House in St Martin d'Oydes, Pamiers, Ariege, Midi Pyrenees, France - Beautifully Positioned Looking Out Across Latou Valley And 12th Century Village
Rieumes is a beautifully restored 15th century house, 50km south of Toulouse; it has spectacular views across rolling hills of the Ariege. The house is packed with historical detail yet it provides all the modern facilities you would want from a holiday home. The English owners live in the house but offer it for exclusive use in July and August. The house includes the main atrium hallway with an oak staircase going to the upper floors. There is an open plan kitchen and dining area and an 80sq.m sitting room with natural stone floors. Outside is a cabana with an open fireplace, a spacious poolside area that leads on to the swimming pool from where you can watch the magnificent sunsets as you swim. Rieumes is positioned beside the Pyrenees with all its cycling, hiking and water sports, surrounded by Cathar castles, and on the edge of the Languedoc Roussillon; it offers something for everyone and is the perfect place for a family holiday.
Top Traveller Review
Perfect Venue for Large Family Gathering
About the Owner
Guestbook comments from the owner
'Arriving at Rieumes was an instant massage; it is beautiful and so peaceful. In fact our daughter slept so well in her 'bateau lit' we had to have it shipped back to London.' The Blackman family, London SW7
'From home to home - an extremely warm welcome in a beautiful, comfortable French farmhouse in glorious surroundings.' The Deacon Family, Northumberland
'We had a wonderful weekend at Rieumes; it's a stunning setting. Other than a trip to Mirepoix market to stock up on supplies, we hardly moved.' The Carter family,Gloucestershire
1 holidaymaker review
Perfect Venue for Large Family Gathering
Very attractive and large property in a suberb rural setting. House was clean and very well equiped with most rooms ensuite a bonus. The pool had a super view, perfect for watching the sun go down over the distant hills. We loved the local walks in the sunflower fields and the spectacular views of the pyrenees. Kids enjoyed the caves, the high ropes courses locally and the pool! Would recommend to others without hesitation.
Activity and Interests
The Mediterranean beaches are 1 3/4 hours away by car and the Atlantic coast is 3 hours.
Toulouse airport is 50 minutes away, Carcassonne is 1 hour and both are easily accessible by motorway. Car hire would be essential. There is a good rail service from Toulouse to the local town of Saverdun just 15 minutes from the house.
Our local village of St Martin d'Oydes is just 1km by car or a 10 minute walk along a marked footpath. Saverdun and Pamiers are the nearest towns (15 minutes). We are within an hour of Toulouse, Carcassonne, the Pyrenees and and all the sites, watersports and outdoor activities that they offer. The ski resort of Ax les Thermes is only 1 hour away.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
15 Jul 2017 - 2 Sep 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
My Standard Rate
3 night minimum stay
for 3 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
A 30% deposit is required to secure a reservation. The balance must be paid 8 weeks prior to arrival. A security deposit of €200 is also required in advance and will be reimbursed at the end of your stay.
Please read our Terms and Conditions which are on our website and will be provided by the Owner before you sign the Booking Form.
During peak season our changeover day is Saturday.
Arrival and departures: Check out 10:00 am, Check in from 16:00pm
Outside peak season these times are flexible.
Notes on prices:
Prices during peak season are per week Saturday to Saturday and priced on exclusive use of the property. Over 12 people a €150 will be charged per person. Outside peak season these prices are flexible depending on the number of people staying.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- 50% refund for cancellations more than 7 days before check-in date.
- 100% refund for cancellations more than 14 days before check-in date.
- Available arrival
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Satellite / Cable
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool
- children welcome
- bird watching
- horse riding
- paddle boating
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Sports & Adventure Activities
- freshwater fishing
- mountain biking
- mountain climbing
- ski lift pass
- water skiing
- whitewater rafting
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 3 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 4 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 5 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- 1st Floor: 3/4 en-suite bathrooms each with bath and separate shower attachment. 2nd Floor: open-plan bed/bathroom with freestanding bath, washbasin and separate toilet. There is also a downstairs toilet in the hallway.
- 6 Bedrooms, Sleeps 14
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Bedroom 5
- Bedroom 6
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 12-14 (6 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: 1st Floor: 3 king sized double rooms with en-suite. 1 twin room with en-suite. 1 twin without a bathroom (1 further double with en-suite available at extra cost). 2nd Floor: Open plan ‘dormitory’ style room with 6 single beds and a freestanding bath.
- Golf ...
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: This house is a wonderfully calm and peacefully place for families to holiday. And the layout of the accommodation leaves lots of options for group holidays. Though the Burchnall family live in part of the house during most the year there is the option to have exclusive use of the house during the summer period. Outside: Rieumes is perched on a small hill surrounded by mature trees and gently rolling countryside. The house faces south and the swimming pool (10x5m) and the cabana look out across the Latou valley; it is a wonderfully peaceful and relaxing place to be. There is lots of space around the pool with sun loungers and deck chairs and a big parasol for extra shade. During the day the cabana is a shady retreat from the sun and in the evenings it is the perfect spot to enjoy a chilled glass of rosé while watching the setting sun. The cabana also has an open fireplace which can be lit on cooler evenings making it a great place for eating alfresco. There is a separate BBQ for cooking. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Bedlinen and towels, including swimming pool towels are provided. The property will be clean on arrival and will be expected to be in a similarly good state before departure. For 2-week bookings a cleaner will arranged during your stay. Other: A stunning atrium hall has an oak staircase leading to the first and second floor. The hallway has a piano and it too has double doors facing out onto a terrace and the swimming pool area.