Country Villa, sleeps 5-10,Jul-Aug; B&B/s-c, stylish apartment Apr-Jun, Sept-Nov
The villa is no normal holiday let, but a home, with all the associated comforts and available to rent as a whole mid-June-end Aug, and Nov-March. B&B or self-catering are available spring and autumn (see below) in smart 2-room studio-apartment.
The single-storey house (210 sq m) has a light and airy, open-plan lounge-dining-kitchen area with French windows looking west over a broad band of sea and sky. The fields of the coastal plain are ringed by surges of rocky hills. The sun sets behind the neighbouring island of Paros, and on a clear day, many more islands ‘float’ on the horizon. A wide balcony borders three sides of the villa. The villa is set in its own vineyard and olive grove among agricultural land on the island’s south-west coast. Two perfect sandy bays and a long sandy beach are c.800m away, and never crowded. The location is rural and peaceful, away from tourist centres, though with three of the island's best tavernas nearby. Coast and hills are rich in wildlife and wonderful to explore on foot.
B&B or SELF-CATERING in stylish, 2-room studio-apartment available mid-April-mid-June and Sept-Nov. Each of the two apartments sleeps 2, and is on the same level as the rest of the house. Each has a twin/double bedroom, a small living room with sofa bed and kitchenette, outside balcony space and ensuite loo, basin and big, enclosed shower. Simple but stylish, with cotton sheets and feather pillows!
Each apartment £35/night, plus £5/€7 per person per breakfast (local produce; fresh fruit and local bread, jam, eggs, cheese, etc).
Top Traveller Review
Spacious island house
About the Owner
I am a writer, journalist and editor by profession (www.gillycameroncooper.co.uk), and live in London mid June-August, Dec-March, and the rest of the year on Naxos. My husband, Robin, and I have operated a small and exclusive walking holiday company based in the Cyclades, for 14 years. We share our extensive knowledge of Greek island culture and natural history with our house guests. We grow vegetables, and produce wine, olives, lemonade, pomegranate and grape juice from our own vines and fruit trees, and have upgraded the big, single-storey house to British standards of comfort and taste. We care for the island environment and support the local community.
Guestbook comments from the manager
"You have an absolutely wonderful home, which we have both simply fallen in love with. We go swimming each day, eat all our meals out on the terrace to enjoy the splendid view (and the amazing sunsets). Rarely have we experienced such tranquility." – David & Emily, post-graduates, Oxford University
“We had a simply fantastic time; you've done a great job with the house. It was just perfect, and we were very impressed with the beaches so close by - so clear and unspoilt. Great tavernas too; we really recommend Paradise Taverna on the closest beach.” Hugo Reeve, 39, Real Estate consultant, who came with his wife and two small children and another family of four.
"We had a fabulous time and loved every second! The house is beautiful and welcomed us in a very special way. We were impressed with the vineyard, flowers, fruit and vegetables, and the scent of jasmine outside the front door." Olivia Bandelier, marketing professional
5 based on 4 holidaymaker reviews
Spacious island house
The house was great. Everything worked well. The property manager was very helpful and the owner gave tons of info about the island. We definitely recommend Kastraki house.
Tranquil Greek Paradise
The villa in Kastraki on the Greek island of Naxos provided the perfect balance of a Mediterranean getaway with the comfort of one's own home.
The spacious villa was more than enough room for two couples and a child, and the beach and restaurants were a short walk away. Swimming, sunbathing, sampling the delicious food prepared at the nearby restaurant and sipping the locally made wine all added up to an unforgettable holiday.
The property manager was able to pick us up from the port and even arranged for a bicycle to be hired to give us a little extra mobility. She not only explained everything clearly but made us feel incredibly welcome.
This is a place my family and I can't wait to return to.
Gorgeous villa! beautiful seaviews,peacefull place
We have excellent memories from our holidays in this beautiful property. The house is spaceous, tastefully furnished, very well kept and fully-equipped.
The beautiful 4 miles long sandy Kastraki Beach beach is only a 5 minutes walk away. We very much enjoyed relaxed evenings on the terrace, overlooking the garden (with fresh vegs, figues & lemons!). The view of the surrundings, the sea and the island of Paros is stunning.
The property located in a peacefull area is ideal for our group of 10 (4 adults, 6 children,)
The owners and the manager on the island are very friendly and helpful. We much appreciated their restaurant , sight-seeing and walking tips.
We warmly recommend this beautiful property to anyone looking for relaxed holidays and hope to be back soon
Wonderful house and hosts
The house was beautiful and very well equipped, with sunny and shady areas to enjoy. It was also great to have fruits from the garden! The house is in a quiet location, close to the sea, and the sunsets are amazing from the terrace. We were there as a family with kids, cousins, grand parents, and the house and surroundings fitted everyone comfortably. A variety of nice beaches are reachable easily and allow to chose between different seaside styles. Also close to a famous windsurf and kite surf spot (one can actually see the kites flying in the sky in the distance). Perfect experience, to be recommended. We're going again! (note to webmaster: arrival date was actually in 2014, but at the time of writing this review the calendar does not allow to go back in time that much…)
From the Owner
“Wake up every morning to big view of sea, islands, sky and hills. In the evenings, sit on the broad balcony and watch the sun set gloriously behind Paros, a glass of chilled local rosé wine to hand. The island's most beautiful beaches are very close, and empty for 10 months of the year. Yet the house is sufficiently inland to have fertile soil for cultivating, washing that isn't salt-encrusted, and to stroll into hills rich with wildflowers. All that is best about the country is condensed into the wonderfully diverse island of Naxos. It is rich in mythology and ancient history, with temples, stone farm buildings as old as the hills, rare Byzantine frescos and Venetian towers. This is a real, working island rather than a tourist resort, and produces its own high-quality meat, dairy, fruit, vegetables and olive oil.”
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
Self-guided walking programme available, which takes you deep into the island's landscape, history and traditions, and parts that other tourists never know are there. The open spaces in and around the house are perfect for yoga, pilates, Tai Chi practice. Reference books available.
World-class wind- and kite-surfing centre nearby, at Mikri Vigla.
800-1.5 km (cross-field or by road) to a sandy bay and a sheltered beach with a handful of sun beds and the aptly named Paradise Taverna. Beyond these are long creamy strands, in one direction to the bouldered headland of Mikri Vigla, and in the other, to a wild peninsula with a range of coves and beaches, big and small; all beautiful. Safe swimming, sandcastle sand; beach-combing for shells and pebbles (you can see results around the villa!), unspoilt and undeveloped.
Naxos Airport 13 km (domestic flights to Athens)
Ferry terminals, Naxos Port, 18 km
Vehicle hire essential for shopping trips and exploring further afield
Nearest taverna:100m; baker 1km; seasonal general and foodstores 750m; all-year general store at Mikri Vigla, 3km; nearest full range of shops Tripodes 6km; main town/port of Naxos 18km. Wind- and kite-surfing centre Mikri Vigla 3km. Excellent coastal and hill walking from front door of villa. Demeter's Temple and picturesque central village of Halki, 8-10km.
Oven-warm crusty village bread from baker (1km) daily except Sundays. Mikri Vigla general and food store open daily 10am-9pm spring to autumn and less often in winter (contact details supplied). Local food and general stores (less than 1km) operate June-Sept. Nearest ATMs Naxos town (18km); Halki (10km).
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event Price|
LOW SEASON VILLA LET
1 Dec 2016 - 30 Mar 2017
21 night minimum stay
for 21 nights
|Notes: Rates are based on 2 guests; add £13 per night, per additional guest|
7 Apr 2017 - 16 Jun 2017
2 night minimum stay
for 2 nights
MID SUMMER VILLA LET
21 Jun 2017 - 28 Jul 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
|Notes: Rates are based on 8 guests; add £29 per night, per additional guest|
HIGH SUMMER VILLA LET
29 Jul 2017 - 31 Aug 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
|Notes: Rates are based on 8 guests; add £29 per night, per additional guest|
* Approximate monthly price. Actual pricing will depend on the days of the month you stay.
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£167|
Email me (firstname.lastname@example.org) and I send booking form, terms and conditions.
NB WHOLE VILLA LET is from mid-JUN-end AUG, and mid-NOV-end MAR. B&B & self-catering apartments Apr-mid June, Sept-end Oct;
WHOLE VILLA LET: Deposit on confirmation of booking (25% of total rental). Balance, including returnable security deposit, payable within 60 days of start of rental period. If you book within 60 days or less of arrival, the whole rental fee is due. Damage/loss deposit €300 payable to Property Manager on check-in, and returnable on check-out.
Villa let summer prices apply to parties of 5-8. For parties of more than 8, or if the extra room is needed, there is a supplement of £300 per week. Discounts for parties of 5 or less who don't need additional 'studio'.
B&B/self-catering (April-mid-June, Sept-mid-November): £35/night, plus £5 per person per breakfast; £100 booking deposit is payable on advance bookings for stays of 1 week or more.
Flexible changeover day. Generally check in after 12 noon on day of arrival and check-out by 12 noon on day of departure, but this may be flexible. If a same-day changeover cannot be avoided, we ask you to check in after 4pm, check out by 9.30am.
Notes on prices:
Low-cost winter bookings December-March inclusive. Minimum stay two weeks; DIY cleaning and linen during your stay. Fuel supplement may apply (eg., if prices shoot up!)
B&B and self-catering prices on daily or weekly rates from £45/night; breakfast £7 per person per day
Manager's Cancellation Policy
From the Owner
“• Convenient for exploring the island's best coast for walking, swimming and wildlife; central villages, N & NE mountains • Friendly neighbours, including a family taverna, whose sons manage our vineyard • Completed secluded villa, nestled in an acre of vines and olive trees and surrounded by fields (ie., not in a crowd of holiday villas) • Wide views of sea and islands W and S, and of waves of rocky hills to N and E • Self-contained peace and relaxation in a real home with pictures, books, music and comfort, rather than camping in a soul-less holiday villa complex • The house is full of light and space; as one guest put it: "very pretty: Greek, but not too Greek" • Guests share our inside knowledge of the island - at online blog, and with guidebooks, maps and notes in the house”
- Sports & Activities
- Air Conditioning ...
- Hair Dryer
- Heating ...
- Internet ...
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided ...
- Living Room ...
- Parking ...
- Towels Provided ...
- Washing Machine
- Freezer ...
- Kitchen ...
- Refrigerator ...
- Dining ...
- Dining Area
- Books ...
- DVD Player
- Music Library
- Video Library
- Long-term Renters Welcome
- children welcome
- non smoking only ...
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- wheelchair accessible ...
- near the sea
- naturist beach
- bird watching
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
- mountain biking
- mountain climbing
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath with Shower, Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 1 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure, and washbasin...
- Shower room 2 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure, plus washbasin
- Big main bathroom with bath, basin, WC and large enclosed shower. Large enclosed shower, en-suite basin, WC in each of two apartments, and basic shower/wash-basin/toilet in extra twin room.
- 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 10
- Bedroom 3 - 2 Single Bed, 2 single beds can be put together to make a king double
- Bedroom 2 - 2 Single Bed, 2 single beds can be put together to make a king double
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Large Double Bed
- Bedroom 4 - 2 Sofa bed/Futon, 1 sofa-bed & 1 (low) pullout, both with proper mattresses
- Bedroom 5 - 1 Single Bed, Cycladic style (built-in) bed with single mattress
- Bedroom 6 - 1 Single Bed, Sofa-bed with proper mattress in 'living room' of studio
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 8/10 (4 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 with double bed and sofa bed in adjoining room Bedroom 2 with twin/double beds and sofa bed in adjoining room Bedroom 3 with twin/double beds Bedroom 4 with 2 slightly smaller than standard sofa bed and pullout Bedroom 5; ensuite,separate entrance, only available at extra cost.
- Balcony ...
- Bicycles ...
- Garden ...
- Barbecue ...
- Veranda ...
- Water Sports Gear ...
- 1 bicycles
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: The villa is let on an exclusive basis - you have it to yourselves, whether you are a couple or a party of 8. A couple would be at perfectly at ease in the main villa, but add on adjoining rooms, and there's plenty of space inside and out for groups of friends, including individual private spaces if required. Would suit group of adult friends, or families. Safe play areas for small children. Living areas full of light and space. The villa stands alone in its own land, not in a cluster of buildings. Your own or hired transport is recommended for exploring all the amazing local beaches, the rest of the island, and for major shopping (particularly if you come during shoulder or low season). Air-conditioning in the main bedrooms only, as we are keen to conserve energy as much as possible. The island is usually several degrees cooler than Athens in the summer, and INSECT SCREENS mean that you can leave key doors/windows open to create a through-draught. Outside: Access to the villa is off a dirt track (no traffic apart from sheep and occasional farmer), 50m from the main road to Naxos Town. The driveway leads past our vineyard down to large courtyard and open car port. Olive grove on seaward side of villa. Balcony area on 3 sides of villa has choice of sun/shade, shelter and private spaces - lots of space for outdoor eating, with seating for 12 at three balcony tables, plus additional small tables. 6 Sunbeds, 8 other outside chairs, 'drinks' tables. Simple bbq. Lemons, greengages, pears, figs, pomegranates to pick according to season. Grape harvest August; olive harvest November. Herbs, rocket, courgettes, aubergines and tomatoes to pick in season. Swings and sandpit. Beach toys. Utility Room: Dishwasher, washing machine, ironing board and iron, recycling bins. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Towels and linen included and changed once a week. Cleaning once a week by arrangement, included in price. Other: Spacious entrance hall leads to small, 2-bed bedroom, corridor to main bathroom, bedroom 1, and ensuite bedroom & bedsit. Adjacent, with separate entrance, but on the same level, is the other ensuite bedroom & bedsit.