Farmhouse in Cortona, Arezzo, Tuscany, Italy - Secluded Farmhouse Surrounded By Forest With Views Of The Valley
Peschino is an old stone farmhouse which has been recently renovated using handmade materials in keeping with the original features. Located at the end of a private valley, reached via a road winding through fields of sunflowers and tobacco, the house, although secluded, is not isolated, and is ideally placed to explore the local area. The property is located within a protected forest, with the freedom to explore on tracks including a network of old Roman roads. Located on the east side of the Apennines, the house is near the town of Trestina, which has all the necessary range of shops, including supermarkets, petrol stations, banks and chemist. Slightly further afield to the east, you come to the beautiful towns of Citta di Castello, Sansepolcro, Monterchi (the latter two famous for the paintings and frescos of Piero della Francesca), Anghiari, Montone, Gubbio and of course Perugia. To the west, you have access to the more well known Chianti area of Tuscany, via Cortona.
About the Owner
Although we are very happy living in England, we love to escape to Italy to enjoy the weather, the space, peace and tranquillity, the food, the people and the beautiful villages and towns dotted around the countryside. Peschino is our second home, and we hope that you enjoy it as such as well.
Guestbook comments from the owner
Unfortunately back in the UK after a very relaxing time in your superb farmhouse. To be honest the pictures on the website do not do justice to the excellent work you have done and the attention to detail in so many places!
Your house is truly superb and an advert for how to furnish and renovate a home. M & B
I wanted to drop you a note to say how much we enjoyed staying in the villa last week. We had a great time in a wonderful location/property. S.
Just a quick note to say thank you again for your house. It was a memorable holiday for all the good reasons ! N & C.
From the Owner
“We have always loved Italy, and have friends and relatives in the local area. Although the house is secluded, it is by no means isolated, as within 15 minutes you are on the main highway to Rome via Perugia (the Roman Via Flaminia) and within easy reach of wonderful restaurants, shops, gelateria, museums, areas of natural beauty - all the things one dreams of when thinking of Italy. The nearest airport of Perugia is in the process of expanding and will increase the accessibility of the area, although a number of other airports are within easy distances.”
Activity and Interests
The property is located equidistant between the east and west Mediterranean coasts (about to 2 hours 45 mins drive to Ancona), but is about 45 minutes from Lakes Trasimeno and Montedoglio (near Sansepolcro), offering boating, fishing, swimming etc.
The nearest airport is Perugia, about 45 mins drive (50kms) from the property. Other airports within 2-3 hours drive include Rome, Rimini, Bologna, Florence and Pisa. The nearest main train station is in Cortona/Terontola, although there is a local train in Trestina, on a line which goes from Perugia to Sansepolcro. Car hire is essential.
Trestina 12 km for all shopping needs (some small shops in local villages within 2-5 km), Cortona 20 km (famous Etruscan hill-top town), Citta di Castello 20 km (lovely quiet old walled city), Perugia 50 km (university town with a beautiful main shopping street on top of the hill), Assisi 60 km, Gubbio 50 km (stunning medieval hillside town).
Within 10-15 minutes drive of the house, there are a number excellent restaurants, including pizzerias for a quick meal/takeaway, and others with more extensive menus. Within the local area, there are facilities offering cookery courses, walking tours, wine tasting, yoga and numerous other activities.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
25 Sep 2016 - 1 Jul 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
My Standard Rate
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£300|
Saturday in peak season, flexible at other times. Arrival 4pm or later, departure by 10am.
Notes on prices:
Please contact us for out of peak season flexibility regarding number of nights, dates of arrival etc.
Non-returnable 15% deposit at time of booking, balance due 4 weeks before arrival. Security and damage deposit of £300, returned after completion of stay and following inspection.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- 50% refund for cancellations more than 7 days before check-in date.
- 100% refund for cancellations more than 14 days before check-in date.
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“The property is surrounded by natural forest. In Italy, there are no restrictions on walking if the land is not fenced off. The forest is rich in wildlife and produce which can be harvested, including chestnuts, walnuts, raspberries, blackberries and mushrooms. Within our garden, we also have a number of fruit and nut trees, including a large walnut tree which offers wonderful shade next to the kitchen.”
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Towels Provided
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Wood Stove
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Kitchen ...
- Pantry Items
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Music Library
- Video Games
- Video Library
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool
- children welcome
- pets considered
- autumn foliage
- water parks
- winery tours
- bird watching
- eco tourism
- horse riding
- outlet shopping
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- freshwater fishing
- mountain biking
- mountain climbing
- Toilet 1 - Toilet
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath with Shower
- Bathroom 3 - Toilet, Bath with Shower
- Bathroom 4 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- En-suite bathroom to bedroom 1 with walk-in shower, wc. En-suite bathroom to bedroom 2 with bath/shower over, wc. Bathroom 3 bath/shower over, wc., Bathroom 4 walk-in shower, wc. Guest wc.
- 6 Bedrooms, Sleeps 12
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Large Double Bed
- Bedroom 2 - 1 Large Double Bed
- Bedroom 3 - 2 Single Bed
- Bedroom 4 - 2 Single Bed, 1 Cot, Additional pull-out bed and travel cot
- Bedroom 5 - 1 Double Bed
- Bedroom 6 - 2 Single Bed
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 12 (6 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1, 2 and 5 with double beds, Bedrooms 3 and 6 with twin beds, Bedroom 6 two single beds, with optional pull-out bed, cot bed (suitable for baby/young child), and travel cot.
- Golf ...
- Notes on accommodation: The house has central heating and a wood burning stove. Prices include charges for the use of these facilities. There is a portable air conditioning unit, for use at night. Outside: The garden is on several levels, offering many places in which to sit and look at the beautiful views. There are also various areas for children to play. The pool (4 x 8 m) is surrounded by stone paving, with a terraced area on one side offering shaded seating under the tress. The property is surrounded by natural forest, with a track leading into the forest accessible from just above the garden. There is a barbecue, and an outdoor oven which can also be used. On one side of the house is a shaded seating area with comfortable wicker chairs. On the other side of the house, next to the kitchen, is an outside table with seating for up to 10 people. Utility Room: Washer/dryer, iron/ironing board, hanging rails. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Towels and linen included, property cleaned and linen changed weekly. Other: Dining room with large table seating 12-14.