Villa in Olargues. Walking, Canoeing, Golf, Riding, Cycling, Swimming In Lakes.
Sleeps 8-12. Five bedroom family villa, with private pool, situated in the hills overlooking the medieval village of Olargues (listed amongst “les plus beaux villages de France”.) It is perfect for people who want sun, peace and rural France. This spacious, south-facing villa was built in 2000 in sloping grounds with trees for shade and emphasis on rustic isolation. There is terrace around the villa with a shaded area for eating out and steps down to a gated pool, safe for children. The village is a 20 minutes walk in the lanes across the fields (or 5 minutes in the car) and has excellent bakers, a butcher and grocery store as well as two cafes, two restaurants, takeaway pizza, regular markets, and bike hire. Locally there is canoeing, spectacular walking, and swimming in rivers and lakes. Trout farm 15 mins drive. Vineyards and wine tasting throughout the area. Further afield Beziers, Montpellier, Carcasonne and Toulouse are all comfortable day trips.
PLEASE NOTE THAT CHANGEOVER DAY IS FRIDAY. PRICES QUOTED ARE FOR UP TO 8 PEOPLE. WE ACCEPT UP TO 12 GUESTS AT AN EXTRA COST OF €75 PER PERSON PER WEEK.
About the Owner
We (the Isard and Schneider families) bought the property in 1990 having holidayed in this lovely area of France many times. We fell in love with the view and the village, and gradually rebuilt the villa and pool to contain our growing families. We have had many wonderful family holidays at Madigne with our children, and with friends and family over the years. In the last few years we have started to let the house, and wish you the same very special holiday times as we have enjoyed. Our friend and business partner Jean-Paul Molieres looks after the house for us and manages the whole letting process from responding to enquiries, welcoming new guests and handling the rental administration. He lives nearby and has known the village and the region all his life.
Guestbook comments from the owner
The area is the most beautiful we have stayed in, in the whole of France and Olargues one of the most charming.
The photos and description for Madigne and pool were perfect. It was very comfortable, plenty of bathrooms and room for everyone.
We had a fantastic holiday in Madigne and would definitely book again.
Here is a link to a slideshow made by clients in 2012 during their holiday at Madigne:
Judge for yourself how much fun they had!
Activity and Interests
Nearest beach is one hour's drive to Valras Plage.
River and gorge swimming 10 minutes drive at Gorge d'Heric.
Canoeing at Tarassac (15) or Roquebrun (25 mins).
Nearest airport is Beziers - 1 hour's drive with flights from Luton, Bristol, Manchester, Birmingham and Southampton. Other airports with flights from the rest of the UK including London are Carcasonne (1.5 hours drive), Montpellier (1.75 hours), Toulouse (2 hours). Train stations at Bedarieux, (20 mins drive), Montpellier, Beziers and Narbonne. Access to car essential.
Olargues village is five minutes drive with cafes, restaurants, shops, tennis courts and a tourist office.
Local weekly markets in Olargues itself, Mons (10 minutes drive) and St Pons (15 minutes drive). Large supermarkets in St Pons (15 minutes) and Herepian (20 minutes.)
Atm facilities in Olargues. Local information supplied (eg restaurants, vineyards, places to visit.). Rockclimbing can be arranged at the tourist office in Olargues. Bike hire can be arranged in Olargues. Canoeing in Tarassac can be pre-booked by phone or in person.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
30 Sep 2016 - 29 Dec 2016
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£336|
Non refundable deposit required to secure booking. Payment in euro for deposit and balance. Separate refundable security charge of £300 held until after the holiday against damage or breakages. Cleaning and laundry charge taken from this security charge after your stay (usually between 120 and 180 euro depending on how many hours are spent cleaning and whether beds are made up).
Friday in high season. Lettings of less than one week accepted when not in high season.
Notes on prices:
Price advertised is for a party of 8 or fewer. Additional guests are charged €75 per person per week up to a party maximum of 12.
Lower rates and shorter stays for smaller parties are offered outside high season.
Refer to booking notes for payment details.
25% non refundable deposit to secure the property. Balance due 6 weeks before arrival. Security/breakages deposit of £300 payable six weeks before arrival. Cleaning charge taken out of this deposit and the rest returned after the stay.
- Available arrival
- Away From It All
- Air Conditioning ...
- Internet ...
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided ...
- Living Room ...
- Parking ...
- Towels Provided ...
- Tumble Dryer ...
- Washing Machine ...
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Dishwasher ...
- Kitchen ...
- Pantry Items
- Refrigerator ...
- Child's Highchair
- Dining ...
- Dining Area
- Books ...
- DVD Player
- Games ...
- Ping Pong Table
- Satellite / Cable ...
- Television ...
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool ...
- Long-term Renters Welcome
- children welcome
- pets considered ...
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- wheelchair accessible ...
- autumn foliage
- horse riding
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- mountain biking
- whitewater rafting
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 2 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 3 - Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 1 upstairs wc, shower with double basin, opposite Bedroom 1. Bathroom 2 ground floor with bath/shower attachment and double basin. Bathroom 3 ground floor shower. Bathroom 4 en-suite, bath, shower, wc basin.
- 5 Bedrooms, Sleeps 12
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Bedroom 5
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 8-12 (5 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 upstairs with king size bed and air conditioning. Bedroom 2 double with French windows to terrace. Bedroom 3 double with French windows to terrace. Bedroom 4 twin with ensuite bathroom. Bedroom 5 dormitory with 3 bunk beds and air conditioning.
- Bicycles ...
- Terrace ...
- Golf ...
- Kayak / Canoe ...
- Garden ...
- Veranda ...
- Tennis ...
- Notes on accommodation: Lower rates for smaller parties of guests. Pets accepted. Suitable for children though there is no gate across the stairs to first floor. Outside: Access to the villa from the main road is via a discrete private track. This is very steep and unmade, including a sharp hair-pin bend - it would not be suitable for a low-slung sports car but is fine with family cars and you don't need 4 x 4. The track leads to an extensive car parking area. The main terrace is along the front and sides of the house, with an outside dining table and chairs in a covered area for shade. Alternatively, sit under the magnificent mediterranean pine tree. Moveable Barbecue. Lower terrace surrounding gated pool. Outdoor furniture and sun loungers. The garden is planted with lavender bushes fruit trees and other flowering mediterranean shrubs, but otherwise the surrounding area is rugged and unspoilt. Outstanding panoramic views from villa and private pool (10 x 5m). Utility Room: Two washing machines and second fridge with freezer compartment. Tumble drier Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: All towels (including pool towels) and linen provided. Change of towels and additional housekeeping available upon request. Beds can be made up if requested.