with bougainvillea, jasmine, fruit trees, flowers, and grape vines. It is a wonderful Villa and garden and we hope you will love it too.”
- Away From It All
- Tourist Attractions
- Air Conditioning ...
- Hair Dryer
- Heating ...
- Internet ...
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Parking ...
- Towels Provided
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Wood Stove
- Coffee Maker ...
- Dishes & Utensils ...
- Kitchen ...
- Oven ...
- Pantry Items ...
- Refrigerator ...
- Hob ...
- Toaster ...
- Child's Highchair
- Dining ...
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Ping Pong Table
- Satellite / Cable ...
- Stereo ...
- Toys ...
- Video Games
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool ...
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed
- wheelchair accessible ...
- city centre
- autumn foliage
- theme parks
- water parks
- winery tours
- bird watching
- outlet shopping
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- fitness centre
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- mountain biking
- mountain climbing
- 250 m²
- Toilet 1 - Toilet
- Toilet 2 - Toilet
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath with Shower, Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath with Shower, Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 3 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 1 en-suit to Suit 1 upstairs double Bathroom 2 en-suit to bedroom 2, double Bathroom 3 with shower, bidet, sink and toilet, bedroom 3-4 Bathroom 4 toilet and sink off hallway Bathroom 5 toilet and sink in pool room for use during swimming.
- 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 9
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Extra Lg. Double Bed, 1 Cot, COT SITUATED IN DRESSING ROOM OFF LARGE BEDROOM
- Bedroom 2 - 1 Extra Lg. Double Bed, 1 Cot, HAS ENSUITE BATHROOM & COT TO REQUEST
- Bedroom 3 - 3 Single Bed, 2 BEDS CAN BE JOINED TO MAKE 6 FOOT DOUBLE
- Bedroom 4 - 2 Single Bed, BEDS CAN BE LINKED TO MAKE EXTRA LARGE DOUBLE
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 9 plus 2 cots Notes on bedrooms: Upstairs Suit 1. 6ft bed, memory foam mattress, bathroom, dressing room with cot. Downstairs Bedroom 2 6ft bed, memory foam mattress, en-suit Bedroom 3 with 2 or 3 x single beds Bedroom 4 with 2 single beds Both single beds can zip and link
- Terrace ...
- Golf ...
- Barbecue ...
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: This Villa is very large so is suitable for 4 couples, extended families, or two families sharing. Outside: The heated 10 x 5 meter pool has a depth of 1.3 metres- for pool games or floating on a lilo soaking up the sun. In the 2,000 sq metre enclosed garden is a 14 ft trampoline and table tennis table. The landscaped garden is not overlooked and has mature fruit trees including, peach, apricot, fig, lemon and lime trees, which are very important for making that fresh Gin & Tonic. There are beautiful flowers including different colours of bougainvillea and grapes. The pool house has a built in kitchen and BBQ, which is fully equipped with a bar so the men can BBQ and enjoy a cold beer as they cook the steak for your diner. A pergola has recently been added to the pool house to give a bit of shade during the long hot summer with a table to seat 8 so you don't have to carry the food very far. There are many comfortable areas to sit outside, inside in the sun or in the shade including 8 sunloungers. We have tried to think of everything for you to have a great summer holiday. Utility Room: The utility room is fully fitted with washing machine, tumble dryer, iron, and ironing board. We also keep the sweeping brushes, mops and cleaning equipment for the house in the cupboards in this room. Cleaning / Towels / Linen Linen included. Towels. 1 x bath 1 x hand towel, 1 x swimming towel for each guest. Linen change once every 7-10 days depending on length of stay. Other: The large outside terrace (in shade) that you can see from the main photograph has both a travertine table seating 8 with Lloyd loom chairs and there are two, 3 seater sofas and 3 large chairs. The BBQ also now has a shade with a table that seats 8.