5 bedroom villa near Es Castell, Menorca, Balearic Islands - Peaceful Location, Close To Local Shops, Bars, Restaurants and Airport
This superb privately owned villa is located in a quiet residential street in Son Vilar, just a few minute’s drive away from Es Castell and Mahon. The villa sleeps 8 in air conditioned rooms with additional single room with a fan. With 2 bathrooms and 4 w/c it is suitable for large groups. There is a well equipped kitchen and a spacious dining room/lounge with comfortable sofas and a dining table. The lounge leads out to a shaded patio with a dining table and BBQ, ideal for relaxing mealtimes and evenings. The patio overlooks a fabulous pool and sun terrace which is perfect for family fun.
The price online is for small groups (4 people). We have a weekly person supplement of £50 per person for groups over 4 people (under 2yrs not included)
Top Traveller Review
Spacious villa with sparklingly clear pool !
Thank you for reviewing us and we are really happy that you and your family enjoyed our villa.
About the Owner
Hi, my name is Abi. I help my Dad out with renting the villa that we have had in the family for 25 years. We are a big family from Yorkshire and we try to visit the villa together once a year. I am a full time nurse living in London. My Dad ,Brian is soon to be retiring but currently works and lives in Harrogate, Yorkshire.
Guestbook comments from the owner
"We had a fantastic holiday with extended family and the villa really made it. We enjoyed sunbathing on the roof, relaxing in the privacy of our own luxurious pool, lovely meals on the veranda and serving each other cocktails at the Captain's Bar! "
"Just returned from a week at the villa. We were very impressed with the accommodation; the villa was spacious, well maintained, well provisioned (have stayed in places with minimal kitchen equipment - not a problem here!) and clean. The pool was brilliant and cleaned twice in the week we were there. Lots of outdoor space for sunbathing (plus plenty of shaded areas) and for BBQ-ing which we did several times "
4.1 based on 7 holidaymaker reviews
1st villa experience definitely not the last
Loved the villa especially the pool and all the outside areas, very spacious. Good communication from the owner, and the neighbour/housekeeper was very friendly and helpful.
Would definitely stay again if coming to this area. There's no way fault could be found especially considering the price paid compared to similar properties. The lack of TV didn't bother us as we spent almost every minute outside however the info forwarded did say there was a TV. Thanks for having us!
Spacious villa with sparklingly clear pool !
We had a lovely family holiday here and facilities at the house were perfect for us . It is very well situated in a quiet suburb but within walking distance to both Es Castell and Mahon . I would certainly recommend Menorca as a wonderful holiday destination and the villa is a great place for a large group .
The villa is clean and spacious with a beautiful pool
The property is huge and clean and the pool is amazing!
Got there no tv, pool cloudy and toilet broke. Basically the property is run down and up for sale. Island was lovely though and had a good time.
Had a brilliant week in this lovely, clean, well equipped and spacious villa. Lovely swimming pool with plenty of Sun loungers and places to sunbathe. The pool is cleaned twice a week. Well located only 15mins from the airport and 20 mins walk to cales fonts (lovely harbour area with bars and restaurants). Well located for exploring the island (only an hour to the opposite side of the island). Would definitely recommend a stay here.
We had a fantastic holiday with extended family and the villa really made it. We enjoyed sunbathing on the roof, relaxing in the privacy of our own luxurious pool, lovely meals on the veranda and serving each other cocktails at the Captain's Bar!
Superb location for a swift arrival from Mahon and lots of idyllic beaches and coves to explore close-by.
The villa is bigger than it looks and has the wow factor - definitely recommend it, we're booking return visit for 2015!
From the Owner
“My grandparents bought the villa in Menorca over 20 years ago. They used it for long holidays and always preferred to go when it wasn't too hot. My Nana still says the best time of year to go is May and September. Before they had this villa they owned a smaller villa down the road. We love this villa for the huge amounts of space it has inside and the amazing pool. At night you can see the sea from the roof terrace and the sunsets are lovely.”
Activity and Interests
There are some stunning beaches some of which are only a small 20 minute drive away. Our welcome pack provides a list of our favourite beaches and directions.
Es Castell and Mahon are within 10-15 minutes walking distance and exploring the island is possible by public transport/bus.We are a 10 minute taxi ride from Mahon airport and 5 minutes drive from Mahon and Es Castell .If you want to explore the island and beaches we advise hiring a car. There are a number of very reasonably priced car companies based at Mahon airport where you can easily hire a car on arrival and drop off on departure.
Menorca is a small Island which makes it easy to access most places by car. The airport is 10 minute drive to the villa at Son Vilar. Once at the villa the pretty fishing village of Es Castell is a few minutes away by car or a 10-15 minute walk Mahon is also only 5 minutes away by car. Mahon and Es
Castell both offer an abundance of superb restaurants, bars and amenities.
The nearest shops with supermarkets etc are in Es Castell. This is also the closest place to go for eating out at lovely local restaurants. Here is a link to useful information about the island. http://www.menorca-tourism.net/
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
My Standard Rate
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
Please check the online booking calender to check available dates. You can use the online booking form to make a booking request , or alternatively you can give us a call or email. There is a non refundable deposit of 25% to secure the booking and we request that the full balance is paid 8 weeks prior to your arrival. All payments are made by bank transfer.
The preferable changeover day is Saturday but this is often flexible especially during off peak season so just ask :)
Notes on prices:
Prices are per week for 4 people. There is an additional weekly supplement of £50 per person (over 2 years) .
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- 50% refund for cancellations more than 7 days before check-in date.
- 100% refund for cancellations more than 14 days before check-in date.
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“The pool and captains bar is where we spent many happy and fun nights as a family. We never have the TV on and love the peace and quiet of staying in Son Vilar”
- Air Conditioning
- Ceiling Fans
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
- Television ...
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool ...
- Events Allowed
- children welcome
- pets considered
- suitable for elderly or infirm
Local Services & Businesses
- laundrette - serviced
- medical services
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Toilet 1 - Toilet
- Toilet 2 - Toilet
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- En-suite to family room with shower, WC, wash hand basin. Washing machine in adjoining room with iron/ironing board. Bathroom 2 with bath, shower, WC, wash hand basin. Additional inside WC with sink. Outside WC.
- 5 Bedrooms, Sleeps 9
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Bedroom 5
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 9 (4 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Master bedroom with double bed and AC. Bedroom 2 with double bed and AC. Bedroom 3 family room with double bed and 2 single beds and 2 AC units. En-suite bathroom.
- Terrace ...
- Golf ...
- Outside: The villa is situated on a quiet residential street with a minimal amount of passing traffic. The outside area consists of a shaded patio which is accessed from the lounge. The patio is equipped with, a barbecue and eating area. The patio has a balcony which overlooks and leads out to the lovely pool and sun terrace where there are sun loungers. There is also a roof terrace with distant sea views which has lovely sunset views in the evening The private pool is large enough for all the family and friends. We ensure the pool is maintained to a high standard so it is cleaned twice during the week. Utility Room: Washing machine, iron, ironing board. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: The villa is cleaned prior to your arrival with linen provided (beach towels are not provided). If you are staying for longer than one week the rooms are cleaned midweek and provided with fresh linen. The pool is also cleaned during your stay. Other: A good sized master bedroom. A large family room with en-suite comfortably sleeps 4 people. The villa is on one floor but there are steps leading down to some of the bedrooms. Comfortable double bedroom. Small single bedroom (with fan).