Apartment in Kalkan, Antalya, Turkey - Duplex Apartment With Horizon Pool Looking Out Over Kalkan Bay. 15 Mins Walk To Town Beach & Harbour
Our front most property is one of just 8 units each of 3 apartments built on a mountainside olive grove, the top apartment of each being a 2 floor duplex. This positioning means no further properties can be built in front of us & therefore affords uninterrupted panoramic views of the whole of kalkan bay, the peninsulars & mouse & snake islands. The harbour can also be seen from both the sitting room & sun terrace. The apartment is accessed at ground level with parking directly outside the front door. The only steps to negotiate are those leading down to the pool & gardens & the 2 lower apartments. The thursday market - a must for all visitors - is located between the "silver" mosque & the Jandarma & again takes about 10 minutes to walk. The town beach is shingle but there is the 16km patara sandy beach taxis & dolmus mini-buses take you there in 20 minutes. Similarly Kapitas beach's golden sand made up of crushed sea shells & with its turquoise water is well worth a visit.
About the Owner
About Ian Porter
Our names are Ian & Angela Porter. I am retired from my food business in 2008 but my wife continues with her own business being somewhat younger than myself. We live in a very old timber framed listed cottage which is quite a contrast to our comparatively modern property in Kalkan. Our intention is to come out to Kalkan for longer periods if Angela's business will allow.
We & hundreds of other people just love Kalkan & hope you will become addicted too.
Ian Porter purchased this apartment in 2001
Why Ian Porter chose Lycian & Turquoise Coast
We bought the apartment off plan in 2001. Whilst having a coffee at the Merkez cafe we were persuaded by friends to walk across the street to have a look at some plans in the architect's office oposite never intending to buy any property. In fact we had several times questioned how anyone could keep coming back to the same place 9 times in succession as our friends had done ! The next day we were looking at a possible site in an olive grove on the side of a mountain ! Once we had seen that fantastic view the rest as they say is history! Since that date we too have returned twice a year for 10 years. We have furnished the apartment to our own tastes with just 2 lets during that period. We just love the picturesque town, its people & countryside, the food & the whole atmosphere of Kalkan.
What makes this apartment unique
We just like to relax in the garden by the pool or take the short walk into town to eat or shop. The 8 Units of Begonvil each with 3 apartments are spaced well apart all with uninterupted views rather than many other developments that are squeezed together one looking onto the back or roof of the other. We can drive right up to our front door & walk straight into our sitting room & kitchen. We have made many friends amongst the other owners in Begonvil & look forward to seeing them each summer.
Guestbook comments from the owner
Guestbook comments from the owner
This property doesn't have any reviews yet!
From the Owner
“We bought the apartment off plan in 2001. Whilst having a coffee at the Merkez cafe we were persuaded by friends to walk across the street to have a look at some plans in the architect's office oposite never intending to buy any property. In fact we had several times questioned how anyone could keep coming back to the same place 9 times in succession as our friends had done ! The next day we were looking at a possible site in an olive grove on the side of a mountain ! Once we had seen that fantastic view the rest as they say is history! Since that date we too have returned twice a year for 10 years. We have furnished the apartment to our own tastes with just 2 lets during that period. We just love the picturesque town, its people & countryside, the food & the whole atmosphere of Kalkan.”
Activity and Interests
15 minutes walking to town shingle beach. 5 minutes by car.
20 minutes by car/taxi & 25 minutes by Dolmus to Patara sandy beach.
20 minutes by car/taxi to Kapitas golden sea shell beach.(it is also one of the swimming stops for the day boat trips.) Access is by way of 100 ? steps down from the road but well worth the effort.
10 minutes to Palm beach & other beach clubs by launch from harbour.
Transfer from Dalaman airport to Kalkan takes one & a half hours by car or private mini bus. Car hire (which is available from the airport or Kalkan itself) is not essential but adds to the holiday. It enables you to take trips to other towns such as Kas or inland to villages & places not on the tourist routes. The 26 Km coast road to Kas is spectacular & completely unspoilt.
Kalkan to the town of Kas ( pronounced "cash") is 26 Kms along the scenic coast Rd. It is being developed into a yachting centre with the building of a large new marina. Beyond Kas excursions go to the Sunken City of Kekova . In the opposite direction the beach of Patara there are several ancient Roman monuments to see including an amphitheatre, portal entrances & clear evidence of the importance & size of the Roman city & port.
Fetiye town is a 50 Minute drive passing Saklicent Gorge en route.
Within Kalkan itself there are approx. 200 restaurants, 4 main supermarkets, numerous smaller general stores, a couple of butchers & lots of gift, pottery & jewellery shops along with several bars. Taxis & car hire is readily available. Every Thursday the market comes to town sited adjacent to the Jandarma & the silver Mosque as it is known.
A day out on one of the boats moored in the harbour is a must They usually leave at 10.00 am returning about 4.30 pm. Either organise your own group ( up to 12 people ) or join others who have already booked. An excellent lunch is provided & 4 or 5 stops at various points on the coast for swimming & snorkelling is all part of the trip. We can recommend "Moby Dick one" boat & its captain Deniz who also owns 2 other boats "Moby Dick Two & Moby Dick Three"
For a meal with a difference try a lunch up in the mountains at one of the Trout Farms ( we recommend the furthest one along the track ).
For anyone more energetic there are numerous water sports from scuba diving to water & jet ski ing all available from the harbour area. There is Paragliding also available in Kas for those who want the adrenalin surge ! We've tried it - fantastic !
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
1 Dec 2016 - 31 Mar 2017
4 night minimum stay
for 4 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£200|
An enquiry or Booking can be made direct to us by e mail or by phone 01799 599 649.
A deposit of £200 is required on our confirmation of the booking & the balance to be received 8 weeks before departure. Both payments can be in the form of a cheque or transfered electonically to our bank a/c. Bank details will be given at the time of booking. Bookings cannot be less than 4 days (see pricing) but will generall be for 7/14 days +
Changeover days are flexible to suit flights.
Transfers from/to Dalaman Airport can be arranged with payment in Sterling direct to the driver.
Notes on prices:
Cancellations. An administration fee of £50 will be chargeable if booking is cancelled less than 4 weeks before departure.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- 50% refund for cancellations more than 30 days before check-in date.
- 100% refund for cancellations more than 60 days before check-in date.
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“We just like to relax in the garden by the pool or take the short walk into town to eat or shop. The 8 Units of Begonvil each with 3 apartments are spaced well apart all with uninterupted views rather than many other developments that are squeezed together one looking onto the back or roof of the other. We can drive right up to our front door & walk straight into our sitting room & kitchen. We have made many friends amongst the other owners in Begonvil & look forward to seeing them each summer.”
- Air Conditioning
- Ceiling Fans
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Satellite / Cable
Pool / Spa
- Communal Pool
- children welcome
- limited accessibility
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Main bathroom with bath & thermostatically controlled shower over, WC & wash-hand basin. 2nd bathroom is a wet room with thermostatically controlled shower, WC & wash-hand basin.
- 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 4
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 4 (2 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Main Bedroom on ground floor with full size double & 2nd Bedroom on 1st floor with twin beds. The property is not suitable for children under 10 years as the pool has no shallow end ( 6 feet at each end ) & with a balcony & sun terrace well above ground.
- Notes on accommodation: Our Sitting room can accomodate our glass topped wrought iron dining table (should only be lifted by its frame) if it is prefered to eat indoors by moving the carved chest, but we & most guests prefer to place it on the balcony to take advantage of the wonderful views. When the fabric canopy is rolled out it creates the feeling of another room for Alfresco dining. Gin & Tonics in hand watching the beautiful sunsets over the peninsular this is our favourite place. Outside: The 3.5m x 5.5m x 1.9m Horizon pool is set in a delightful garden of trees, shrubs & masses of Bouganvillea. 4 sunbeds with mattresses & umbrellas are available for use on the Trevertine paved areas around the pool. There are also small areas of lawn to the side. Although the pool is shared with the other 2 apartments it is rare that all three apartments are occupied & using the pool at the same time though this cannot be guaranteed. The pool cannot be heated though it is attractively floodlit under water at night. The garden & the pool are maintained daily. Utility Room: Automatic washing machine. Vacuum cleaner. Ironing board & Iron. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: All towels including beach towels along with linen supplied. Cleaning will take place before guests arrive or after previous guests have departed whichever is the later. A light clean will be done after the 1st week of guest's stay & linen changed. Other: 1st floor twin Bedroom with built in wardrobes. Air Conditioning unit. Portable Standard electric fan, Hair Drier. Landing / Kitchenette with sink & storage cupboards under. Sun Terrace with circular table & chairs. Bulkhead lighting.