10 bedroom villa in Tuscany in a beautiful setting in the hills of Tuscany, with views of Siena and within an hour of Florence
This is a large 10 bedroom villa set over three floors and located at the end of a cypress lined avenue within secluded parkland in the hills of Tuscany. Built in the eighteenth century, the villa is furnished in a style in keeping with the era and has many original historical features. Outside, there are wonderful gardens and a swimming pool. A stay here gives guests the chance to spend a few days or weeks in a wonderfully historic property, renowned among historians all over the world. On the ground floor there is an elegant drawing room, formerly a ballroom, whose vaulted ceiling and walls are covered with incredible 'trompe l'oeuil' paintings of exotic birds, flowers and plants, whilst the walls are wood panelled. The furniture ranges from antique (18th century) to 20th century. Two large French doors open into the parkland, an open space to sit and relax under the Tuscan sun. The ground floor also comprises a junior suite for two people with large windows.
About the Owner
I am a mother with 2 children, age 9 & 12 and a very busy husband! I gave up work with Procter and Gamble 9 years ago to spend time at home with the children. I have loved being able to spend so much time with them. However, with both children now at school, I was keen to start working again. I initially enjoyed managing two of our own holiday properties in the Italian Lakes which we bought in 2008 and 2009 following our first visit to the area in 2007. However, I have now started to manage holiday homes for others, not just in the Italian Lakes, but elsewhere in Italy through my website - I carefully select each property and ensure that I maintain that personal but professional service level that I believe holidaymakers are looking for.
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
There are a wealth of activities to enjoy during your stay whether it's wine tasting and a tour of a local vineyard or a trip to the olive groves and olive oil tasting. Guided tours (from tours of Florence or Siena to tours of the outlet malls) can also be arranged as can cookery courses of various lengths to suit your party. Please ask for more details or let me know if you have any specific requests.
The best beaches if you fancy a day at the seaside during your stay are at Follonica which is 60 kilometres away and at Castiglione della Pescaia, 80 kilometres away.
The nearest airport is in Florence and is approximately 70 km away. It is also possible to fly into Pisa or Perugia. The transfer time from Perugia is about 90 minutes and from Pisa approximately 2 hours. Car hire is essential if you are to make the most of your stay at the villa. Transport to the property can be arranged if required.
The nearest town of Corsano is juts a kilometre away from the property. The location is also perfect for visiting some of the larger cities within Tuscany - Siena, for example, is 12 km away and Florence 65 km. It's also only a 2 hour drive to cities such as Pisa and Lucca, whilst Arezzo is only an hour away. Due to the location of the villa, it is also possible to explore parts of Umbria too - Perugia is 90 minutes away.
The ground floor comprises a kitchen, dining hall, TV / card room, junior suite with large windows overlooking the park and bathroom with hand-made tiles from Amalfi. A gallery of paintings leads to an old stairway going up to the first floor. The 5 bedrooms located on this floor, all characterized by tall windows, have high ceilings and plenty of light. With views of Siena in the distance, and their antique furniture, all the bedrooms have unique features. The first one is famous for its frescoes representing the "Cantico delle Creature" di San Francesco, painted by Dario Neri. This double bedroom has an en-suite bathroom with shower. Further along the gallery, the master bedroom boasts a magnificent Murano glass chandelier, frescoes of angels on the ceiling and a magnificent 17th century Siennese painting. Its en-suite bathroom has a bathtub. A third bedroom has three single four-poster beds, and an en-suite bathroom with shower. The fourth bedroom has two single beds and an open free-standing antique bathtub and sink inside the room. The final bedroom on this floor has a double bed, with a television and a small kitchenette. A bathroom with shower is shared between these last two rooms. On the second floor are a further four bedrooms, set in a more rustic ambience than the floor below. A double bedroom with its terra cotta floors and wooden beamed ceilings has spectacular views of distant Siena. Its bathroom with shower is on the other side of the corridor. The next bedroom has a queen-sized bed, and a new en-suite bathroom with shower. A third bedroom has two twin beds and an en-suite bathroom with shower. A fully-equipped and colourful kitchen with washing machine separates the third and fourth bedrooms. This fourth bedroom has a charming low-beamed ceiling, two twin beds, television and en-suite bathroom with shower and tub, featuring painted 'trompe l'oeuil' tiles.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
1 Oct 2016 - 16 Dec 2016
3 night minimum stay
for 3 nights
17 Dec 2016 - 6 Jan 2017
5 night minimum stay
for 5 nights
My Standard Rate
3 night minimum stay
for 3 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£267|
We try to be as flexible as possible on changeover days to accommodate the needs of our guests, however, during peak weeks, this can be difficult.
Notes on prices:
Prices include linen and towels and a 3 hour daily maid service. WIFI internet is also included in the price. For an additional cost, we can provide additional staff such as a cook or butler, organise airport transfers, cookery lessons, cook a welcome dinner, or conduct guided tours of Florence, Siena, the Chianti region and other attractive venues with a private guide and driver. A telephone can also be provided but is an additional charge.
A 30% deposit is required on booking to reserve the dates. The balance of rental payment is due 9 weeks before arrival. Payment can be made in either GBP or euros. Payment is possible via credit or debit card, PayPal, direct bank transfer or cheque.
Manager's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
- Away From It All
- Tourist Attractions
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Kitchen ...
- Dining Area
- Table Football
- Game Room ...
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- wheelchair inaccessible
- winery tours
- outlet shopping
- scenic drives
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 3 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 4 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 5 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 6 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- There is a ground floor bathroom with hand-made tiles from Amalfi. There are 3 further bathrooms on the 1st floor and 4 on the 2nd floor. 6 of the bathrooms are ensuite. Five of the bathrooms have showers whilst the other two have baths.
- 10 Bedrooms, Sleeps 20
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Bedroom 5
- Bedroom 6
- Bedroom 7
- Bedroom 8
- Bedroom 9
- Bedroom 10
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 20 (10 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: There is 1 bedroom on the ground floor, 5 bedrooms on the first floor and 4 on the second floor. Six are double bedrooms, three are twin rooms and one is a triple room.
- Golf ...
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: A stay here gives guests the chance to spend a few days or weeks in a wonderfully historic property, renowned among historians all over the world. One bedroom, for example, is famous for its frescoes representing the "Cantico delle Creature" di San Francesco, painted by Dario Neri whilst the dining hall features a magnificent 'sit in' fireplace, supposedly the largest in Tuscany and one of the bedrooms houses a Murano glass chandelier. Whilst the property is well maintained, guests need to be aware that the historic importance of the property means it's not full of crisp, clean lines! This is an old, characterful property! Outside: Outside, the property is surrounded by beautiful parkland. Guests enjoy use of a private swimming pool (14 x 7 metres). The pool is open from June to September each year (weather dependent). It is not heated. There is a BBQ for al fresco dining and plenty of seating areas to relax and enjoy an aperitif or evening meal together. As well as the gardens surrounding the property, there is also a beautiful internal courtyard which is accessed from outside the dining hall. This courtyard has its own well and a covered area or loggia, and can be used for outdoor dining in fine weather. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Rates include linen and towels. Daily maid service of 3 hours per day is also included. Bed and bath linen is changed weekly. A villa manager, gardener and pool cleaner are also on hand if required. Other: The majestic dining hall boasts what is said to be the largest sit-in fireplace in Tuscany. It also houses a 16th century Siennese marble sink. The tables seat up to 20, and the impression is one of dining in a large medieval banqueting hall.