Farmhouse in Dottery, Nr. Bridport, Dorset, England - Peaceful Location, 10 Minute Drive To The Nearest Beaches
Our changeover days are Mondays and Fridays. Please contact us directly for Midweek and Weekend prices. Our minimum stay is 3 nights over the weekend or 4 nights during the week.
Bilshay Farmhouse is a beautiful thatched farmhouse set in a rural location, yet only a short distance from the market town of Bridport and the Jurassic Coast. It has been refurbished to luxury accommodation with plenty of character. Bilshay Farmhouse has a large garden with hot tub and games room and one of the most spectacular views in Dorset!
About the Owner
Symondsbury Estate is a family run business. The luxury holiday cottages are set in the outstanding natural beauty within The Symondsbury Estate and The Jurassic coast.
Guestbook comments from the owner
What a fantastic time we have had in your beautiful home. We couldn't have asked for a nicer place in such a perfect area. We have had some sunny weather which allowed a trip to the beach followed by a bbq here, not forgetting the popular hot tub. We will definitely come back again and will tell our friends about our find! Thank you.
Thank you for a superb long weekend. We have all had the best time ever in the most beautiful, comfortable Bilshay Farmhouse. Peace, tranquility and fantastic views and lovely dog walking. We could not have asked for a nicer place in such a perfect area. The hot tub has been put to very good use, we saw deer from the hot tub and Mr Fox! Sad to be heading home, thank you for a lovely, comfortable stay. One of the best holiday homes we have ever stayed in.
From the Owner
“Symondsbury Estate has been owned by the Colfox Family since the early 1900's.”
Activity and Interests
The Jurassic Coast is a 10 minute drive away with beautiful beaches and cliff top walks including West Bay, Eype Beach, Burton Bradstock and Seatown. There is plenty of fossil hunting and dogs are welcome on Eype Beach all year round.
Lyme Regis beach is the only sandy beach in the area, the sand was bought over from France! and is approximately a 15 minute drive away.
Exeter Airport 50 minute drive. Bournemouth Airport 1 hour drive away and Bristol Airport approximately 1 hr 45 minutes drive.
Bilshay Farmhouse is about 3 miles away from the market town of Bridport with markets on both Wednesday and Saturday.
Its also about 2 miles from Symondsbury Village with a local pub, school and church and the local landmark Colmers Hill is definitely worth a walk to the top to see the spectacular views.
Bridport Market Town is 3 miles away with markets on both Wednesday and Saturday and a Vintage market on Sunday.
For all Mountain Bike enthusiasts, we are building a trail and skills area/bike park around The Estate for our guests to use, available from the end of June 2013 for all ages and abilities.
Bridport is a bustling market town which holds a street market every Wednesday and Saturday, you will find the pavements lined with stall holders selling everything from local produce, to bric-a -brac. Bridport is very much a 'foodie' heaven with fantastic restaurants, bistros and tea rooms. There are plenty of artists studios to visit and small galleries.
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
We require a 25% deposit to secure the booking, the balance is due 8 weeks before your stay. Bookings can be made via meal or telephone at present. Payments can be made via debit/credit card, BACS or cheque.
Our changeover day is Friday, out of season we are flexible and offer weekend breaks and mid week breaks.
Notes on prices:
For a weekend or midweek break price please enquire on 01308 424116.
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“All our properties offer a peaceful location, privacy and comfort. There are many woodland and coastal path walks. We have also created a mountain bike & walking trail that meanders throughout the estate and a skills park.”
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- children welcome
- pets considered
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 2 - Shower Enclosure
- Downstairs wc, family bathroom on the first floor with free standing bath and separate shower, and 2 en-suite shower rooms.
- 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 10
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 10 (4 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: All our beds are zip & link beds, making it easy to suit individual requirements.With 4 large bedrooms, 2 doubles and 2 with 3 beds. 2 ensuite shower rooms and a superbly equipped main bathroom. We also can provide a Z bed & Cot.
- Golf ...
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: Ideal for families, friends and couples, whatever the weather. Light airy rooms but cosy and warm in the winter months. Outside: There is a large garden with stunning views of the surrounding countryside, brand new hot tub and large patio for outside dining. There is also a games room with pool table. There are 2 stables to rent if you wanted to bring your own horse. Plenty of parking. Utility Room: Freezer, washing machine & tumble dryer. Hooks for coats and plenty of room for shoes & boots. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: We provide crisp white linen for all the beds, hand and bath towels are provided, also dressing gowns. Linen for the cot and z bed are not supplied. The cottage is cleaned and the linen is changed after every booking on our change over day, Friday. Other: There is a large area downstairs with flag stone floors for coats, boots, wet dogs etc. Outside is a courtyard area where one of the stables has been converted into a games room. There are 2 stables available to rent at an extra cost for your horse.