Villa in La Garde Freinet, Cote D'Azur, France - Breathtaking Views In A Peaceful Location, 5 Minutes From The Village, Furnished To High Standard
Lying amidst the olive groves and vines in the stunning valley of St. Clement, Villa Henri offers peace and relaxation, yet the excitement of the Gulf of St Tropez with its beaches, markets and night life only half an hours drive away.
The picturesque village of La Garde Freinet is only a 5 minute drive, here you’ll find all you need for your holiday in Provence. The lovely 5 bedroom house benefits from full air-conditioning, 5 en suite bath/shower rooms and large 10x5m pool with shallow ‘plage’ for children's play. The property and pool face south/south west and benefit from sunshine until sunset. Dining on the terrace after a long hot day lazing by the pool, you can savour life in the south of France, lavender, basil, thyme and rosemary scent the air in the warmth of a Mediterranean evening. The villa sits in approximately 3 acres, half of which is enclosed offering safety for young families and there is easy access from the quite lane with ample parking for up to a dozen cars.
Top Traveller Review
I do hope you are able to return with all your family and enjoy all the things you have talked about.
My best wishes to you all.
About the Owner
We retired from business some years ago, having also owned a small interior decor shop in St Maxime, and built our home from a shell, keen to recreate the local architecture.. It has been a labour of love creating our beautiful family home in the South of France and our growing family have enjoyed many visits here when time allows. We are in our late 60's and stay fit by looking after our home in the North of England as well as our villa here in provence. We have been lucky enough to own property in France for the past 25 years, both here and in the Dordogne.
Guestbook comments from the owner
Quite simply a stunning property, in the best possible location. Perfect for all our needs, be it relaxing by the large pool or the buzz of the Cotes d'Azure. Highly recommended!!! Mr. L (Manchester)
"Staying at Villa Henri was absolutely fantastic. I do believe the photos of the villa do NOT do it justice. The five ensuite bedrooms are all incredibly spacious. I was staying in the super king size room which felt super deluxe with patio doors that led on to a private little terrace. We will definitely be booking our slot for a week there next year. The stay was completely faultless and dealing with the owner Linda Clegg was a dream! Recommend to anyone used to five star luxury holidays!"
Elizabeth B. London
5 based on 3 holidaymaker reviews
We had an amazing week in the beautiful Villa Henri, which has been obviously cherished by the family. The easy drive from Nice airport (with very reasonable car hire rates when booked in advance), set the tone for the rest of our family holiday. We were blessed with wall to wall sunshine and deep blue Provencale skies from the first day. We were a mixture of ages, and all were happy and relaxed. The villa was perfect, attention to detail first class. Everything was of very high standard, towels, linen, kitchen very well stocked with utensils and appliances. The bedding and upholstery is gorgeous, I loved the bedrooms, each very individual. A dream house as far as I'm concerned! The pool was safe for the children and bliss to swim in! Loved the table tennis too. Pretty village of Le Garde Freinet is a short drive, or a great walk if you fancy stretching your legs ( stopping off to say hello to the donkeys) with several good shops, cafés and restaurants. Another good walk up the hill was rewarded with stunning views of the village and surrounding area. A short drive away was a Lidl where we stocked up supplies for the week, great value. We really loved everything about our week here, we had relaxing days by the pool, evenings out in St Maxime, Grimaud, St Tropez and the village, usually finished off just soaking in the silence and the stars on the patio..perfect! We'll be back hopefully, thank you to the owners for making sure everything was as it was. Feeling relaxed just remembering :-)
What a property. Have visited twice, the first time with 12 guests and more recently 8 of us stayed in early September of last year. Whether it is basking in the sun, exploring the quaint, picturesque local villages or visiting St Tropez, this house is the perfect place to stay. Far enough away from any hustle and bustle to be peaceful and private, close enough to towns and beaches to visit without hassle.
As for the house itself, it's all you could ask for. Extremely comfortable bedrooms, expansive lounge with more than enough room for all, incredible swimming pool with breathtaking views of the mountains (particularly at sunset!).
Extremely clean, exactly as described beforehand. Very attentive service from Linda, which is always a weight off the mind when booking and arranging holidays.
Suitable not only for all ages, but for all kinds of different holidays. This gorgeous property is a perfect base to experience the true South of France.
This villa is in my opinion one of the best in the area. The setting is secluded but convenient, with stunning views of the valley. The villa is beautifully equipped, all the bedroom are tastefully decorated, lovely bed linen, just like a home from home! The pool is amazing, the gardens lovely and the location is just perfect.
The local village is really pretty, with just enough going on and of course St Tropez is close enough to visit if you want to, but why would you want to leave this place!!
Highly recommended to all!
From the Owner
“We bouight our second home in France after a 40 year love afair with the country. The area gives us all the peace and tranquility of the countryside yet is still so accessible for all that the coast has to offer. The climate is wonderful, the scenery stunning and the feeling of well being whilst at the villa is fantastic. Yes we are biased but who wouldn't be.”
Activity and Interests
The picturesque village of La Garde Freinet is 5 minutes by car and the historic perched village of Grimaud 10 minutes. The award winning marina at Port Grimaud and a number of beaches is another 5 minutes. St. Tropez and Saint Maxime and their beaches can be reached in about half an hour (it can take much longer in peak season) A favourite tip at this time of year is to take the regular ferry trip across the bay from St. Maxime to St. Tropez. A really great way to cool down on a hot day.
The airports of Nice and Marseille are about 1 hour 15 minutes drive in either direction and the airport at Hyres/Toulon is 45 minutes. Ryanair and EasyJet operate services to all these airports. Car hire is essential as there are no direct transport links.
The cities of Nice, Cannes and Monaco are between 1 and 1 hour 45 minutes drive to the east, with Marseille and Aix en Provence the same to the west. Driving from Calais will take approx 10 hours.
La Garde Freinet has a wide range of shops including 2 small supermarkets, 2 bakers, 2 butchers, a hairdresser, a bank and ATM, pharmacy and many shops selling a good selection of fresh produce and local and fashion items. In summer it is a vibrant, lively place with busy twice weekly markets and excellent restaurants and bars. Larger supermarkets are a 10 minute drive away. There are many lovely local walks in the charming lanes surrounding the house. Tennis, sailing, riding and boat hire are all available and the village tourist office has information in many languages.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
24 Sep 2016 - 29 Oct 2016
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£500|
A non refundable deposit of 50% is payable with the booking and the balance is to be paid 8 weeks prior to the start of your holiday. A refundable deposit of £500 is required to cover any damages or breakages. Bookings are on a weekly basis, Saturday to Saturday.
The changeover day is on a Saturday with departures at 10am and arrivals not before 4pm. Alternative change over days may be possible subject to availability.
Notes on prices:
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“The villa has peace, views, privacy, a wonderful swimming pool, space to breath and a charming interior. Even when full to capacity it never feels crowded as there are many terraces and private corners where individuals can relax away from other guests if they wish.”
- Air Conditioning
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Towels Provided
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Ping Pong Table
- Satellite / Cable
- Video Library
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool
- 250 m²
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 2 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 3 - Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 1, large bath, walkin shower, wc, washbasin with vanity unit. Bathroom 2, 3 & 4, walkin shower, wc, basin. Bathroom 5, large bath, walkin shower, wc, washbasin with vanity unit. All bathrooms have travertine tiling, white suites, towel rail.
- 5 Bedrooms, Sleeps 12
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Bedroom 5
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 12 (5 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1, huge room with superking bed. Bedroom 2, kingsize bed. Bedroom 3, large room, kingsize bed. Bedroom 4, large room, kingsize bed. Bedroom 5, large room, kingsize bed + 2 single beds. 2 additional travel cots.
- Bicycles ...
- Golf ...
- Outside: Spectacular views of the surrounding valley with vineyards and chestnut woods of the Massif des Maures. The property is south and west facing and enjoys constant sunshine until 9pm in summer. Large terraces surrounding the 10x5 metre swimming pool with shallow “plage” for children's pool play. Sufficient outdoor furniture including 2 swinging sofas. Wisteria clad terraces with direct access from the lounge have table and chairs for 10 for alfresco dining. Additional quiet south facing terrace with dining table and chairs for 4/6 people. The enclosed grounds of about one and a half acres are a mixture of palms and Provencal planting and large grassed areas ideal for family activities and include a children's swing set. Large gravelled drive with parking for around a dozen cars. The grounds are secure, with perimeter fencing and gated driveway. Barbecue. Utility Room: Separate utility room with large capacity washing machine, large dryer, S/S sink, additional fridge/freezer, iron and ironing board. Towel/linen store. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: All towels and linen are included. Pool towels are also provided. The property is cleaned upon your arrival and departure. Further cleaning is available upon request and by seperate negotiation. Other: The villa is in the style of an old Provencal farmhouse, with blond stone walls and pantile roof. The interior is white with pale painted furniture and fabrics. The lounge/dining area has double French windows leading onto the wisteria covered terrace.