3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, private pool, rural with wonderful views
This stone farmhouse is situated at the end of a country lane, at the top of a hill. Its beautiful tranquil surroundings provide far-reaching views, lots of space to unwind and a great getaway for adults and children (the house and gardens are very child friendly). Yet, the local towns (Monsegur or Pellegrue) are just 10 minutes drive away, with all the facilities you need. Local markets, good food and vineyards abound. The house is available throughout the year with heating in all rooms, including a wood-burning stove in the living room. Facilities include cloakroom, laundry, BBQ area, washing line, washing machine, dishwasher, large fridge and range cooker.
Top Traveller Review
peaceful rural gite
About the Owner
5 based on 4 holidaymaker reviews
peaceful rural gite
We had a lovely two weeks with our dogs in the middle of a vineyard at this well appointed gite. It is very rural, you definitely need a car and lots of the restaurants in local towns were closed in the evening as we were there after the busy season so we barbecued a lot. The maintenance man (Steve?) was very helpful with local information and advice on parking for our trip to Bordeaux. He also came to check everything was OK after a violent storm overnight. We missed having wifi as finding local supermarkets was hit and miss, Google it before you go. The pool was great as we were there in a very hot spell but we could have done with more shade. There was plenty of hot water, the beds were quite new and there was everything we needed for cooking.
A little corner of Paradise
We are coming back to this perfect holiday home for the third time in 2017. If you want to get away from it all, enjoy all the comforts of home, have space, silence and privacy, then this is the place for you. Surrounded by vines the hilltop views are extensive. Perfect for small children who can safely play, the gorgeous pool is securely fenced and there are large expanses of lawn for ball games and bicycles, with no worries of road traffic. The pool is idyllic and with Roman steps in a corner, perfect for children too. Our Granddaughter learned to swim in the pool this year, we are sure her little sister will do so next. There are plenty of places of interest to visit within a 30km radius of the property - or just sit back, enjoy the wildlife and listen to the silence! We have holidayed within the region for many years and this is the best holiday house we have ever had.
Lovely accomodation in a pituresque setting. The pictures on the website to not do the house any justice. The house is very spacious and has everything you could possibly need for a self catering holiday. The grounds and pool are well maintained; the house is situated just outside a small village that has a local super market and is also well positioned to do day trips to local markets and wine farms. We did quite alot of exploring of the region due to the adverse weather and only wished that we where able to enjoy spending more time relaxing by the pool. I would highly recommend the property but would only advise that its preferable to fly to the local airport than drive due to the distance from the UK.
A lovely gite - the best we've stayed in. Quiet and tranquil with beautiful far reaching views and a really warm and clean pool. The house is a real home from home with very comfortable beds and a new well equipped kitchen. The utility room is a real bonus with extra toilet. The choice of terraces to sit and watch the changing light over the vines and the gorgeous location, makes this a fantastic holiday choice. We'll start saving up for a return in the future!
Activity and Interests
The coast at Arcachon is approx 1.5 hours away. The spectacular sand dunes here are the largest in Europe.
Airports: Bergerac 45mins by car; Bordeaux 1.15hr by car.
Monsegur and Pellegrue towns are 10mins by car; Duras 20mins by car; Eymet 35mins by car.
Local markets take place in most of the towns; the atmospheric night markets take place in summer.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
27 Nov 2016 - 25 Feb 2017
3 night minimum stay
for 3 nights
26 Feb 2017 - 27 May 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
28 May 2017 - 2 Sep 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£200|
Saturday - arrival not before 4pm, departure by 10am
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
- Away From It All
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Wood Stove
- Dishes & Utensils
- Kitchen ...
- Hob ...
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Room
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable
- Television ...
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool ...
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets considered
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- wheelchair accessible ...
- winery tours
- scenic drives
Local Services & Businesses
- medical services
- Toilet 1 - Toilet
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath with Shower
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath with Shower, Shower Enclosure
- En-suite bathroom to bedroom 1: bath with over-bath-shower, glass screen, WC, basin, heated towel rail. Main bathroom: bath, separate shower cubicle, WC, basin, heated towel rail Cloakroom: WC.
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 7
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Large Double Bed
- Bedroom 2 - 1 Large Double Bed
- Bedroom 3 - 3 Single Bed, One set of bunk beds + a single
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 7 (3 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1: kingsize bed, en-suite bathroom, double aspect, wardrobe, chest of drawers, dressing table. Bedroom 2: kingsize bed, wardrobe, chest of drawers. Bedroom 3: bunk beds and single bed, wardrobe, chest of drawers.
- Garden ...
- Notes on accommodation: Cot and high chair can easily be provided. Tiles run throughout accommodation, but bedrooms are carpeted. Outside: The large, spacious garden is mostly laid to lawn, and features the gated swimming pool (with ample sun loungers and a table and chairs). Pergola by main house with outdoor dining area; BBQ; other seating areas. Parasols are available. Far reaching views of the vineyards and woodland around, as well as the lovely sunsets to the west, give a real sense of privacy. Utility Room: Newly-fitted utility (next to the cloakroom) with washing machine, large sink, iron and ironing board, free standing clothes airer and storage. Door to outside, and easy access to swimming pool. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: The house is fully cleaned, and beds are made with freshly ironed linen, at every change over. Towels (for bathrooms/swimming pool) and linen are provided. Please indicate which beds need to be made up.