4 Bedroom Finca in Rural Setting with Stunning Views ideal for nature and animal lovers.
Our two storey rustic style villa set in 20000m2 of land is ideal for a quiet holiday yet only 20 minutes from Marbella and jet set Puerto Banus with all its shops and nightlife. Numerous golf courses within a 30 minute drive. Monda is steeped in history with its narrow Moorish streets and Castle dating back to the 10th Century.Our finca is surrounded by olive groves with the stunning scenery of the Natural Park the Sierra de las Nieves behind us and views to the Sierra Nevada from our terrace. Ideal for nature lovers and horse riders. If you like sight-seeing then Ronda, Antequera, Granada, the Lakes at El Chorro, Gibraltar are all worth seeing and easily accessible from Monda.
About the Owner
About Susanne Platt
Susanne and Malcolm have lived in Spain for 30 yrs - met over here and been married for 29 yrs. We were both tour guides so know what holiday vacations are all about and do our best to ensure that all our guests have a wonderful time. Sue then worked for a rental property management company then got back into horses and opened an equestrian centre here in Monda.
Susanne Platt purchased this villa in 1991
Why Susanne Platt chose Guadalhorce (Costa del Sol)
We had lived in Marbella for 14 yrs but with all the building there was no longer anywhere to ride our horses. Some friends had bought a house in the village of Monda so we came to have a look and fell in love with this quaint village, the friendly locals and the stunning scenery. So we bought an olive grove and bit by bit built our dream home. Now with the new road from Marbella to Monda its only a 15 minute drive to the coast so we have the best of both worlds.
What makes this villa unique
If you just want to chill out then this is the perfect place to do it. We have had the odd guest who went to the hipermarket the first day and then never left the pool for the remainder of their stay!
But if you are adventurous and like walking, horseriding, sightseeing then you have it all here.
From the Owner
“We had lived in Marbella for 14 yrs but with all the building there was no longer anywhere to ride our horses. Some friends had bought a house in the village of Monda so we came to have a look and fell in love with this quaint village, the friendly locals and the stunning scenery. So we bought an olive grove and bit by bit built our dream home. Now with the new road from Marbella to Monda its only a 15 minute drive to the coast so we have the best of both worlds.”
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
We have an equestrian centre so anyone wanting to do some horse riding we offer a 20% discount on the riding.
Marbella with its sandy beaches is a 15 minute drive from Monda or 17 kms.
Malaga Airport is the nearest just under an 40minutes drive away from Monda.
If you want to get around then I would suggest hiring a car as its a 10 minute walk into the village from our villa and the main shopping area of Marbella is a 15 minute drive or nearest town of Coin a 10 minute drive away.
Ronda with its famous Tajo-bridge across the gorge and oldest bullring in Spain is 1.5hrs drive from Monda. El Chorro and the Lakes 1hr drive away. Granada with the famous Alhambra Palace , Patio of Lions and Generalife Gardens and where everyone goes to ski in the winter is a 2hr drive away. The Rock of Gibraltar steeped in British history is 1 hr drive away.
Monda has 2 banks, supermarket and numerous tapas bars and a couple of good restaurants plus an olive mill where you can buy the local pure olive oil.
However Marbella is much better for shopping with La Canada which is a large commercial centre and hypermarket plus lots of smaller shops and restaurants.On Monday morning it has a local flea market selling all sorts of goods at very competitive prices. Coin in the other direction is only 10 minutes drive away and has 3 good large supermarkets sellilng fresh meat and fish and open all day. Also a variety of restaurants from Spanish to international cuisine, Thai, Chinese, Indian. Well being Yoga centre just outside Monda for relaxation.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event Price|
My Standard Rate
3 night minimum stay
for 3 nights
* Approximate monthly price. Actual pricing will depend on the days of the month you stay.
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
We ask for a 25% deposit to confirm your reservation with the balance to be paid 2 weeks prior to arrival.
Flexible changeover day.
Notes on prices:
Payment to be made in sterling either by bank transfer or sterling cheque.
25% deposit to secure booking and balance to be paid 2 weeks before arrival.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
From the Owner
“If you just want to chill out then this is the perfect place to do it. We have had the odd guest who went to the hipermarket the first day and then never left the pool for the remainder of their stay! But if you are adventurous and like walking, horseriding, sightseeing then you have it all here.”
- Air Conditioning ...
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
- Satellite / Cable ...
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool ...
- children welcome
- pets not allowed ...
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- wheelchair accessible ...
- bird watching
- horse riding
- outlet shopping
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- fitness centre
- massage therapist
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- equestrian events
- mountain biking
- mountain climbing
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 3 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- En-suite bathroom to bedroom 1 with metre corner bath, shower attachment, double wash basins, bidet, toilet. En-suite bathroom to bedroom 2 with bath, shower attachment, bidet,toilet. Shared bathroom for bedrooms 3+4 with bath,shower attachment bidet,toil
- 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 10
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 8/10 (4 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 king size bed. Bedroom 2 king size bed. Bedroom 3 super king bed (can be split into 2 single beds). Bedroom 4 twin beds. Sofa bed in lounge.
- Golf ...
- Garden ...
- Barbecue ...
- Ski & Snowboard ...
- Notes on accommodation: No pets allowed as we live on site and have dogs, cats and horses. If you are a smoker, please smoke outside. Outside: Private floodlit pool 8m x 4m walk-in at one end and ladder at the deep end. Built-in barbecue with sink. Large terrace around the pool with sun loungers and tables and chairs for dining al fresco. Fabulous covered terrace with tables and chairs for when you have had too much sun. Great views from the terraces. Utility Room: Cupboard with ironing board and iron, mop bucket, brushes,etc. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Bed linen and towels plus separate towels for the pool are all included. Cleaning and change of bed linen once a week is included in the price.i.e. if you are renting for two weeks you will get cleaning and change of bed linen half way through your stay. Other: The master bedroom - bedroom 1 -has its own TV and digibox .