Cottage in Kippford, Dumfries and Galloway, Scotland, UK - A Hidden Gem on the Galloway Coast
Whether you are looking for the perfect idyllic Scottish coastal getaway, a break from the chaos of city life, a chance to re-connect with nature and wildlife, or simply hoping to indulge in the local activities and food delights of Galloway, Glenview Cottage, Kippford is the ideal choice to make.
Nestled in the remote village of Kippford, this 130 year old, cosy cottage with spectacular uninterrupted views offers the comfort, seclusion and tranquillity the village has known for centuries. Glenview is perfectly located for visiting an abundance of locations of interest and offers many exciting activities along the coast of Scotland.
Glenview has been fully renovated, retaining many of its original features and offers a modern interior with all contemporary conveniences to make your holiday comfortable and relaxing. The garden, situated up steps around the back of the cottage offers spectacular views of the water with its ever changing impressive Scottish landscape.
With 3 bedrooms (2 twin upstairs and 1 double downstairs), the cottage comfortably sleeps 6 adults. The bathroom is downstairs.
- Bed linen and kitchen towels and cloths are provided
- A travel cot is available for our younger guests
- Central heating throughout
- Fully equipped kitchen with fridge/freezer, cooker, oven, microwave, dishwasher and washing machine/dryer
- Wifi is available
- Dogs are welcome on appointment only (maximum two please)
- Glenview is a non-smoking property
- Private parking for two cars is available directly outside the cottage
Steps lead up to a sunny secluded garden where one can enjoy the magnificent views of the Solway and watch the boats sail up and down the estuary. Due to the location and the steps, the garden may be difficult to access for the very young and disabled. There is however a small garden area outside the back door. Children should be supervised at all times in the garden and out the front of the cottage.
Bookings during April - September per week only.
Please feel welcome to browse the website: http://glenviewkippford.co.uk/Glenview/Home.html
About the Owner
Activity and Interests
Kippford has its own little beaches while the Galloway Coast offers an abundance of beach and cove locations. Children love Galloway beaches where they can often find a beach totally to themselves!
Car recommended as public transport in this area is very limited.
Kippford to: Colvend 2.7 miles. Dalbeattie 4.2 miles. Castle Douglas 10 miles. Dumfries 17.9 miles. Carlisle 53 miles. Newcastle 109 miles.
Kippford and the surrounding area offers a considerable choice of activities for all ages throughout the fours seasons of the year. For outdoor adventurers the area boasts many scenic walking routes, mountain biking trails, golf courses, horse riding, secluded beaches, fishing spots, sailing, bird watching, historical locations, and more. Let’s not forget the endless choice of places to eat, whether you are looking for a traditional Scottish pub, a tearoom, a gourmet dinner, local fish and chips or an ice cream with a difference, all are within easy reach of Glenview Cottage, Kippford.
There are plenty grocery stores in the neighbouring villages with larger supermarkets in Dumfries and Castle Douglas.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
My Standard Rate
Changeover Day: Saturday
3 night minimum stay
for 3 nights
Additional pricing information
In order to secure the booking, a deposit is required with the full amount to be paid 4 weeks before arrival. A cheque or direct bank transfer is welcome.
Check-ins and check-outs are from Saturday to Saturday.
Notes on prices:
Please contact owner for a competitive price.
Low season (Oct - Mar): £420
Mid season (Apr - Jun): £520
High Season (Jul - Sept): £620
Short stays are considered during off-peak seasons.
Low season (Oct - Mar)
Mid season (Apr - Jun)
High Season (Jul - Sept)
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Hair Dryer
- Heating ...
- Internet ...
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided ...
- Living Room ...
- Parking ...
- Towels Provided ...
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Dishes & Utensils
- Freezer ...
- Kitchen ...
- Pantry Items ...
- Dining ...
- Dining Area
- Books ...
- DVD Player
- Television ...
- wheelchair inaccessible
- near the sea
- recreation centre
- bird watching
- horse riding
- outlet shopping
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- deepsea fishing
- fly fishing
- freshwater fishing
- golf pass optional
- mountain biking
- mountain climbing
- bay fishing
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath with Shower
- Bathroom with WC, shower over bath and wash basin.
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- Bedroom 2 - 2 Single Bed, Upstairs with beautiful views.
- Bedroom 1 - 2 Single Bed, Upstairs with beautiful views.
- Bedroom 3 - 1 Double Bed, 1 Cot, Bedroom downstairs.
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 6 (3 bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 with twin beds. Bedroom 2 with twin beds. Bedroom 3 with double bed. Baby cot available.
- Terrace ...
- Golf ...
- Max. occupancy: 6
- non smoking only
- pets considered ...
- children welcome ...
- Outside: The garden is up several steps offering stunning views over the estuary. Garden furniture is available. Utility Room: Ironing board and iron, dryer rack and clothes dryer for outside, vacuum cleaner. Cleaning / Towels / Linen: Beds are already made on arrival. Bath and kitchen towels provided.