Holiday Home in Aubeterre sur Dronne, Poitou Charentes, France
Modern four bedroom, three bathroom, fully equipped bungalow. Set in a quiet location in one of Frances "Plus Beaux Villages" with lovely views. A five minute walk to the village square and a five minute drive to the lovely beach by the river.with its beach bar and Canoes. W-fi. Open plan living area with dining table, two sofas,TV with Freeview. Covered terrace with table & chairs. BBQ & sunbeds.
About the Owner
We are Barry and Sarah. We live in the Cotswolds with our two labradors and run our own building company.
From the Owner
“We have been visiting Aubeterre since 2003 when my son worked in the village as a chef. We fell in love with the area and in 2007 bought the plot of land that the house now stands on. It is on the edge of the village with beautiful views and is in a peaceful location yet it is only a 5 minutes stroll to the popular village square with its bars, restaurants and shops.”
Activity and Interests
5 minutes drive to river beach with canoes, beach bar and children's play area.
Nearest coastal beach approximately 1.5 hours.
Bergerac and Bordeaux airports are both approximately 1 hour 15 minutes away. Limoge airport 1.5 hours. Driving takes 6 - 8 hours from channel ports. A car is essential for the area.
Chalais is a small market town about a 10 minute drive with shops and supermarkets. St Emillion is an hour away and Cognac just over an hour.
Aubeterre is a charming village with a small superette, bank, butchers, pattisserie (fresh pastries are a must for breakfast each day). There is a monolithic church, gift shops, a selection of restaurants and cafes and lots of tiny streets and alley ways to explore.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
18 Sep 2016 - 26 Nov 2016
4 night minimum stay
for 4 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
Please contact owner for details.
Contact owner for details.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“The house is modern and bright with an open plan living area and patio doors leading on to the terrace with its lovely views. There are four bedrooms and three bathrooms. It is well equipped for self catering with all the items you would need to cook and serve a meal for 8 people. FOUR NIGHT WEDDING SPECIAL OFFERS”
- Ceiling Fans
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Satellite / Cable
- children welcome
- pets considered
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 2 - Shower Enclosure
- En-suite shower to bed 1 with WC, basin. En-suite shower to bed 2 with WC and basin. Bathroom with Jack and Jill doors (can be used as en-suite to bed 3 if bed 4 not occupied. Large shower bath with WC, basin. Heated towel rails.
- 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 8 (4 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 King size bed. Bedroom 2 double bed. Bedroom 3 twin beds Bedroom 4 bunk beds
- Golf ...
- Outside: Covered patio with table and chairs. Sun beds. BBQ. Large garden. Marble table and benches in the front garden to take advantage of the view and wonderful sunsets. Utility Room: Washing machine, second fridge. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: All towels including beach towels, tea towels and bed linen are included. A full house clean will be done before and after your stay. Other: Separate building suitable for storing bikes etc. which houses the barbeque and sunbeds.