Farmhouse in the Dordogne-Gironde Region - 4 bedrooms and 4 bathrooms, in open plan house and large pool with with spectacular countryside vi
Set on the outskirts of a beautiful village, the property has been renovated to a high standard, whilst maintaining many of the 300 year old original features. The property has a private 10mx5m swimming pool with a fantastic view over the surrounding countryside, situated in 2.5 acres in an idyllic part of the countryside. Bordering Gironde, Lot-Et-Garonne and Dordogne and within close proximity of Monsegur, Duras and Marmande, with all amenities and local activities, markets, cafes and bars, the property has been fully refurbished, blending many traditional features with a modern kitchen and 4 bedrooms and 4 bathrooms that accommodates 8-10 people very comfortably. The large private pool (10m x 5m) has lights for evening swimming and its position gives superb views of the surrounding countryside. The property boasts 3 large terrace area's ideal for outdoor entertaining both day and night.
Top Traveller Review
About the Owner
I live in England with my wife and 2 daughters. Over the last 18 years we have spent many holidays in the SW of France with our friends and have really fallen in love with the country. We love the area because of the fantastic rolling countryside, the sunflower fields, the vineyards, great local and medieval markets and fantastic restaurants.
Guestbook comments from the owner
I have spent 10 years holidaying in France. This is an exceptional house - the best we have stayed in. We all loved the pool, the location and the stunning views. We recommend to everyone! - Tracey Male
Stunning house in a stunning location!! It has been such a relaxing and much needed holiday. Traditional french farmhouse and modern facilities make it a very difficult place to leave and we hope to return one day. - The Winkworth party
What a great place and location. You have the benefit of the countryside and sunflower fields, but are a short trip away from all the shops. This was certainly more than home from home. We wanted to stay even longer. - The Jones party
1 holidaymaker review
“We had a lovely time staying at Rochereau – the house was very well appointed, and the open plan living area was perfect for a relaxing family holiday. The house was situated in typically lovely French countryside…. a very peaceful place to stay, all round, and highly recommended.”
From the Owner
“There are many things to do from taking a kayak on the many rivers, to swimming in the lakes and bike riding. There really is something for everyone here. We are 8 hours drive from Calais and an hour from Bordeaux or Bergerac airports. The property has been renovated to a high standard with original walls and features dating back over 300 years. The views all around the property are stunning from every aspect and must be seen.”
Activity and Interests
90 mins away is the 150 mile long sandy beach at Arcachon and Biscarosse (great surfing). 30 mins away at the Lac de Castilliones is a fresh water lake with nice sandy beach. For Kayak, Allemans Du Dropt is 20 mins away. The property is an ideal central location to explore the area. Set in the Bordeaux wine region, Bordeaux city is 1 hour away, Bergerac is 40 mins, Dordogne is 30 mins.
Airports: Bordeaux - 1 hour 10 mins drive. Bergerac - 45 mins drive. Toulouse - 2 hours. There are many routes from the UK being serviced by a handful of carriers. TGV train stops at either Libourne (45 mins drive) or Bordeaux station (1 hour drive). All the main car hire companies are available from these destinations. To drive from the northern French ferry ports, approximately 600 miles from Calais, Caen 460 miles.
Local village shop is only 10 mins walk, where bread, meat and all daily provisions can be bought. Local supermarkets are located in Duras 6 miles or Monsegur 4 miles. Open all day Mon- Sat till 8pm and 9am - 1pm Sundays (times may differ on French holidays). Large hypermarkets all within 20 mins drive at La Reole or Marmande. Bastide towns and local markets of Duras, Monsegur, Eymet and all within easy reach.
Monségur & Duras are pretty XIII century Bastide towns set around a market square which host weekly markets and also a weekly night market during the summer season. There are also many local festivals throughout the year. There are cafes, bars, boulangeries, pharmacy, supermarkets & banks. The bars, restaurants and shops that surround the square are covered by stone vaulted archways.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
3 Sep 2016 - 9 Dec 2016
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£500|
Pay in Pounds £'s for the best value. 25% non-refundable deposit at time of booking. £500 (refundable) security deposit payable with balance 8 weeks prior to rental. Pay by cheque or bank transfer. For Winter bookings - wood is charged as an extra - costs depending on how much you use.
Changeover day is Saturday. Arrivals strictly after 4pm, departures by 10am. We are flexible on change over dates in the low season.
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“This is a family friendly renovated farmhouse that provides the luxury and tranquillity that families and friends desire. The 360 degree views bring peace and calm to all those who have stayed and its location is ideal to visit many areas of the Dordogne and Gironde region. The house boasts a large mezzanine and open plan kitchen, dining room and lounge areas allowing for a great family atmosphere. The 4 bedrooms and 4 bathrooms ensure that privacy is key to a relaxing holiday stay.”
- Away From It All
- Hair Dryer
- Heating ...
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Towels Provided ...
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Wood Stove
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Freezer ...
- Kitchen ...
- Oven ...
- Refrigerator ...
- Hob ...
- Child's Highchair
- Dining ...
- Dining Room
- Books ...
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool ...
- children welcome
- pets not allowed
- 200 m²
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Ensuite 2 - Toilet, Bath with Shower
- Ensuite 1 - Toilet, Bath with Shower
- Shower room 1 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom (first floor 4.5 x 2.5m) with deep bath/shower over, double basins, oak washstand, wc. Bathroom (ground floor 3.0 x 2.9m) with large shower, single basin, wc. Ensuite 1 (first floor) with deep bath/shower over. basin and wc. Ensuite 2 (first floor) with deep bath/shower over, basin and wc.
- 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 10
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 8/10 (4 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 with double bed (6 x 5m) and en-suite. Bedroom 2 with double bed (6 x 4m) and en-suite. Bedroom 3 with twin singles (3rd bed available upon request)(4.5 x 3.5m). Bedroom 4 with twin singles (3rd bed available upon request)(4.5 x 3.5m).
- Terrace ...
- Golf ...
- Kayak / Canoe ...
- Notes on accommodation: The accommodation is very flexible and it is possible to request extra beds in bedroom 3 and 4 on request. There are also two sofa beds in the second lounge with bathroom nearby if you have an over spill of guests. We can provide stair gates, highchairs, cots, travel cots on request. Outside: Traditional French double gates at the entrance of the property lead up to the house at the top of a hill, providing total privacy. The private pool (10m x 5m) with roman-end steps for easy access and constant 1.4m depth, is set in the back garden that gives a 360 degree view over the surrounding countryside. The pool is provided with a security alarm for safety. The two patio areas, to the rear and side of the house, provide both shade and sun for easy dining and enjoyment. Patio furniture and sun umbrellas, ten sunbeds and cushions are provided for your enjoyment as well as a range of pool toys. Two barbecue's are also provided. Utility Room: Separate utility room with washing machine, condensed dryer, ironing board/iron, large fridge, chest freezer, dishwasher. Rotary airer is available outside. Cleaning / Towels / Linen: Price includes all linen and bedding, towels and pool towels, no hidden charges. The property is cleaned on change over day. If extra cleaning is required, we can organise this but it will be at a small extra charge. Other: Open plan 37sq.m dining room table seats up to 12 people directly opposite kitchen. There is also Wifi Internet access. Access to 2nd outside patio with tables & chairs provide many varied areas to enjoy the surroundings.