Apartment in Mojacar Playa, Almeria, Spain - Huge Pool In Beautiful Gated Garden, Short Walk To Blue Flag Beaches, Shops, Restaurants And Golf
Our light and airy apartment is on the sought-after residential complex of La Mata. The huge terrace, accessed from both the living room and master bedroom, affords excellent views of the sea, mountains and golf course. The glorious swimming pool is set in gated mature gardens which provide the best combination of sun and natural shade. Close to several world class golf courses and a short stroll to the beach, local shops and restaurants. The apartment is ideal for those wanting a relaxing family holiday and/or golfing break.
Top Traveller Review
About the Owner
Our family, going back 3 generations, has lived in various locations in Spain since the beginning of the last century.
4.7 based on 3 holidaymaker reviews
Nice apartment in private complex with a stunning pool and beautifully kept grounds. The apartment is very spacious and the terrace is great for drinks before dining out ! Spotlessly clean for our arrival and lovely fluffy towels. Brian can provide shopping if you need it and beach towels. Good place to stay for a break in this area. Mojacar has lots to offer.
During a heat wave (35+ degrees the whole week), we got to enjoy the fabulous pool and gardens of the La Mata complex, and the apartment's spacious terrace. The pool and gardens were much better than the nearest beach, so we just used them.
The rooms were simple, yet clean and comfortable, and the kitchen was perfectly suitable for self-catering.
Man on the ground (Brian) helped with items for our 6 month old (cot, chair) as well as beach towels and stocking the fridge for our arrival.
Note 46 steps from road to apartment, so manageable for most.
Superbes vacances !
Très bel appartement très bien équipé, très propre, situé dans une impasse calme. La piscine est superbe et peu fréquentée même en plein mois d’août ! Un grand merci à Allison, la propriétaire, qui prend soin de ses locataires et à Bryan pour son accueil sur place. Il y a une plage à 5 minutes à pied et plein d'autres sur une dizaine de kilomètres. Le vieux village de Mojacar est absolument magnifique et typiquement arabo-andalou.
From the Owner
“We have found that Mojacar and this particular stretch of coast has a wonderful mixture of traditional and modern Spanish Style and Culture.”
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
For those who enjoy a more active holiday than sitting relaxing by the pool or on the beach our apartment is a great place to ‘base’. Apart from golf there is a wide variety of activities and places to visit in and around the area such as Garrucha, famous for its fishing port and large Friday market, where you will find an abundance of local fruit and vegetables as well as clothes, leather goods, jewellery and soft furnishings. Mojacar Pueblo with its cobbled streets and Moorish architecture is a short bus/car journey up the mountain. There's the Roman amphitheatre in Cartagena, the National Park of Cabo de Gata for bird watching, Nijar craft village, the Alhambra in Granada and a mini Hollywood where many of the Spaghetti Westerns were filmed. There’s a scuba diving school at the end of our road and a large waterpark in nearby Vera and of course the capital city of the province, Almeria, is less than an hour drive with a large shopping Mall and ancient Moorish Castle.
The apartment is a short walk to approximately 17km of uncrowded, Blue Flag, sandy beaches and hidden coves. There is an impressive range of activities available including, paragliding, water skiing, windsurfing, scuba diving. Alternatively, you can hire sun loungers and umbrellas and just ‘chill’.
The nearest airport is Almeria at 70km / 45 mins drive. Murcia a 1.5 hr drive. Alicante is a 2hr drive. All airports have car hire or taxis.
Scuba diving school a few mins walk. Mojacar Playa Centre 2.4km. Garrucha 3.6km. Mojacar Pueblo 3.3km. Parque Aquatico Vera 5.2km. Almeria 93km. Nijar craft village 58km. Mini-Hollywood 68km. Cabo de Gata National Park 86.4km. Roman amphitheatre in Cartagena 115km. Alhambra, Granada 250km.
There are plenty of bars, restaurants, supermarkets, banks, pharmacies and a medical centre all within easy reach. Whilst there is a small British ex-pat community, Mojacar is a popular holiday destination for Spaniards, many of whom have holiday homes in the area. The atmosphere is relaxed and the locals are extremely pleasant and helpful.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
19 Sep 2016 - 31 Oct 2016
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£150|
A 25% non-refundable deposit is required to secure dates. Balance of payment is required 8 weeks prior to arrival.
£150 breakages/damages deposit is taken and refunded once our agents have checked the apartment and taken meter readings.
A welcome package can be arranged if required.
Notes on prices:
All prices are for the property per week in UK Pounds.
Prices include cleaning, laundry and considerate water/electricity usage during summer months.
If you would like to rent the apartment on a 'Long Let' basis over the winter months please feel free to contact us.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“The spacious rooms, the tranquil location, the amazing swimming pool and garden, the friendliness of the locals, the relaxed atmosphere and its convenient location, all contributed to our buying the apartment 14 years ago. We have loved it ever since.”
- Air Conditioning
- Ceiling Fans
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Parking ...
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Dishes & Utensils
- Kitchen ...
- Dining Room
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable
Pool / Spa
- Communal Pool
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed
- wheelchair inaccessible
- near the sea
- naturist beach
- water parks
- bird watching
- horse riding
- scenic drives
Local Services & Businesses
- fitness centre
- massage therapist
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- jet skiing
- 62 m²
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- En-suite to bedroom 1 with shower, basin & WC. Bathroom 2 with full bath/shower, basin, WC & bidet and mosquito blind fitted to window.
- 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 4
- Bedroom 2 - 2 Single Bed
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Large Double Bed
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 4 (2 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1: Air conditioning/Heating, 5’ bed, side tables & lamps, ceiling fan, wardrobe, chest of drawers, mirror, hairdryer, mosquito blinds on window, access to terrace. Bedroom 2: Air Conditioning/Heating, 2x 3' beds, table and lamp, ceiling fan, wardrobe, chest of drawers, mosquito blinds on windows, overlooks terrace.
- Terrace ...
- Golf ...
- Garden ...
- Ski & Snowboard ...
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: Our apartment is conveniently situated close enough to the hustle and bustle of the centre of Mojacar Playa so as not to feel isolated and far enough away for it to be calm and tranquil. Outside: The ‘L’ shaped swimming pool in the La Mata Complex is the largest private (ie not hotel) pool in Mojacar. It sits in a large, beautifully maintained, mature garden with lots of trees and flowering shrubs which is looked after, full time by the caretaker. There are toilet facilities and outside showers for use before entering the pool and a lift from the garden up to Calle Vendaval. During high season the residents employ a life-guard and for everyone’s comfort and enjoyment there is a ‘No Inflatables in the Pool’ policy and also a strict ‘No Glass by the Pool’ policy which we ask our tenants to please respect. Utility Room: Washing machine, 2nd water heater for shower-room, clothes airer, iron/ironing board, garden furniture including large umbrella (if not already on the terrace). It can also be used to store suitcases, golf clubs, water skis etc. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Fresh bedlinen and towels, including tea towels, are provided and changed weekly on a booking of 2 or more weeks. The apartment is thoroughly cleaned after each let. Extra cleans can be arranged. Other: There are 2 separate water heaters. One on the kitchen patio which services the kitchen and family bathroom, and a smaller one in the utility room for the en-suite bathroom.