Villa in Jursici, Nr. Pula, Istria, Croatia - Peaceful Location, 10 Minutes Drive To Mediterranean Sea
Villa Galic is a charming and ideally situated stone house in Istria, very close to the Mediterranean sea with its islands and beaches. The landscape in the area is predominantly olive groves and vineyards. The house is flanked by established trees on one side and has fine countryside views all round. The property is extremely private and the pool and garden are not overlooked from any aspect. It is finished to an extremely high standard and features modern twists on the traditional stone villa. Villa Galic sleeps 6 adults (+can very comfortably accomodate 2 adults on settee bed in the living area + 1 baby cot) and is situated in the small, quiet village of Jursici. There is a cafe, bar, and small local shop 100m walk from the house. More comprehensive amenities can be found in the medieval town of Vodnjan, 6km away.
Top Traveller Review
Excellent House and Pool
About the Owner
We are extremely widely travelled ourselves and have tried to create a perfect home from home, with no naff personal effects yet with a real instantly homey feel and creature comforts.
Guestbook comments from the owner
There is very little that I could suggest to improve things at the villa, it is beautifully decorated and furnished. We had a brilliant week. We used the guidebook several times so that was very useful and the fact that it is so well equipped and that we could use 'stuff' was great. Like I said Emma it is a beautiful villa and you have decorated it to a very high standard, I would certainly recommend it to friends. (E.A.)
The house and garden are fantastic. You have done a great job. Everything is perfect we enjoyed our holiday in Croatia very much, the house is very beautiful and build with love and care. Did we miss anything, no, everything was just great. (M.v.G)
The house is wonderful, newly renovated to a high quality standard……we spent countless days in the garden lazing by the pool! Everything you could possibly need/want and within 20 mins drive for so many of Istria’s attractions. Picture perfect. (Mark & family)
5 based on 5 holidaymaker reviews
Excellent House and Pool
The house, garden and pool are all excellent. Well-equipped and very private. Pool and terrace are particularly good and the walled garden is really attractive. The house has air conditioning throughout, which was particularly welcome when temperatures exceeded 30 degrees. Emma is a very attentive and responsive owner and the property is stylish and very-well maintained. I would recommend Villa Galic without hesitation to anyone looking for a quiet and private villa holiday in Istria. The village is small, but everywhere is in easy reach by car and the location provides a good base for exploring the peninsula.
This is a beautiful house - a complete delight.
The property is absolutely breath-taking. Spotlessly clean and extremely well - furnished/resourced. We had a fantastic holiday. Thank you!
Our stay at villa Galic
We stayed at Villa Galic for two weeks at the end of July 2015 (two adults plus a nine and seven year old). It exceeded every expectation and would love to return again. The communications from the owner and welcome we received from the house keeper were first class. The villa itself has been renovated sympathetically to a very high standard and is ideal for families. The large garden and pool area top it all off and we had a wonderfully relaxing time at the villa and exploring the local area. We would thoroughly recommend a stay here and love to return.
Wonderful holiday villa
We had a great holiday in Istria - the house was perfect, location was excellent and we found lots of lovely places within easy driving distance - in one week we saw loads of interesting places - Pula, Rovinj, Vodnjan, Fazana, Brijuni Islands, Premantura, Motovun, and Balle. The garden was absolutely gorgeous - peaceful and extremely private as it has a lovely dry stone wall all the way around it. The swimming pool was very well kept and clean and the garden the same. The house was very charming both inside and out, and had all mod cons and was very comfortable. The style of it was a lovely mix - beautiful old stone walls but modern kitchen and bathroom (downstairs). Bathroom upstairs was also modern but done in a lovely 'old fashioned' styl e - very romantic! Nice quirky touches around too. We loved the fact that there were so many books and dvds provided for guest use - also WIFI was handy - even worked in the garden! Last year we went with friends (retired) but this year we are taking our children / grandchildren. It's a lovely place for kids to run around and swim whilst adults relax with a glass of wine on the terrace with a view of the garden and pool. The hosts left a lovely welcome pack of Croatian products which we thought was a nice touch. They were also very helpful in answering all our questions before booking. We flew to Pula and it was literally less than 20 minutes from airport to the house which was a real bonus. Really recommend it!
This is an excellent property furnished to a really high standard.
My wife and I stayed with our 7yr old who had a ball in the swimming pool!
It's also in very easy reach of a number of towns - Fazana - good restaurants on the front, boat trips, etc only 10mins away. Pula (including airport), less than 20mins away.
We have already decided that we will be going back in 2015 and look forward to the comfort of the villa and exploring more of Istria!
From the Owner
“We have spent a lot of time in Croatia and have many friends there. Istria is an area that is highly coveted as a place to own property amongst Croatian nationals. One can't get a better recommendation than that!”
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
Cycling! Istria is marvellous for road cycling and a popular destination for professional / semi professional road cyclists. The house is perfectly situated to set out from on long cycles / road racing around Istria.
Istria has more than 40 blue flag beaches.
PULA airport=15 MINS DRIVE. Jet2go from: Glasgow Tues, Edinburgh Sun, Newcastle Tues, Leeds Sun, Manchester Sat. Ryanair from: London Stansted (Thurs, Sat, Sun, Tues), Brussels (Sat) Frankfurt (Sat, Mon, Tues) Oslo (Fri, Mon) Paris (Sat, Wed). Ryanair also flies to Trieste, Venice, Rijeka. Easyjet flies to Ljubljana + Venice. Croatia air flies to Zagreb (and Pula indirectly). Thomson also flies from Gatwick / UK airports.
One can go to/from Venice by boat. http://www.venezialines.com/schedule. Property is 5mins from Vodnjan, 15 mins drive from Pula - historical Roman amphitheatre + other amenities of a large town. 10 minutes drive from the sea (Fazana for the 14 islands which make up Brijuni national park, personal state summer residence of Josip Tito and known for their scenic beauty, and scenic beaches) and also only a very short drive from the picturesque town of Rovinj, also Porec and many others.
Istria, dubbed 'the Tuscany of Croatia', was named one of the National Geographic’s top 10 holiday destinations for 2011 and is renowned for its gastronomy (ham, cheese, truffles, olives, seafood) and vineyards, and makes the ideal base for someone wishing to have a 'foodie' break. The mediterranean coast offers beaches and islands, swimming coves, sailing, windsurfing, fishing, and diving, and other outdoor sports popular are road cycling, golf, riding, and tennis. There is a wealth of archaeological / historical sites in the area too numerous to mention but Porec for example is home to the wondrous Euphrasian Basilica and the church of St Blaise of neighbouring Vodnjan contains the largest collection of saintly relics outside of Rome. Pula’s impressive Roman amphitheatre hosts open air concerts throughout the summer months, and the city boasts many other Roman buildings. One can take a boat trip from one of the nearby sea ports to Venice, or excursions to the islands and national park of Brijuni. Rovinj (featured on many tourist posters), Limski kanal (turquoise 'fjord'), Baredine Cave (stalagmites and stalactites), Groznjan (Town of Artists), Motovun (trendy hill village), Pazin (for exploring Istria's interior), Umag, Rabac (swimming coves), Labin (hilltop town), Buzet (truffle capital of Istria), Opatija (former watering spot for the Austrian nobility which still retains an aura of Old Europe), Vrsar (one of Europe's largest naturist camps) there are no shortage of places to visit or things to do in Istria. Please note that although some noise can be heard on occasion from the road and cafe bar, the vibe of the property is generally extremely peaceful, calm, secluded and quiet.
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£223|
Non-refundable 25% deposit of total rental booking. 5% 'early bird' discount on bookings made before 31.12.15. Booking remains open until deposit money received. Balance to be paid not less than 10 wks prior to arrival or owner reserves right to remarket. Guests are responsible for any unreasonable damages to property + proper use of pool and must secure own cancellation / travel insurance. Pool guaranteed open from May til end September, usually also October.
Saturday during high season, other times flexible. Arrival time (during high season) 4pm, departure time 10am. If the property is vacant prior to / after your stay, we can be flexible and accomodate early check in / late check out at no extra cost.
Notes on prices:
Prices are per property per week. Property is available through the Winter as it has heating (lovely for Christmas / New Year with its woodburning stove!) and already bookable for Summer 2015.
For further photos and information on what to do in the area contact me by email.
Please see contract which I can email to you upon request.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“The property - and also the garden - really is well loved and has a real atmosphere, over and above that which most of the other 'standard' villas that are rented out all year offer. We use the property ourselves and know that it 'works' and is a wonderful place to spend precious holiday time. We have tried to provide everything that a family / families / a group of friends could need on a self catered villa holiday. We are very confident that any guest coming to our property will love it and be pleasantly surprised by the standard of the house, interior and garden. Any suggestions are always very welcome.”
- Air Conditioning
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Dining Area
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool
- children welcome
- pets considered
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- near the sea
- autumn foliage
- live theatre
- naturist beach
- recreation centre
- water parks
- winery tours
- horse riding
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Sports & Adventure Activities
- deepsea fishing
- equestrian events
- mountain biking
- roller blading
- bay fishing
- water skiing
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Main bathroom with bath, hand held shower, basin, WC. View over garden plus entrance gate and countryside beyond. En suite bathroom (to bedroom 1) with shower, basin, WC, washing machine. External window.
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Large Double Bed
- Bedroom 2 - 1 Large Double Bed
- Bedroom 3 - 2 Single Bed
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 6 to 8 adults or children in a configuration that you wish. Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 with 1 double bed. Bedroom 2 with 1 double bed. Bedroom 3 with twin beds. Sofabed in living room (sleeps 2 adults).
- Golf ...
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: The house has been rebuilt in the original style with traditional materials and is a delight. Its double thickness walls ensure that it stays relatively cool even in the height of the summer sunshine. The house is constructed entirely and with no shortcuts from the stone typical of Istria and boasts many traditional features such as exposed stone walls and substantial wooden beams. The floors are a blend of wooden floor boards painted white (upstairs throughout), and modern minimalist pale grey tiles (downstairs throughout). The property benefits from a brand new modern entire kitchen and both entirely new bathroom installations in 2013. The property is very well cared for and maintained to a high standard since the owners and their family also use it themselves throughout the year. Pool surround area & pool terrace was totally redone (modern / luxe stone) in 2013. Outside: The large garden is mature and boasts a huge array of different plants, flowers and herbs (an olive tree, roses, palms, cactus, hydrangeas, rosemary, lavender, 2 enormous ancient cedar trees, honeysuckle, conifers, bougainvillea, etc) as well as a large lawn and paved sunbathing area next to the pool. Overlooking the (10x5m, totally private and for sole use of guests) pool and garden is the 'Well Terrace', furnished with an elegant cast iron table and chairs set, and perfect for morning coffees, evening sundowners, or parties! The well itself is hundreds of years old and although it works, has been padlocked for security. The (covered) 'barbecue terrace' has a large table and chairs (to seat 8+) and is perfect for calm, shady lunches or dinners al fresco. Please do not transfer any monies before speaking to owner (UK based, Welsh by birth) in case of fraud. Utility Room: Ironing board, iron, clothes drying horse. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Initial bedlinen+towels included in price+washing machine in house. Cleaning service inbetween changeover days available at 50EUR cost. Good WIFI connection at house (and in garden). Other: The master gallery bedroom looks out over the pool and countryside. The 2nd double bedroom is on the ground floor but away from the living area and has a pretty view of the garden and terrace. Bedroom 3 and the bathroom also have garden / country views.