Villa in Cela, Portugal - Peaceful Location With Stunning Country Views Just 10 Minutes Drive From The Nearest Beach
Our spacious beautiful, three bedroom detached villa with large pool and air conditioning has a large living / dining room with an additional reception room and large kitchen with two sets of double doors leading to the large patio area with bbq and lovely country views. Down a few steps from the patio the 10m x 5m solar heated private pool can be accessed. The villa is set within the lovely rural Portuguese village of Cela and is one of just three detached houses built by a well respected local builder. The local village cafe doubles as a village store selling essential items such as fresh bread, butter and milk. It is a 10 minute drive to the delightful bay at San Martinho do Porto where there is safe bathing for children and plenty of local bars and restaurants. The popular seaside town of Nazare is also close by. The heritage cultural sites of Obidos, Batalha and Fatima are within easy reach. The monastery at nearby Alcobaca is a must see! Excellent international golf courses are just half an hours drive.
Top Traveller Review
Lovely well equiped holiday home
About the Owner
We are John & Debbie O'Neill. We are in our 50's and have 3 children and 3 grandchildren. We own and operate an award winning holiday park in the Peak District National Park. We have won the Hoseasons Diamond award for 2011, 2012, 2013 & 2014 and are an AA 5 Pennant Gold Holiday Park and winners of the AA Campsite of the Year - Heart of England, 2015.
We had looked all over Europe for a place to buy a holiday home that could be used and enjoyed by our family and also rented out as an extension to our business. We couldn't find what we were looking for and so had this house built off plan.
The house is very much furnished for comfort to a very high standard. Our philosophy is very much to furnish it so that if we were a guest we would be very happy with it.
Guestbook comments from the owner
'Just wanted to say thank you for a fantastic stay. Your villa is beautiful and perfectly equipped! We had an amazing stay and were very lucky with the weather.' October 2014
' A really lovely stay - the best villa we have stayed in.' August 2014
'The villa is stunning and in a very nice location.' August 2013
'We had a lovely holiday and your house was really beautiful.Would definitely recommend it.' July 2013
2 holidaymaker reviews
Lovely well equiped holiday home
Well its a great villa --has all you could need. Cela v quiet -- v sleepy so might not suit everyone but 10-15 mins to beach /supermarket . Food , petrol is cheap still in Portugal for those who haven't been recently . Top tips for things to do --- day trip to Lisbon --we drove to Sintra ( 50 mins ) then train to Lisbon 25 mins --- cheap parking . Liked Alcobaca for wander and monastery . Beaches are generally good -- watch out for steep drop offs --- like the stretch south of Nazare --wild and unspoilt .One of the best days out was kayaking ( see prev review ) from Coimbra --its 80 min drive but fast roads most of the way --cost about 90Euro for family of five --well organised and recommend stopping in Coimbra on way home as nice old University town with interesting centre .Peniche is worth a half day jaunt and wander round the coastal fort .Not many downsides but the beaches and seaside resorts can be heaving in August and parking v tricky .
Just home from our two weeeks at this Beautiful, Beautiful, Villa which is exactly as described on the website and even better in reality!
Could not think of anyting else we would need.
Lots of R&R, eating outdoors on terrace with wonderful views, sun bathing, swimming in own private pool.
While village of Cela is quite rural, so lovely and quiet, it is only 10 to 15 mins drive to towns of Alcobaca, Nazares or Sao Martino de Porto.
We were a family of 5 including 3 teenagers who found the location a little quiet but enjoyed the sunbathing and the pool. made day trips to Obidos and Sintra, and also Coimbra where we kayaked downed the river mondego with a company based in penacova.
From the Owner
“Our house is located within the traditional small Portuguese village of Cela within 10 minutes drive of the popular sea-side towns of San Marinho do Porto and Nazare. We bought the house at Cela off plan from a local builder as the style of the house was light and airy and took fully advantage of the wonderful view down the valley with the inclusion of a floor to ceiling glass wall all along one side of the lounge. There are plenty of historic sites close by and the monastery of Alcobaca is a must as is the cathedral in Sitio. Obidos and Buddha Eden are within half an hours drive and should not be missed. The area is far less commercialised than the Algarve and traditional Portuguese restaurants can be found in abundance with good quality, inexpensive local wine and food.”
Activity and Interests
The villa is situated within 10 minutes drive of San Martinho do Porto with its lovely sandy bay and safe bathing. The popular seaside town of Nazare is a 10 - 15 minute drive away. Restaurants and shops at both resorts.
There is the rugged Atlantic coastline which can be of particular interest to water sport enthusiasts who want to take part in windsurfing and surfing. Jet skiing and sailing are available at the Foz do Arelho sailing school which is approximately half an hours drive away.
The nearest airport is Lisbon - which is only 70 kilometres away and mainly on motorway. Toll charges do apply so some Euros are needed. Porto airport is 2 hours drive, but you could always incorporate a bit of port tasting while in the area! Easy Jet, BA, and TAP Portugal all operate out of Lisbon to various UK airports and a Dublin to Lisbon service currently exists - provided by Air Lingus. Car hire is essential and can be hired direct from a variety of sources at the airports.
The spa town of Caldas de Rainha, has a good variety of shops and a daily market and is about 15 minutes drive. It is 20 minutes to the walled city of Obidos, 35 minutes to the fishing village of Peniche and 10 -15 minutes drive to Sao Martinho and Nazare. The monastery at Alcobaca is well worth a visit (10 minutes drive). Lisbon is less than 1 hour away. There are local supermarkets and banks in San Marinho do Porto, Nazare and Caldas de Rainha together with a good variety of restaurants.
Our local cafe in Cela doubles as a village store for basic essentials such as fresh bread, butter and milk. Larger supermarkets can be found in San Martinho do Porto, Nazare, Alcobaca and Caldas da Rainha. All have shops, banks and restaurants. Sitio is situated just above Nazare and a venicular railway runs between the two - although Sitio is also accessible by road. The cathedral at Sitio is well worth a visit and the views from Sitio across Nazare can only be described as breath-taking. The monastery at Alcobaca is also amazing and well worth the short drive. Restaurants and shops are plentiful both in Sitio and also Alcobaca.
Buddha Eden (see their own website) is half an hour away by car and it is probably the only way that you will get a true flavour of the Terracotta Army outside of China! They also boast their own vineyard and wine tasting is possible. It really is a totally unique place and well worth a visit.
Obidos is also a must see - it is set within the walls of Obidos Castle and is charming and picturesque. It is possible to walk around all of the walls but there are many areas without handrails and personally I would not recommend it for either young children or anybody who is unsteady on their feet. However, inside the walls can be enjoyed by one and all and there are plenty of places to stop for a bite to eat or something to drink.
There are many places to walk and enjoy the beautiful surroundings but a 'family favourite' of ours is the board walk that takes you from Salir do Porto to San Martinho do Porto. We always park in the car park (free) near the public swimming pool at Salir do Porto and then walk to San Martinho - it takes approximately 30 minutes each way with a well earned stop for refreshments somewhere along the way.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
October - December
1 Oct 2016 - 23 Dec 2016
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£200|
To make a reservation, it is our policy is to take a 20% deposit to secure your booking via e-mail or phone. The outstanding balance must be paid 8 weeks prior to the start date of your holiday. A fully refundable (provided no damage has been caused / breakages occurred) accidental damages deposit of £200 or 250 Euros is payable which is refunded a maximum of 14 days after your departure (usually sooner).
Payment Methods: Debit Card, Credit Card (2.5% surcharge) or Cheque
Changeover day is ideally Saturday, however subject to availability other days maybe available, please ask prior to booking.
The house will be available from 4 p.m. on the day of your arrival and must be vacated by 10 a.m. on the day of departure.
Notes on prices:
Early Booking Discounts available, please contact owners
Our calendar is updated daily and remains available until the deposit for the booking is received.
Short breaks are available in “Low Season”, please contact owners for details and pricing.
All prices quoted are in £ pounds sterling.
Deposit of 20% on booking, with the balance payable 56 days before the holiday start date.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“Cela is a peaceful location yet close enough to be able to dip in and out of the nearby more touristy resorts with their wonderful clean stunning bays. The property would suit those looking for a quiet, family holiday in an area that retains the more traditional Portuguese culture. The house is modern and contemporary - the glass wall in the lounge has stunning views over both the valley and also the private swimming pool (10m x 5m) set in the fully enclosed rear garden. Upstairs boasts an unusually large balcony whilst the kitchens two double patio doors walk straight out onto the extensive patio area with its built in barbeque. Within easy walking distance the local cafe doubles as a village store and bread, butter, milk and other essentials can be purchased here.”
- Air Conditioning
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Satellite / Cable
Pool / Spa
- Heated Pool
- Private Pool
- near the sea
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 3 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- 3 Bathrooms: En-suite to bedroom 1 has large shower area, basin & toilet. Main bathroom with bath and shower over, basin, toilet & bidet. Bathroom 3 (ground floor) has a large shower area, basin, toilet & bidet. All finished to a very high standard.
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 6+1 (3 double rooms) - travel cot available Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 - Master Bedroom suite, king size bed, en-suite with large shower cubicle, very large balcony with extensive countryside views. Bedroom 2 – Twin beds, also large balcony. Bedroom 3 - Twin beds, balcony. All bedrooms have built in wardrobes
- Golf ...
- Notes on accommodation: The Villa is for the exclusive use of the hirer and the people named on the booking form for the period of the hire as stated on the hire contract. The Villa overall will suit a variety of holiday styles from beach or family holidays to golf or historic. It is possible to dip in and out of the hustle and bustle of the local popular seaside resorts and then retreat to the peace and quiet of the villa. The villa itself has been furnished to a very high standard - it is aesthetically pleasing and also very comfortable. The upstairs balcony is very large and takes full advantage of the views which the patio / pool / bbq area also shares. The Silver Coast represents true unspoilt Portugal at its best with good quality inexpensive traditional Portuguese restaurants nearby where local wines can be purchased. Car hire is essential to make the most of your stay. Outside: There is a large, fully enclosed, terraced back garden which provides a safe environment for children and stunning views for adults. It contains a 10m x 5m private, solar heated swimming pool (for the exclusive use of our guests), patio / garden furniture and built in BBQ. Access to the house is either via the kitchen or the living room and it is also possible to access the double garage. The area to the front of the house is gated and parking is possible both outside and inside the garage. Utility Room: No separate utility room - but large double garage is available to dry washing if necessary. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: The house is serviced by the villa manager, Augusta prior to your arrival and bathroom towels and linen are included (pool / beach towels are not included). Towels / bedding changed weekly. Other: Occasional room with TV / DVD player and X-box (you need to take games). Table and double settee. Ideal room for older children / teenagers to chill out and have their own space. Double garage.