House in Priestcliffe, Nr Buxton, Derbyshire, England - Fabulous Views, Peaceful And Private Location, Luxurious Accommodation Including Woodburning Stove
Bottom O'The Tops sits in the middle of stunning scenery on the edge of the hamlet of Priestcliffe. You enter the barn into the large and modern dining kitchen. Built from oak, with granite work surfaces and a stone flagged floor, the kitchen is well equipped for your stay. There are doors into the utility room, cloakroom and a large storage cupboard, and a half-glazed stable door opens onto the stone flagged rear terrace where there is outdoor dining furniture. An oak staircase leads to the first floor where a bright and airy sitting room has wonderful views onto fields and hills. Chocolate leather sofas surround the Clearview woodburning stove, the floors are oak with comfortable rugs, and soft furnishings are high quality throughout. Doors leads onto the master bedroom with fully tiled en-suite shower room and second bedroom with en-suite family bathroom. Outside, there is plenty of off-road parking, and a barn is available, with heavy duty bike rack, for secure storage. We have been awarded a VisitEngland 2013/14 4* rating for self-catering accommodation and a Gold Award for exceptional quality of accommodation and customer service.
About the Owner
About Libby Knifton-Smith
In 1991 I moved to Derbyshire after marrying and have been delighted to remain here with my family ever since. I am fortunate enough to have a large garden and barn in the grounds of my home, and in February 2011 converted the beautiful barn at the bottom of the gardens into a holiday cottage.
Priestcliffe is a true hamlet, easily missed by the passing traveller, and the winding path down to the barn offers instant seclusion and peace.
Activity and Interests
Manchester International Airport is less than an hour away from Priestcliffe. From the railway station in Buxton (6 miles away) you can be in Manchester Piccadilly in an hour. Car parking costs £1 and is obtained as a voucher on purchase of a rail ticket. East Midlands Airport is an hour away, and the M1 and M6 motorways are approximately 40 minutes away. The closest bus stop is walkable in nearby Taddington.
Taddington is a short walk away from Priestcliffe. The picturesque village of Ashford-in-the-Water and its infamous general store is 5 miles down the hill. The market towns of Bakewell & Buxton are both approximately 6 miles away. The wonderful houses of Chatsworth & Haddon are a short drive away, Matlock is less than half an hour away. The cities of Manchester, Sheffield & Nottingham are all easily accessible - you can even experience the "white knuckle" rides of Alton Towers in 45 minutes!
There are good restaurants and characterful public houses close to hand in Ashford-in-the-Water, Baslow, Bakewell and Ashbourne to name just a few. Ibbotson's in Ashford is a wonderful local resource for the daily papers, excellent local produce or some of Ken's wonderful home-pickled onions. The nearest indoor pool is Bakewell or Buxton, or try the heated outdoor pool in Hathersage - currently enjoying its 75th anniversary.
Nearest post office is Ashford-in-the-Water; nearest petrol Morrison's at Buxton; nearest railway station Buxton; closest ATM Morrison's at Buxton; nearest public house serving food Taddington; supermarkets at Bakewell and Buxton; nearest public telephone and bus service is walkable in nearby Taddington.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
28 Oct 2017 - 15 Dec 2017
3 night minimum stay
for 3 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
*PLEASE CALL FOR 3/4/5 NIGHT BREAK PRICES*. Telephone and email reservations will be held for 7 days pending receipt of booking form and 25% deposit of the total charge. The booking will then be confirmed in writing. The full balance of the total amount is payable no later than 42 days before arrival date. Reminders will not be sent. Bookings made within 42 days of arrival must enclose full payment with the booking form.
Changeover for weekly bookings in peak times is Friday, however for 3 night breaks and at off-peak times, this can change. We will endeavour to be as flexible as possible so please ring to discuss. Arrival not before 4 pm and departure 10am please.
- Available arrival
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Satellite / Cable
- autumn foliage
- live theatre
- recreation centre
- bird watching
- horse riding
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Sports & Adventure Activities
- equestrian events
- fly fishing
- freshwater fishing
- mountain biking
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Toilet 1 - Toilet
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Ensuite shower room to master bedroom is fully tiled with WC, wash handbasin and ladder style heated towel rail. Ensuite bathroom to second bedroom is also fully tiled with bath, shower, WC, wash handbasin and heated ladder style towel rail.
- 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 7
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Description of sleeping capacity: One king-sized bed, 4 single beds and cot/Z bed Notes on bedrooms: The master bedroom has a king-sized bed, and additional single bed. The second family bedroom has 3 single beds. All beds are Warren Evans, with individually pocket-sprung mattresses. We have a travel cot/Z bed available for your use, if necessary.
- Golf ...
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: *2013/14 VisitEngland 4* Award for Self Catering Accommodation PLUS Gold Award for Exceptional Quality of Accommodation & Customer Service* We have a travel cot, high chair and Z bed for your use should you request these. Bedding can be supplied. On your arrival at the barn, a fire will be laid, and an initial basket of logs, kindling and lighting materials will be supplied. Further logs can be purchased from the owner at a small price. Two toilet rolls will be supplied for each bathroom, and all cleaning materials are provided. The kitchen is stocked with tea, coffee, milk and sugar and a small selection of holiday necessities! Please note that Bottom O'The Tops is a strictly non smoking property. Outside: There is a large area to the side of the barn for parking for several vehicles. A flagstoned path runs around the whole of the barn. There is a stone terrace, with a retaining dry stone wall at the rear of the property, overlooking the fields, accessed via a stable door from the kitchen. There is outdoor dining furniture on this terrace, with parasol and deckchairs when required. A five barred gate separates the owners' garden from the barn area - guests are welcome to use the garden to picnic, play or just relax in. You will find the barbecue in the lockable barn, along with heavy duty bike rack. There is an outside tap and outdoor lighting. Many footpaths and tracks lead off in different directions from the door. Utility Room: There is a stainless steel sink, iron and ironing board. The washer/dryer is in here with a useful storage cupboard under the stairs containing bucket and mop. Cupboards above and below the sink house many other holiday essentials! Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: All bed linen is included and is of a very high quality. Bath towel, hand towel and flannel provided for each guest. Bath and shower mats, tea towels and napkins are provided. If your stay is longer than a week, bedding will be changed if requested. Other: There is a large storage cupboard off the kitchen containing vacuum cleaner, sweeping brush, clothes airer, umbrella, big map and numerous coat hooks. There is a secure barn outside for bike storage and barbecue equipment. Outside tap. Outside lighting.