The White House Apartments in Dalyan, Turkey - Spectacular Mountain Views in Central Dalyan with free return airport transfer - 2 bedroom apartment
This is a very well equipped and centrally located two bedroom apartment in a very quiet area of Dalyan, though only a short walk away from all the attractions Dalyan has to offer. The apartment is set in an attractive garden with a pool, shared with only three other apartments.
Top Traveller Review
White hot white house
About the Owner
We are a professional couple based in the UK we have traveled extensively and fell in love with Dalyan the first time we stayed. It was then that we decided that this was the place for us to buy an apartment. We purchased our apartment from two great guys Greg and Pete based in Dalyan who have been letting the apartment for some time. We have extensive experience in the leisure/service industry and hope to continue to offer our guests the service they expect and deserve.
Daron and Lesley.
Guestbook comments from the owner
"Just loved the place, thanks so much, going back so relaxed. That view from the pool, wow. Had a fabulous holiday we are going to book for next year on our return. The apartment was very comfortable, every thing we could of needed, thanks so much" Bernadette and Lilly.
"Thanks so much for a wonderful holiday, you really have a beautiful spot here in Dalyan and so central. Only wish we could have stayed longer, oh well we'll be back for sure" Kind Regard Abi and Isabel.
"Wonderful location, amazing apartments, views and local amenities."
3.7 based on 3 holidaymaker reviews
White hot white house
Property just as described great idea of free transfers and complimentary food pack particularly liked and enjoyed the water cooler made staying hydrated easier pool kept immaculately and the service at King Emlak once brought to their attention was acted on immediately location five minutes walk along the riverside to town lovely quiet central location will certainly return next year
A nightmare holiday
Our 5th return to Dalyan, we love it. Always stay in 2 bed apts, which have been brilliant, as the owners. Sadly not this apartment. This property is not well equipped, badly maintained, no satellite TV with MTV, sports channels etc or 28 Radio Channels, no WiFi, not managed by owners, who no longer work in leisure/service industry & fail to deliver service guests expect & deserve. We chose this apt for the free WiFi & Music/Sports TV. On our first day we learnt there was no WiFi, no TV channels. The WiFi, serious plumbing issues & a broken toaster had been reported the week before our arrival, to the managing agent by a previous guest, but nothing was done. Plumbing issues such as leaking shower hoses/fittings, toilet flush & no hot water in either showers or bath. Faulty door handles, twice locking us in a room & falling off,problems went on & on. We felt the issue was with the managing agent, who continually blamed the owner, so after 5 days & nothing fixed, we were compelled to contact the owner to bring the issues to his attention. The owner was more concerned that the managing agent was upset with him. In short both the issues & ourselves were ignored by the owners & this continues to be the case. No doubt this property will have a long overdue refurbishment by the managing agent, at the end of this season. We however did not have a holiday & would certainly not recommend this apartment to anyone.
We had a lovely weeks Holiday exploring the Gorgeous Dalyan and staying in the White House apartments.
The pool area is the perfect spot for chilling out and catching the Sun rays. Apartment was clean, fresh and spacious with all mod cons. Everything is within walking distance from the apartments, so all the local bars and restaurants are very accessible.
Great service with the airport transfer, it was nice not having to worry about arranging transport for that part of the journey. We have already booked for same time next year :) xx
From the Owner
“It was love at first sight for us we fist came to Dalyan on an excursion and fell in love with the town. As a result we came back several times before deciding this is the place that we wanted to buy our place in the sun. The people are ultra friendly without being pushy the views are great as is the beautiful beach. The Town is situated on a river with its amazing rock tombs carved into the mountain opposite. We chose our apartment because it is in a quiet part of Town but only a short distance from the river, restaurants, bars and shops. The area is great for walks along the river front or mountains. One of our favorite things to do is to cross the river using public rowing boat and walk to the ancient city (ruins) of Kounos taking in the breath taking views from the amphitheater.”
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
Ideal location for walking holidays as well as bird spotting.
The journey to the beach is approximately 20 minutes by bus (dolmus) and the bus stop is only 2 mins away. Turtle beach is great for walking and taking in the fantastic scenery and is also famous for its turtle sanctuary. The area is a conservation area so is relativly unspoilt. The beach is on of the most beautiful in Turkey and won the best open space in Europe 2008 (The Times). You can also take the breathtaking route to the beach via boat from the river. (40 mins) but worth it!
The nearest airport is Dalaman, from here it is a 20 minute journey to beautiful Dalyan. Air transfers are included an the driver will meet you at the airport holding a sign saying "white house apartments" Car hire is not essential due to the central location of the apartment.
Everything is within walking distance in Dalyan. Only 2 minutes walk to restaurants, bars, cafes and the river. The lovely town of Mugla will you 1 hour and 20 minutes. There is also a weekly market in the town just 2 minute walk from the apartment on a Saturday and a great market on Mondays at Koycegiz which is around half an hour away by bus. There are also daily buses to Fethiye and Marmaris.
There are 5 major supermarkets and quite a lot of local shops nearby for all your needs. There is one main bank and 3 cash machines. You can also get a boat to the beach which is great for photos. There are a range of local internet cafes and bars many of them having free wifi. A short distance away from the apartment you can get a boat to the famous mud baths (15 mins). the ancient city of Kaunos is a public row boat ride across the river and then a lovely 15 minute walk where you will find large ancient ruins including an amphitheater, Roman baths etc.
Very close to the apartment there is a new and very modern hotel and spa where you can use the gym and spa facilities including having a Turkish bath in very luxurious and modern surroundings.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
1 May 2016 - 31 Oct 2016
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
A non-refundable deposit of 20% per week is payable on booking. Balance to be paid 8 weeks prior to arrival. You can pay be a sterling cheques sent to a UK address or into our UK bank account. Please note that the free return airport transfer is for bookings for one week or more.
Notes on prices:
Prices are for the property per week in UK Pounds. Daily prices and extra nights on request. The apartment has 2 bedrooms and the table above sets out, in order, the cost for the summer season (1 May to 31 October) for 2 people £275, and for 3 to 4 people £375; the cost for the winter season (1 November to 30 April) for 2 people 175 and for 3 to 4 people £275. (The reference to 2 May and 2 November in the table is to overcome a limitation on the Owners Direct system
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“our apartment has beautiful views and gardens. It has a large shared pool which is not over crowded. We share Greg and Pete's pet hate of hidden extras such as paying for air con and airport transfers. We want to continue offering the service they set up as a result you will find no hidden charges in our pricing what you see advertised is what you pay including airport transfer (straight to the apartment door) beach towels use (very bulky in your suitcase), air con and welcome pack. We hope that we have thought of everything to make your stay a great holiday. Regards, Daron and Lesley.”
- Air Conditioning
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Satellite / Cable
Pool / Spa
- Communal Pool
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Both bedrooms have en-suite bathrooms. Bedroom 1 has a fully mosaic tiled bathroom with full bath, wet room style shower and wall mounted toilet and sink. Bedroom 2 has a fully mosaic tiled bathroom with wet room shower with wall mounted toilet and sink.
- 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 4
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 4 (2 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Both are air-conditioned. Bedroom one has a double bed and fully fitted wardrobe. It has access to a balcony that overlooks the vine seating area. Bedroom two has twin beds, a fully fitted wardrobe and access to a balcony overlooking the pool area.
- Notes on accommodation: The apartment is in an attractive "art deco" style building. The apartment has a DVD player, HD flatscreen TV and satellite with several English channels including 7 English movie channels, comedy, BBC World, CNN Eurosports etc. As well as MTV there are also 28 radio channels to choose from. The apartment includes free air-conditioning in all rooms. Now with free Wi Fi A complimentary welcome pack is provided of essential items such as tea, coffee, etc. The apartment is approximately 150 to 200 yards from the river. Outside: The garden is divided into several areas for a variety of uses. There is the large shaded area under the vines for outdoor dining and relaxation. There is an impressive pool terrace with superb mountain views. There is also a bar area for party use and a communal lounge shared between the four apartments. This is well stocked with books and opens out onto the pool area. The swimming pool is an attractive shape with mosaic roman steps and large surrounding sun terraces, pool side shower and sun beds for shared use. There is also an Artesian water pump and to the front of the garden there is a shared depot area currently used as a large laundry room housing a washing machine and dishwasher for your use. The garden has an array of fruit trees that provide a multitude of fruits including figs, mandarin, oranges, apricots, plums, lemons and bananas. Utility Room: Shared outside utility room that houses a washing machine and also a dishwasher. Iron and ironing board. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: The apartment is cleaned by a professional cleaning company following each changeover day. All towels including beach towels are included, as is all bed linen. Other: There is a large shared lounge room with a good selection of books and conservatory seating. This room looks directly out to the pool and mountain views.