a wide selection of different accomodations from 2 to 5 bedrooms
Our properties are situated in Camporsevoli, halfway between the renowned towns of Cetona and San Casciano dei Bagni. Camporsevoli is a private hamlet owned exclusively by the Grossi family. In the family now for several centuries, they personally manage the estate. It's situated on the top of a hill overlooking the Val di Chiana, on the southernmost tip of Tuscany on the border with Umbria and Lazio. Surrounded by woods, this is the perfect location for a relaxing holiday beside the pool, or in its private garden, talking walks/hikes around the private estate as well as a starting point to visit the many fascinating art cities in the immediate surroundings.
Details for holiday farmhouse Casa del Neri, 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8, 4 Bathrooms
2 bedrooms with twin beds, 1 bedroom with double beds, 1 bedroom which can be twin or double. 1 extra folding bed is available and baby beds are available, at no extra cost. each bedroom has its own bathroom: 2 bathrooms are en suite with the bedrooms and the other 2 bathrooms are right beside the rooms they "belong" to. 3 bathrooms have showers, 1 has a bathtub. All have WC, bidet and a sink. The comfortable kitchen has a stove with 4 gas burners, an electric oven, microwave, dish washer, fridge, electric american coffee machine, electric toaster. The utility room holds the washing machine, ironing board + iron and stow-away BBQ. Dining room is on the first floor, with direct outside access via a stair, beside the kitchen, and has an open fireplace
The living room is on the ground floor, with direct access to the outdoors space, with wet bar, sofa, satellite TV and fireplace.
About the Owner
Hello, my family has owned Camporsevoli for a long time and it has always been a place where our family meets for holidays and where we spend time with our friends. We welcome families and groups of friends alike, doing our best to make them feel at home while introducing them to a new experience. We are bilingual in English and Italian, and speak French and Spanish. I am in charge of managing the properties we rent and - while I live in Florence - spend a lot of time in Camporsevoli during holidays with my husband and daughters, who provide on site entertainment for our young visitors, making many friends from all over the world !
From the Owner
“I realize that what with Camporsevoli being our family home, we might run the risk of being slightly biased on our unconditional love for it ! That said, I think that it's fair to say that its location is ideal both for relaxing holidays by the pool, taking walks and an overall easier pace as well as dedicating full time to cultural sightseeing. Personally I think that a combination of the two is perfect. There is a lot to see, and which is very interesting and fun, in the immediate surroundings which gives visitors the possibility of spending time out and about but still returning home to relax and make the most of being in Camporsevoli.”
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
We provide cookery courses on the property, held by the owners at their own residence or in the rental house. Special events and celebrations can be arranged in the hamlet, a reception room is available in the owner's villa. Wine seminars and yoga meetings can also be arranged on the estate.
beaches are not a major feature of the area and are at least 2 and half hours away (along the southern coast of Tuscany)
Closest airport is Perugia, 45 / 60 mins away, connected by lo cost airlines to many european destinations
Florence and Rome are 1 hr 45 mins away and Pisa 2 and half hours
Car hire is essential: it can be arranged at the airport of arrival or in the nearby town of Chiusi, connected to Florence and Rome via easy and fast trains.
Piazze, 3 km
Cetona, San Casciano dei Bagni, Sarteano, 8 km
Chiusi 15 km
Montepulciano, Chianciano, Pienza: 45 mins drive
Assisi, Perugia, Orvieto, Arezzo, Montalcino: 1 hr drive
Siena: 1 hr 15 mins
Rome, Florence: 1 hr 45 mins by car or train from the nearby station of Chiusi
Bed, bath, pool, kitchen linen are included and changed once a week in case of rentals over 7 days, for 1 week rentals extra linen changes are available upon request. A cleaner comes at Casa del Neri once a week for 3 hours and at Il Cipresso twice a week for 3 horus, included in the rental fee, extra hours on demand available.
The closest village, Le Piazze, is 3 km away and holds all necessary services: 3 restaurants (incl a pizzeria), post office, bank, catholic church, pharmacy. The local Coop grocery store, while not huge, carries any basic thing one might need from soaps and similar domestic staples to fruit and vegetables. Piazze boasts one of the best butchers in southern Tuscany !
Cetona and San Casciano dei Bagni are splendid larger villages, with restaurants and more stores, some of which quite unique. San Casciano holds one of the most famous Spa centers, the Centro Termale Fonteverde.
Tennis, horseback riding, pottery, hiking are all available in the immediate surroundings of Camporsevoli, whereas rafting and lake-sailing are about 1 half hours away.
Chiusi is the larger center in the area, with a big city-like supermarket and any other store one might need. It also has a fascinating museum dedicated to its Etruscan heritage, which includes visits to tombs and excavations.
Chianciano has the largest nearest hospital, with all assistance provided. Locations such as Assisi, Perugia, Siena, Arezzo, Montalcino, Montepulciano are all easy day outings.
- Booking Notes:
we will be happy to keep an option on for free for 2 or 3 days, to give time to think about plans. We will then require a 30% deposit at the time of booking and final balance 3 months before arrival. Cancellation policies apply.
changeover day is Saturday, but can be flexbile according to availabilty with check out by 10am and check in between 4 and 6pm. Different times can be agreed to upon request and depend on season/previous bookings.
Notes on prices:
discounts for multiple week, last minute, low season bookings apply
We are happy to host larger groups using both houses, please enquire for special price for this option.
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“Camporsevoli offers the unique experience of living in one's own private hamlet. There are many villas for rent in Tuscany, and overall Italy, but I think few offer this experience. The multiple properties available can provide the opportunity for larger groups to spend time together while maintaining some private time for each group. Also all our houses are restored keeping this in mind: multiple groups of families or friends can rent the same house (the larger ones, of course!) and still have some private space if need be. We, the owners, are on site most of the time (if not on site, on call!) and provide 24/7 assitance. We try to spend some time with all our guests, having drinks together or time by the pool when this is shared. This has created more than one long lasting friendship !”
Pool / Spa
- Outdoor Pool
- pets considered
- autumn foliage
- winery tours
- bird watching
- eco tourism
- horse riding
- scenic drives
Local Services & Businesses
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 3 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 4 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Golf ...
- Notes on accommodation: Bedrooms are welcoming and well furnished. Each bedroom has bedside tables with lamps, standing fans, and most have walk through closets. Each one is different from the others, some with painted walls, others decorated by stencils. The rooms have been furnished using a mixture of antique furniture owned by the family as well as some more practical and modern elements, bought exclusively for the house and regularly replaced, such as beds and mattresses. The structure of all houses make them an ideal house for larger groups of friends or families with children: in the two larger houses each can have its bedrooms on the same floor and not disturb each other, otherwise different families or friends can use the two apartments. Outside: Villa Il Cipresso is surrounded by a lovely garden with rose flower beds and green hedges. While it's not remotely set away from the road, it is totally fenced in and the road is a dirt road used only by those staying in Camprosevoli thus safe and quiet. The outdoor area is furnished with a dining table and lounge chairs, barbecue and wood burning pizza oven. The pool (10mx4m, 150 cm deep) is in a separate section of the garden, fenced off for children safety. It has a built shaded area, lounge chairs and breathtaking view over the valley and hills in front. Casa del Neri is inside the small village of Camporsevoli and has a private area behind the house, away from possible visitors in the village, where lounge chairs and a table with a umbrella are available to enjoy the outdoors. We provide a barbecue. The pool is a short walk away along a lovely tree lined path, perfectly safe for children. Casa del prete and il Fattore share an outdoors space behind the building, thus privat