House in Villefagnan, Nr. Ruffec, Poitou-Charentes, France - In Centre Of Village, Within 1mn Walk To Pick Up Croissants, Baguettes, A Superb Steak, And Wine
A trip in historical france once you cross the porch flanked by its 2 towers, both gites are on the ground of "le logis des tours" a 15th century listed building. 2 acres of mixture of pergolas, lawns, shrubs, numerous trees, an enclosed orchard where the most attractive pool welcomes you, more lawns and flowers for eating or playing, a medieval type vegetable garden where one can pick up freely herbs and vegetables in season, another area for badminton games. Situated in the centre of the village, all shops are within 1mn walk,
a very attractive spa nearby offers extra relaxation and beauty treatment incuding various massages. Wishing to enjoy our local organic products, visit the goat farm for cheese and the very large and well known organic farm which provides special breads sunflower and wallnut oils excellent dry vegetables, and bottled fruit juices. A nearby large lake for swimming is easily accessible and offers swings and playground for small children.
Details for holiday Le Puits Olivier, 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6, 1 Bathroom
An attractive 15th century stone cottage ,totally renovated offers modernity of to day's comfortyet keeping its historical features,stencilled beam ceiling in living area ,vaulted ceiling in large bathroom,inglenook fireplaces on 2 floors.
The living accommodation on ground floor incudes a sitting part with setteeand armchairs ,in living part a large oak tableand chairs ,large dresser for all utensils and china,big fridge freezer,kitchen area with sink dishwasher,washing machine ,micro wave,ceramic hob and electric cooker,kettle toast and coffe machines. Main bathroom on ground floor ,including shower, double basins,WC.
A few steps and 3 lovely bedrooms facing another including inglenook fireplace.
Main bedroom ,a 1.60m bed ,2 bedside tables ,chest of drawers and armoire.
Bedroom 2 , comfortable twin beds, chest of drawers,
Bedroom 3 a single bed ( twin under ),chest of drawers and hanging space.
Shower unit. Bedlinen , towels,baby's cot ,high chair provided.
About the Owner
I am a french teacher who lived 34 years in England ( married to an englishman) raised my family of 4 in Berkshire. I now have 11 grandchildren scattered in Europe and Asia.
I enjoy receiving guests and feel an ambassador to my region of Charente which I know well.
Love cooking and discover my region which has so many cultural treasures.
From the Owner
“The property I purchased belonged to part of an estate my ancestors had centuries ago. The village of Villefagnan in the Charente was the birthplace of my family since the 17th century...hence roots attachment!! I chose to live here as my property is a heaven of peace and so close to shops and activities at the same time. Very accessible to our nearby station and airports in Poitiers or Limoges or La Rochelle”
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
I am a teacher and love cooking and provide lessons in both areas , when organised in advance.
I actually run" week ends cooking",and "week ends teaching" at all level,just contact me via internet or phone.
Guided visit can also be provided for since I take many of my students on tours discovery of the charente .
As the beauty of the estate lends itself to artistic drawing,do bring your paintbrushes and easel ,not far to go ,the garden is your perfect scenery
Many villages here are quaint and well worth the visits ,so no need to travel very far to enjoy pleasure of the eye...the charentes are becoming more popular each year not too far to travel from England yet a contrastic temperature....Less cars on the road, you certainly will be able to forget some of your daily chores
An hour and 30mns drive you get to La Rochelle,beautiful seaside town on the atlantic ocean but beaches can be enjoyed best at Fouras,lovely typical french seside resort, a peninsular with 4 beaches oozing charm ,just watch out the tidal calendar.One can enjoy all the seside sport .
Royan and the numerous seside towns nearby are all within 2 hrs distance ,perfect for a day out,a bit like London Brighton for a day's outing without the awful traffic jams and a perfect weather often guaranteed
Poitiers is under 1hr.
La Rochelle and Limoges 1hr30mns
One can easily hire a car from any of these towns
The journey from most seaports can be done in 6 to 7 hrs,plenty of motorways all down the southwest of France
Villefagnan has 1200 inhabitants and the next biggest town is a 10mns away drive , RUFFEC with a train station with a TGV to and fro Paris during weekdays. large supermarkets ,good twice week food and fish markets
Angoulême and Poitiers famous for their rich historical royal past are reached within 50mns 's drive .
Futuroscope ,just over 1hr 's drive.
Cognac and its distilleries and wineyards around is a 40mns 'drive.
La Rochefoucauld chateau 30mns away
Attractive villages 20mns away
A new retaurant has just open,next to Le Logis des Toursand will be of a way to eat out without getting the car ,just a 1 mn walk.
An excellent gastronomic restaurant 10mns drive in the traditional village of Tusson. Bank and shopping facilities within Villefagnan
Being at cross roads with 4 counties a wide scope of outings are on offer .
Le Marais poitevin ,ideal for a day's outing discoverinf this little Venice with its canals.
Rochefort city and port on the coast ,once the Royal Rope manufactory,now a most beautifiul museum and the nearby site for the reconstruction of La Fayette 's Fregate ,which will travel to America in a not too distant future
The out doors monkey's park ,a main attraction In the Poitou Charentes , a ggod day out with a family ,all types of monkeys freely running in this well organised site ,is within a 30mns drive. Truly so much to see and do.
Canoeing on the river Charente or hire a boat and follow the river's meanders
Go cycling on an old railway line , you stay on the rail and just pedal great fun for another day 's outing. For keen sport fans, plenty of paths and small road for joggers,keen walkers and cyclists. A few chateaux within an 1hr 's drve will allow you to taste medieval or Renaissance periods. Poitou Charente is the second richest part of France for medieval churches ,a 12th century church is present in almost every village.
Angoulême is host to the most famous " comics museum" this lovely city oozes character and needs to be discovered
The pace of life here is definately slow and the roads less busy.
Perfect to drive around !
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event Price|
4 Sep 2016 - 29 Oct 2016
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
My Standard Rate
3 night minimum stay
for 3 nights
* Approximate monthly price. Actual pricing will depend on the days of the month you stay.
Additional pricing information
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£300|
|Stay tax||3.0% per night, per person. This amount will be due to the owner upon arrival. Does not apply to children under 5 years.|
See website for booking and prices, all informations will be there.
Just contact me on email or via telephone and it can be done, straightaway.
Clients in high season book from Saturday to Saturday ,they must leave by 110am and new comers anytime after 4 pm.
Mid and low seasons, arrival days flexible, rental can be for just a few days .
Special rates for 2 people staying at La Maison Olivier
as soon as they have booked and upon recipt of booking form
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- 50% refund for cancellations more than 7 days before check-in date.
- 100% refund for cancellations more than 14 days before check-in date.
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“Extremely peaceful as the property is central to the village 1minute away to shops and restaurant and bars. The pleasure to be living in the charms of a listed roman architecture building. Easy access to get to seaside A great plus for clients!”
Pool / Spa
- Heated Pool
- Outdoor Pool
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Golf ...
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: Step a few stairs ,near a rose pergola,enter the old oval door and welcome to history ,a Large room with different areas will give you a feeling of close family intimity. Beam ceiling ,inglenook fireplace,bgive the tone to the special atmosphere. Sitting area with a semi circular settee,facing satelite Tv ,DVD player. An antique table opening up to sit 6,lovely chairs. Modern kitchen ,yet old features around ,gas hob ,electric oven fridge/freezer,washing machine, microwave and plenty of cupboards for china and utensils. Main spacious bedroom,doublebed, beside tables, chest of drawers,small dressingroom. Second bedroom with 2 sets bunk beds,sleeping 4 people,armoire and desk ,bedside table. Bathroom totally renovated recently ,shower and basin. A separate WC. The views from the various windows look on one of the beautiful entrance towers. All linen, towels,baby's cot and chair provided. A lovely covered patio will suit your eating outdoors and for BBQ. Walking and cycling. Outside: Enclosed wall garden,ancient trees,rose pergolas,various lawns ,orchard ,medieval vegetable gardens, safe enclosed swimming pool make the estate a truly delightfull place to be staying in. Plenty of sunloungers to get full sunshine around the truly fantastic large pool 5m by 10mpool ,shaded areas with benches and armchairs to read or sleep,many large and small tables scattered in pool area and patio for eating outdoors. Swings and slide , toys for smaller children away from pool area,for safety . BBQ ,table tennis,ball games , boules can all be done around the estate . The pool is shared by all the guests in both gites . Most ove sitting out and eat near pool area ,others prefer travel around to river or lake bathing ,explore the rich roman architecture plentifull in the area Some take near train station to visit Tours and a chateau or 2, or prefer Paris for the day. Numerous markets ,brocante ,antique fairs in summer;fishing ,canoeing ,so much to do...Relax and live