House near St. Genis de Saintonge, Charente Maritime, France - Totally Private, Peaceful Location Close To All The Amenities
La Jottrie is a gorgeous, totally private, large 19th century charantais converted farmhouse on an acre of well stocked mature gardens with a 10x5m fenced pool with sun loungers and a large patio with furniture for outside dining. 3 bedrooms and two bathrooms are located in the original farmhouse section of the house with two further bedrooms and large bathroom in the converted pigeonnier. Both parts are linked together by the large living room. An additional downstairs bathroom is located near the living room. It's the ideal layout for two families sharing the property, allowing privacy to both parties. Property lies in easy reach from Bordeaux Airport (1hr.) 15 mins from A10 Motorway. The property lies surrounded by sunflower fields and vineyards, yet close to the local village & the Medieaval Spa town of Jonzac offering a very good selection of shops, restaurants and leasure facilities. 40 mins from the beaches at Gt. Georges & Royan. 30 mins from Cognac.
About the Owner
We bought La Jottrie as a base in Europe during a few years living in the States. A place we could come back to (and eventually retire to) relax and welcome family and friends. It was love at first sight! Oozing charm, character and a 200yr. history. Time stands still at La Jottrie, relaxation is total and there was so much space to spread out in. It's our escape from the Rat Race. In the meantime we go there as often as we can. Consequently our three children 14, 11 and 9 love buying their Pain au Chocolat and Croissants in the bakery in the mornings and eat them on the patio before disapearing off around the property and come back for food or when they want to go for a dip in the pool - such freedom!
From the Owner
“The Charente Maritime has a fantastic climate. It is also very well served with transport links. Lots of budget airlines fly to either Bordeaux or La Rochelle. Where the house is located it feels like miles from anywhere, but in reality is just 5 minutes from the nearest village with all it's shops and services. The lovely, clean beaches are just over half an hour west. There are lots of places for taking children to nearby, like the fantastic water complex in Jonzac (les Antilles).There is every kind of activity on offer nearby and historical towns like Cognac and Saintes are also a little over half an hour away. The countryside is beautiful. So it's really the ideal location to radiate out from on day trips - if you can tear yourself away from the pool that is!”
Activity and Interests
Beach of St. Georges de Didonne is about a 35 min drive away. Royan beach 45 min. Beautiful, big, clean beaches. Lots of water based activities offered during the summer months at the beaches.
Bordeaux Airport is a 1 hrs easy drive. La Rochelle is about 1hr. 15 mins drive. From Calais it is an easy 7 hour drive.
Nearest village of St. Genis de Saintonge is 4 mins by car, Jonzac 15 mins by car. Saintes 30 min Bordeaux 1hr.
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£300|
25% deposit required at time of booking. Balance plus security deposit of £300 per week due 8 weeks prior to departure.
Changeover day is on a Saturday. Guest must depart by 10am and new arrivals from 4pm. We can offer flexibility on the day of changeover at certain times of the year. Please feel free to ask and we will accommodate your request whenever possible.
Direct bank transfer.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“It's a very quiet location and totally enclosed and private. Easy to get to from the main A10 motorway, only about 15 mins. drive. All the rooms are very spacious and we've had 14 people staying at the house before and there was always space to escape to. There are not a lot of houses that can offer that kind of room. Great if you want some quiet time away from others. Ideal for two families as there are three bedrooms and two bathrooms on on side of the house and the other bedrooms and bathrooms on the other - so everyone get's their private space.”
- Ceiling Fans
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Satellite / Cable
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool
- recreation centre
- winery tours
- horse riding
- scenic drives
Local Services & Businesses
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 2 - Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 1 with bath, shower, toilet & sink, bathroom 2 with shower, toilet & sink, bathroom 3 with bath, shower, bidet, toilet & sink, bath 4 with shower, toilet & sink.
- 5 Bedrooms, Sleeps 10
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Bedroom 5
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 10 (5 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bed 1 with superking bed, Bed 2 with twin beds, Bed 3 with kingsize bed, Bed 4 with double bed, Bed 5 with twin beds
- Outside: One large patio with furniture to seat 10 located outside the kitchen. BBQ provided (charcoal not gas). Second smaller patio area around the rear of the property. Swimming pool is 5 x 10 metres with wide steps from one end. Utility Room: Large utility room with washing machine, ironing board & iron and laundry airer. An umbrella style laundry airer is located outside in the garden. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Included in the rental is the bedding. For guests staying for two weeks, a clean set of bedding is supplied for use. Bath towel and hand towel are supplied per guest. Swimming towels are not supplied and guests are requested to bring their own. Other: Character beamed library with two sofas and coffee table. Extensive selection of books. Video library also available for guests to enjoy. Two sets of French doors open out onto the patio area.