Ski & Summer Chalet Sonne in Maria Alm, Salzburgerland, Austria - Located In The Picture Postcard Resort Of Maria Alm, Near Salzburg
Fully renovated Chalet, located in the picture postcard resort of Maria Alm less than one hour's drive from Salzburg and close to Zell am See with its beautiful lake. The chalet has a spacious wood panelled living room with comfortable seating and is equipped with a flat screen TV and DVD player. On the lower ground floor you will find a sauna. Your chalet has direct views of the Aberg mountain and is only 500 meters to the centre of the village. Maria Alm is an ideal base for exploring Salzburgerland with numerous excursion possibilities including Salzburg, Kitzbuhel, Grossglockner and Zell am See. The prices shown are on a Self Catering basis. Bed and breakfast or Fully Catered prices are also available though - please contact us for details.
About the Owner
The Beachhouse, Chalet Sonne, Chalet Panorama and SportHotel Beausoleil are part of a privately owned portfolio marketed by the owner's family business, Select Chalets Ltd. The Company specialises in both Summer and Winter Sports property rentals.
Guestbook comments from the owner
We were two families (4 adults and 5 kids) and stayed at the Chalet Sonne. The house has a lovely location just 5 mins walk from the village, hardly any through traffic and with a large grassy open space infromt ....perfect for anyone with energy leftover for outdoor games. Beautiful view from the terrace onto the nearby mountains. The house is as good as it looks on the photos....if not better! Space for all and a wonderful sauna, games room (kids), bar upstairs. Everything was in tip top order (oven, washing machine etc.). Just perfect.
The Edelweiss Ski School in Maria Alm was brilliant. For both lessons and ski hire. Small classes. Fair prices. The instructors were without exception all great with the kids making the classes a lot of fun and taking them far and wide on different slopes to different villages all along the valley. Every day was an adventure for them and they all learned so much and so fast.
Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Activity and Interests
Nearest airport is Salzburg, around one hour by road. There are low cost carriers flying regular services into Salzburg. Ryanair have regular flights from London Stansted to Salzburg. British Airways operates from London Gatwick to Salzburg and London Heathrow to Munich. Easyjet operates from London Gatwick to Salzburg or Innsbruck and Manchester to Munich which is convenient for Maria Alm with a transfer time of approx. 2.5 hours.
The historic city of Salzburg is less than an hour's drive away and nearby Zell am See is worth a visit with its quaint old town set on one of the biggest lakes in Austria. Grossglockner and Königsee near the border of Germany are also within easy reach.
Maria Alm offers a variety of activities in summer and winter including: cycling, mountain walks and hikes, golf, horse riding, sleigh rides and tobogganing. The village also has a good selection of lively bars and excellent restaurants.
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£1,000|
Price based on the whole chalet rental on a Self Catering basis. A non-refundable deposit of 25% of the total holiday cost is required within 7 days to secure the reservation. Your booking will be confirmed once payment has been received. The balance is due 8 weeks before the arrival date. Please note that this quotation is subject to availability at time of booking. We are members of ABTA and your payments are therefore fully protected.
Changeover day is normally Saturday. Check in after 3pm - check out 9.00am.
Notes on prices:
Prices are based on Sole Occupancy, Self Catered chalet rental for up to 11 guests in 4 bedrooms. Utilities and cleaning charges are applicable.
- Available arrival
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Satellite / Cable
- children welcome
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 2 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 3 - Shower Enclosure
- Bedrooms 1 to 3 are all en-suite with a shower and toilet. Bedroom 4 has an adjacent bathroom with bath/shower, basin and WC.
- 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 11
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 8 to 11 (4 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Room 1: Large double with Austrian twin beds. Room 2: Quad with Austrian twin beds and bunk bed. Room 3: Triple with Austrian twin beds and separate divan. Room 4: Double room. Share of adjacent bathroom (no balcony).
- Golf ...
- Ski & Snowboard ...
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: Please contact the British family owners. Outside: Private garden with terrace. Utility Room: Washing machine. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: A damage deposit of £250 is payable and refunded subject to no damage or losses. End of stay cleaning: A supplementary charge of £100 is required. Towel and bed linen hire available at £10 per person. Utilities Charge deducted from damage deposit. Other: Separate dining area with wonderful views of the village and Aberg mountain across the valley. Downstairs there is a small games room with table tennis and sauna.