Holiday Home in Beaminster, Dorset, England - Stunning Dorset Countryside Views, Silent And Very Rural 20 Minutes Drive To The Sea
The cottage lies deep in Hardy country and is a converted stone stable building. The ground floor is a long spacious room with an open fire and an arrow slit window over the lane. The front of the cottage looks onto the courtyard garden of lawn and herbaceous borders. Access to the kitchen is through a wide doorless opening behind the open fire. There is another arrow slit window over the lane and it has a table where four can sit (more space for eating is at one end of the sitting room at a refectory table). The AGA keeps it warm and there is also an electric cooker, a larder fridge and dishwasher. Beyond the kitchen there is a utility room (with washing machine and dryer and deep freeze) and an annexe with shower and loo. Above the sitting room there are two double bedrooms with a contemporary bathroom sandwiched between the two with bath and separate shower. Wifi and mobile signals available. SKY and Free-view with surround-sound TV, CD, DVD players etc.
Top Traveller Review
About the Owner
Owned by a family passionate about beautiful properties and stunning outdoor spaces.
1 holidaymaker review
From the Owner
“The property appealed as it had land and is remote. We still farm in Somerset and this was a good addition to the farming venture. We prefer the hamstone colours locally to the blue liass stone of Somerset and have found ourselves in a very friendly and socially inclusive location. Wonderful views of the sea a short walk away and typical Hardy country active with all country pursuits.”
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
Coastal walking, countryside activities, numerous renown local artisans and displays.
For foodies there are some excellent restaurants (West Bay, Lyme Regis) and wonderful beach cafes (Burton Bradstock, West Bay)with delicious offerings.
Beaminster (4 miles) is a pretty town with butcher, fruit & veg and small supermarket. Waitrose in Crewkerne (5 miles).
Pubs with good food to be found everywhere. We can help with advice depending on travel direction.
Plenty of gardens and houses to visit. Check out Forde Abbey, Mapperton etc
many of which have good lunch facilities.
10 miles from West Bay and Jurassic Coast.
24 miles from Weymouth.
20 miles from Lyme Regis.
Positioned 75 minutes equidistant from Bristol and Southampton International airports.
5 miles Crewkerne station.
Weymouth and Southampton ports available for continental travel.
Car essential and parking available.
Beaminster 4 miles.
Crewkerne 5 miles.
Bridport 9 miles.
Yeovil 10 miles.
Dorchester 15 miles.
Excellent fresh local produce shopping in Beaminster. Waitrose in Crewkerne.
Top quality restaurant in Beaminster. Outstanding fish restaurants in West Bay and Lyme Regis.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
My Standard Rate
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
All reservation queries by email only.
Please contact owner.
Notes on prices:
Price is a guide and will depend on season and length of stay. Price includes logs, heat, light and power
30% deposit on confirmation of rental. Balance payable prior to arrival. Damage/breakages payable on departure.
Manager's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“Plenty to occupy an active family from sport to culture, friendships and entertainment. Good access to amenities of all types and styles but retaining the benefits of remoteness. The region believes in good standards of quality and care. Space is the one criterion we sought and what we have is more than sufficient with 15 acres to walk dogs etc.”
- Hair Dryer
- Heating ...
- Internet ...
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Towels Provided
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Coffee Maker ...
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Pool Table
- Satellite / Cable
- Television ...
- Video Library
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets considered ...
- wheelchair inaccessible
- autumn foliage
- botanical garden
- bird watching
- horse riding
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 1 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- 1 bathroom with stand alone shower, bath, WC and basin. Tiled floor with warmed towel rail. 1 wet room shower, WC and basin - downstairs. Tiled floor with warmed towel rail.
- 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 4
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Large Double Bed
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 4 (2 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: 1 carpeted bedroom with 6' wide double bed, fitted wardrobe with shelves and hanging, dressing table and fully curtained. 1 carpeted bedroom with twin or linked 5'6"double bed, shelved cupboard, hanging rack, chest of drawers and dressing table.
- Golf ...
- Garden ...
- Tennis ...
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: Accommodation is provided in two bedrooms Cottage has underfloor heating downstairs and radiators in bedrooms. Outside: Surrounded by herbaceous garden but use not included. Astroturf tennis court and table tennis in unconverted barn - available by arrangement. Utility Room: Utility room - washing machine, dryer and clothes rack, iron and ironing board. Boot and coat facilities leading to wet room shower with loo and basin. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Towels and linen included.