Villa in Ozankoy, Nr. Kyrenia, North Cyprus - Close To Several Restaurants, Shops And Beaches, 3km East Of Kyrenia And The Harbour
Located on the outskirts of the village within walking distance to several restaurants and local shops, this detached villa enjoys a private position, an 8x4m overflow swimming pool and commanding views down to the sea and of the surrounding area. Recently renovated, the villa retains some charming features while offering very comfortable and modernised accommodation. Wooden shutters provide shade in the heat of the day and archways give a traditional feel. All on one level, the accommodation comprises 3 double bedrooms, one with en suite shower room, fully equipped spacious kitchen, open plan lounge and dining room, family bathroom and a conservatory. French doors lead out from the dining room and bedroom 3 to a covered terrace with mountain views. The location of this villa is ideal to enjoy a relaxing holiday and the close proximity to the village means a car would not be essential. Local buses run from the village daily to Kyrenia and further afield.
Top Traveller Review
About the Owner
Guestbook comments from the owner
We had great holiday the villa is lovely and the pool was perfect. Thankyou we hope to return again. June 2012 ( Jim and Zena - Scotland)
The holiday was amazing so relaxing and just what we needed. The location was ideal we walked to the village and enjoyed the local restaurants. September 2012 ( Alex and Afra - Dubai)
4 based on 1 holidaymaker reviews
Excellent communication from the villa owner Diane Hocknell. She promptly answered all my emails & answered all my questions (lots of them!). My family (2 adults & 3 teenagers) stayed here for two weeks in August 2015. The villa had everything we needed, wi-fi & a pool for the teenagers & close to Ozankoy village & Kyrenia. We hired a car which Diane organised through Karapasha who we would recommend too. They even collected us from Larnaca airport. Diane has a management company who left a lovely welcome pack & who came & met us at the villa the first day. They were on hand when we needed them too. Would definitely recommend this villa & would return. Restaurants to recommend are Rafters (Indian/European) & Bellapais Gardens Hotel (local & international cuisine). We also ate at The Corner House (outstanding selection of starters) & often went there for drinks in the evening. Would definitely recommend car hire to get to the beaches.
Activity and Interests
If you are looking for a beach holiday there is a wide choice from the lively Escape beach near Alsancak to the west of Kyrenia offering water sports to the more peaceful Alagaddi beach east of Kyrenia with miles of sand where the Loggerhead turtles come in to nest every year. Both are within a short drive of the villa.
Ercan Airport is approximately 45 minutes by car. Larnaca Airport is approximately 90 minutes by car. We can organise taxi transfers from both aiprorts and car hire for your stay. Car hire is not essential for everyday use but if you want to explore this interesting island it is a necessity.
The surrounding area is full of history and the neighbouring village of Bellapais is a ‘must’ to visit with its breathtaking Abbey and winding, cobbled streets. St Helarion castle is also nearby and the views from the top are well worth the climb! Kyrenia town with its historic harbour and castle, offering varied shops, restaurants and pavement café’s is just a short drive.
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
A 20% deposit is required to secure booking, balance due 8 weeks prior to departure. Cancellation charges:
Up to 8 weeks – no cancellation charge
4-8 weeks – 50% of rate refunded
Less than 4 weeks – no refund
Security deposit of £200 payable 14 days before your holiday (refundable by bank transfer within 14 days of checkout subject to everything being in order).
Holiday renters must have holiday / travel insurance cover.
Flexible change-over days. Departure time is normally 10am and arrival time 4pm but we will be flexible where possible.
- Available arrival
- Air Conditioning
- Ceiling Fans
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool
- children welcome
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Family bathroom with WC, bath with shower over and wash hand basin. Shower room with WC and shower, en suite to bedroom 3.
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 6 (3 bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1- King size bed, air conditioning and sea views. Bedroom 2 - twin beds, air conditioning, ceiling fan and sea views. bedroom 3 - double bed, air conditioning, ceiling fan and french doors out to the terrace. En suite shower room.
- Golf ...
- Notes on accommodation: This villa has recently been renovated and refurbished.The kitchen is extremely spacious and fully equipped with washing machine, dishwasher, double sinks, cooker, a full height fridge and separate freezer and water dispenser. From the kitchen a door leads to the rear terrace where you can cook alfresco on the BBQ or just relax with a drink or meal. The lounge/dining room runs the full length of the villa and has French doors going out to a covered terrace. All bedrooms have air conditioning and the main bedroom is furnished with a King size bed and has lovely views through a shuttered window over the garden to the sea below. The 2nd bedroom is furnished with 2 single beds and again has views to the sea and the remaining double bedroom has French doors to the garden and an en suite shower room. The conservatory/front hall is a bright room open to the lounge with windows overlooking the terrace. Outside: A secluded and private garden surrounded by hedging and a stone wall provides the perfect retreat amidst flowering shrubs and fruit trees. The rear terrace is furnished with wooden table and seating and is the ideal place for al fresco dining. To the front of the villa is a covered terrace and to the side is the 8x4m overflow swimming pool and pool terrace which is equipped with sun loungers and umbrellas. The villa is not in a development but is a unique property with many traditional features and is set in a mature garden full of fruit trees, flowering shrubs and mature plants providing shaded areas. There steps down from the main terrace at the back to the rest of the garden and pool. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: The villa is cleaned prior to all bookings. Freshly laundered towels and linen are provided and a mid stay clean can be arranged by our Property Manager. We also include a selection of towels for use at the villa pool. Other: The conservatory is at the front of the house and has windows to the covered terrace.