Cottage in Brougham, Penrith, Cumbria, England, UK - Secluded Farm Location Within Easy Access Ullswater, Penrith And The Lake District
The 3 bedroom cottage (sleeps 6) faces south and is set within the shelter of the 18 foot high walls of the former kitchen garden to Brougham Hall (visible across the fields). The original gardener’s cottage has been completely modernised and is solid and comfortable. The front has been newly built with a high proportion of glass in the form of French doors, bow windows and a 16 foot high ceiling with sky-lights. A glimpse of sunshine is enough to warm this light and lofty living space. Under-floor heating and a wood burning stove complete the job on cooler days. All rooms are on the ground floor. The whole is set in secluded farm land within easy access of Penrith, Ullswater and the Lake District. The river Lowther, with its resident kingfishers, wild ducks and red squirrels, runs just below the cottage.
About the Owner
About T Helme
We are a family with long connections to the north-west of England, although we personally live in the south of England. The property is managed locally from Penrith by our agent.
T Helme purchased this cottage in 1949
Why T Helme chose Penrith, East Lakes & Eden Valley
Lived there all my life, until recently.
The property is situated in a quiet corner of our farm land with the river Lowther running below.
The area is very convenient for both the M6 and for the whole of the Lake District national Park
What makes this cottage unique
The main areas of the property are south facing and has been built to capture as much sunlight as possible.
The living area and kitchen, with high ceilings, have two French doors opening onto the terrace
From the Owner
“Lived there all my life, until recently. The property is situated in a quiet corner of our farm land with the river Lowther running below. The area is very convenient for both the M6 and for the whole of the Lake District national Park”
Activity and Interests
5 miles to Lake Ullswater. 15 miles to centre of Lake District. 30 miles to coast.
Penrith 3 miles. Lake District 5-15 miles.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
My Standard Rate
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
Booking enquiries by email please through owner's family. Cottage managed locally by our agent.
Change over day is Saturday.
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“The main areas of the property are south facing and has been built to capture as much sunlight as possible. The living area and kitchen, with high ceilings, have two French doors opening onto the terrace”
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Towels Provided
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Wood Stove
- Dishes & Utensils
- Kitchen ...
- Pantry Items
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
- Table Football
- children welcome ...
- non smoking only
- pets considered ...
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- wheelchair accessible ...
- recreation centre
- scenic drives
Local Services & Businesses
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- mountain biking
- mountain climbing
- 1800 sq. ft.
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath with Shower
- Shower room 1 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- Communal bathroom with bath, shower over and WC. Communal shower room with walk-in shower and WC.
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 6 (3 Bedrooms) Plus Cot Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 with twin beds. Bedroom 2 with double bed. Bedrooms 3 with twin beds.
- Golf ...
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: One dog allowed by prior arrangement only. Maximum of 4 children at any one time. Outside: Gravel terrace (20m x 3m), grass area (20m x 50m) and parking for 3 cars to front of property. Enclosed area (30m X 20m) behind. Utility Room: Clothes washer. Tumble dryer Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Bed linen provided. Properly cleaned before visit. Additional cleaning or laundry can be arranged.