Farmhouse in Minzac, Aquitaine, France - Peaceful Location But Within Easy Driving Distance Of Major Towns And Cities
Maison de la Ferme is a renovated farmhouse in a quiet and peaceful location with spacious living accommodation comprising of entrance hall, pool/sitting room, dining room and kitchen on the first floor; stairs lead up to a landing off which are 4 en-suite bedrooms. The private swimming pool is situated in a lawned and rose trellised garden. The historic and tranquil hill-top village of Villefranche de Lonchat is just 4 kms away with its two churches, museum, well stocked village shop, baker, chemist, two bars, a restaurant and a small hotel. It overlooks the less tranquil Lac de Gurcon - here one can swim from a sandy beach, hire a pedalo, play tennis, trampoline and visit several bars and restaurants. Other places locally to visit include St Emilion, Bergerac, Castillon La Bataille, Montpon-Menesterol and Ste Foy La Grande. Also the great centres of Bordeaux and Perigueux can both be reached within the hour.
About the Owner
Guestbook comments from the owner
Thanks v much for your speedy response. Our friends - the Davison Smiths have recommended you highly - I believe that they are returning later this month for the 3rd time. We would like to book the dates you have available (11th to 25th June) please & will send the booking form and deposit cheque to you as required. Can you please tell me which would be the nearest ferry port & also airport as one couple may fly over and just stay for one week so we would have to pick them up.
Just a line to say thank you for making our holiday so enjoyable. The farmhouse was fabulous and the food you put on was out of this world. We would recommend you to anybody.
Paul, Denise and family
Activity and Interests
The nearest beach is at the local Lac de Gurcon and is a sandy beach around a lake. Here one can swim, hire a pedalo, play tennis, trampoline and visit several bars and restaurants - 5km away.
The nearest ocean beach is the famous Archachon beach with its enormous sand dunes - 2 hours drive.
The two nearest airports are Bergerac (55 km) and Bordeaux (75 km) about one hour away. A car is essential because of the rurality of the property.
The channel ports are between 6 and 9 hours away depending on entry point in France. Detailed instructions on how to find the property will be sent to you on booking.
Villefranche de Lonchat (4km)- nearest village with boulangerie, general store, 2 bars and restaurant.
Castillon la Bataille (12km) - market town with shops and walks along the river
Bergerac (50km) - large market town with many shops and beautiful old town area near the river with many good restaurants.
Perigueux (60 km) - Nearest city with lovely old buildings and plenty of shops.
St Emilion (20km) - Beautiful Medieval city and the centre of the Bordeaux wine industry.
Brantome (65km) - The Venice of the Dordogne
There are a variety of supermarkets, banks and shops in the nearest towns of Castillon la Bataille and Montpon Menesterol, both of which are a 20 minute drive away.
Every year Castillon la Bataille holds a world famous reconstruction of the Hundred Years War by participating in the famous historical battle of Castillon in the beautiful region of Aquitaine in France(20 July to 17 August 2013). Performed on a natural arena encompassing 17 acres within firing range of the original battle ground, 800 volunteers, including 500 actors and 50 horseback riders re-enact the Battle of Castillon. The two captivating hours, filled with stunts, fireworks, special effects and explosive expertise give you the chance to have an unforgettable epic battle experience ending the 100 years war right in front of your eyes. Overall, be prepared for a eye witness spectacular account of a famous historical experience that will take you back hundreds of years. English through ear pieces are available.
The area has a good variety of restaurants where you can eat a 'Weekday Menu of the Day' for 13 euros and work your way up to Michelin starred restaurants - all within easy driving distance. All of the restaurants provide regional specialities such as duck, foie gras, fresh fruit and vegetables dishes and the 'more up market' ones often have dishes that include truffles!
St Emilion is a wonderful old and cobbled street city which is the centre of the Bordeaux wine industry. You can take a course in wine tasting, visit the wine museum and eat in its fabulous restaurants drinking its own wine or in the busy square below the church.
There are also many chateaux in this famous wine making region that give you the opportunity to taste their best beverages!
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
To book a holiday at Maison de la Ferme, please contact Jill Joiner by phone (00 33 (0) 5 53 80 72 13) or email (email@example.com) for availability. Jill will then send you an email with the Booking Form and Rental Terms and Conditions, complete the Booking Form and mail it with your deposit of 25% to Jill. A complimentary buffet (hot and cold) is provided as a welcome meal and we will also leave you a basic shop and a selection of local wines in a welcome pack.
Saturdays are changeover day with guests asked to leave by 10 am and new guests arriving not before 4 pm. There may be some flexibility in these times.
Notes on prices:
The prices include bed linen, towels and pool towels, central heating (when necessary), logs for the open fire, gas, electricity and water. Should guests require a change of linen during their stay, there is an additional charge of £25 per person.
Unusually, a security deposit to cover damage, breakages, etc is not asked for, therefore, we would ask you to look after Maison de la Ferme as though it was your own home.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
- Away From It All
- Farm Holidays
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Ping Pong Table
- Pool Table
- Satellite / Cable
- Video Library
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool
- children welcome
- pets considered
- smoking allowed
- wheelchair inaccessible
- autumn foliage
- live theatre
- recreation centre
- water parks
- winery tours
- bird watching
- horse riding
- outlet shopping
- paddle boating
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- fitness centre
- laundrette - serviced
- massage therapist
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- deepsea fishing
- equestrian events
- fly fishing
- freshwater fishing
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Toilet 1 - Toilet
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 2 - Shower Enclosure
- Bedroom 1 (Master bedroom) has an en-suite bathroom containing large bath, separate large shower unit, wash hand basin and wc. Bedrooms 2, 3 and 4 all have en-suite shower rooms each containing a shower cubicle, wc and wash hand basin.
- 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 8 (4 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 en-suite (5.72m x 6.20m) with king-sized bed Bedroom 2 en-suite (4.09m x 3m) with double bed Bedroom 2 en-suite (3.32m x 3.56m) with twin beds Bedroom 4 en-suite (5.19m x 2,13m with twin beds Note: sizes do not include ensuite measurements
- Golf ...
- 1 bicycles
- Notes on accommodation: The property, being a renovated farmhouse, has retained many original features, such as exposed stone walls, traditional tiled floors downstairs, exposed beams both upstairs and downstairs and original fireplaces. Outside: The half acre private garden is securely fenced and hedged and overlooks fields and woods. Wide steps lead up to a rose trellised garden with a 9m x 6m shaped swimming pool. The pool area is separately fenced and has ample pool furniture. There is parking immediately in front of the house with a car port to the side in which sits a full-sized table-tennis table. There is a covered veranda at the rear accessed from the dining/sitting room that looks out on to a totally private courtyard garden. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: The prices include bed linen, towels and pool towels, central heating (when necessary), logs for the open fire, gas, electricity and water. Should guests require a change of linen during their stay, there is an additional charge of £25 per person. Other: The large entrance hall with its black and white quarry tiled floor and downstairs wc/cloackroom leads into both the Pool Room and Dining/Sitting Room.