Villa on Castro Marim Golf Resort, Eastern Algarve, Portugal - Peaceful Location Only A Few Minutes Walk To Clubhouse, Gym, Restaurant, Etc
This is a very spacious high spec villa suitable for family and golf enthusiast alike and minutes by car from miles of unspoilt sandy beaches, Monto Gordo, Villa Real de San Antiono only 10 minutes away, and Tavira 20 minutes drive. The club has its own private beach club and restaurant 10 minutes away. All bedrooms are en-suite with extra large jacuzzi bath in main bedroom and also has its own private terrace. All offering great privacy. The large kitchen has everything you need to self cater and the villa is situated beside impressive clubhouse with friendly bar staff and excellent restaurant with large terrace overlooking the course or you can try one of the numerous restaurants close by serving excellent cuisine. There are sliding doors leading onto a mezzanine area with patio table and chairs and a safety gate leads you down steps to the pool area. Where children are concerned it is imperative there is strict supervision leading to a safe and enjoyable holiday.
Top Traveller Review
Excekkent villa and location
About the Owner
We can truly say after spending many years visiting different parts of the Algarve we picked Castro Marim for its sheer unspoilt beauty. Development has been low density and its close proximity to both Seville in Spain and Faro airports with stress free low traffic motorways. The quiet slow moving pace of life was also a big factor in our decision.
1 holidaymaker review
Excekkent villa and location
My wife and I plus son and golf pal stayed at the villa for a week in August. We were delighted with the villa - even better than the photographs shown and immaculate. The location was ideal on a golf course which ensured lovely view and peace and quiet. There were plenty of good beaches and interesting towns to visit - we even took a trip over into Spain which we enjoyed. The highlight was a round of golf ay Monte Rei which has to be among the finest courses in the world - we were treated like royalty and it's a must for any golfer. Superb villa and great holiday! Delighted to recommend.
From the Owner
“This part of the Algarve has very little traffic which is evident even in the air you breath in. The slow moving pace of life leaves one feeling stress free and relaxed. The whole area is void of high rise buildings and the scenery is breathtaking. We love the fact that there are 2 airports within easy access and its within a short driving distance from 2 countries where one can experience different cultures on the one holiday. This area is a little gem and I would highly recommend to anyone trying to get away from it all and experience tranquility.”
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
The Castro Marim complex is situated on the Ria Fermosa nature reserve offering a chance of observing many species of birds. This part of the Algarve offers dining out in style with similar quality and variety to that of the central and western part but at dramatically lower prices and incredible value for money.
There are miles of beautiful unspoilt sandy beaches nearby and just a 20 minute drive away at Tavira there are excellent beach fun activities for children. Also just off the N125 and only 5kms away is the beautiful beach of Praia Verde where Castro Marim have a beach restaurant.
There are 2 very accessible airports that are easy to negotiate and exit, one is Faro which is 45 minutes away and Seville which is 90 minutes away. Trains run frequently from local town Villa Real De San Antonio. The cute little town of Ayamonte just over the border in Spain is just 15 minutes drive away and if you look across from the front entrance of the villa you can see it in the distance the other side of the Guadiana river.
Castro Marim 5 minutes, Monte Gordo 10 minutes, Vila Real de San Antonio 10 minutes and Tavira just 20 minutes away.
The beautiful clubhouse has a warm and welcoming atmosphere and serves top quality food at reasonable prices. The gym and steam room are also at the clubhouse and a well stocked shop with up to the minute golf attire available. There is an ATM machine and 24 hour security on complex. Vila Real De San Antonio has a beautiful Marina with regular ferries a short distance away to Spain. It also has a large supermarket and great variety of shops selling traditional linens and pottery, lots of restaurants, pharmacies etc.
- Booking Notes:
A 25% deposit will be required at the time of booking with balance due 8 week's before arrival date. A breakage/key deposit will also be required at that time and will be re-paid in full after full inspection/key return and assuming no damages.
We will be as flexible as possible to suit you flight plans thereby allowing guests to enjoy lower flight charges etc. Check out time 11am and arrival after 4pm but we will try to be flexible here also.
Notes on prices:
Prices are for the property for the week eg. 7 nights and are quoted in euros. Short term stays can be quoted and are subject to availability. Peak at 180 euro per night and off peak at 120 euro per night.
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“Our property is in a beautiful quiet location with spectacular views.”
- Air Conditioning
- Ceiling Fans
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Satellite / Cable
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 3 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Toilet 1 - Toilet
- Master en-suite which has E.L. jacuzzi bath and seperate power shower and has double sink vanity unit. Bathroom 2 en-suite shower/bath and vanity unit etc. Bathroom 3 en-suite shower/bath and vanity unit etc. All bathrooms have underfloor heating.
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 6 (3 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Master bedroom on all of 1st floor with king size bed and private balcony overlooking 11th fairway (with table and chairs). Bedrooms 2 and 3 downstairs with twin beds and en-suite bathrooms and ample wardrobe space.
- Golf ...
- Notes on accommodation: The villa is fully air-conditioned and furnished to a very high standard throughout and there are insect screens fitted throughout that should help eliminate insect intrusion if needs be. The entrance hall leads onto a very large dining/living area all open plan and can be made even bigger when the large sliding doors which retract fully into walls are opened onto mezzanine area all shaded from the mid-day sun. The beautiful terrace area off the main bed-room is a great place to relax and have a refreshing cup of tea or glass of wine as there is patio table and chairs at this level also looking out over the golf course and you can see the sea and the bridge over the river onto Spain and the Spanish town of Ayamonte which is very pretty at night with the lights twinkling in the distance. The bedrooms and kitchen have great storage space and there are plenty of full length mirrors throughout. Outside: The 8 x 4 metre swimming pool has a deep and shallow end. There are sliding doors which lead onto a mezzanine area with patio table and chairs and a safety gate leads you down steps to the pool area with sun-loungers and cushions , umbrellas and a BBQ and sink. This area overlooks the golf course but is still very private as its elevated. Utility Room: Just off the kitchen is a little courtyard, with washing machine, tumble dryer, clothes drying rail, great for beach and golf equipment etc. with plenty of storage space. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: All linen and towels including beach towels are provided and changed weekly. Other: There is a toilet and wash hand basin just off entrance hall. Also a large private pool, outdoor shower, BBQ area, outdoor sink, patio table and chairs sun loungers and umbrella. The mezzanine area just outside sliding doors can add further space.