Appartamento Azalea Sleeps 4 (2 Bedrooms)
The interior of Appartamento Azalea, though smaller than Appartamento Camelia, is just as beautifully furnished.
There is a large open plan living and dining area with sofa bed and chairs and a dining table seating 4 to 6. Double doors lead onto a terrace overlooking the inner garden filled with lemon trees and beautiful roses.
There is outdoor furniture for alfresco dining.
There are 2 bedrooms - 1 double bedroom with stunning chandalier and fireplace as well as 1 twin room, ideal for children.
There are 2 bathrooms (new for 2010), one of which is accessible via the second bedroom.
There is also a kitchen equipped with oven, gas hob, dishwasher, washing machine, fridge and freezer. Doors lead from the kitchen to an inner courtyard.
Apartments near Florence
Villa Mona Lisa is a stunning 15th century villa containing 2 apartments, one with 4 bedrooms and the other with 2 bedrooms. The properties can be rented separately or together to accommodate larger groups. Set on top of a hill just outside Florence, it's an incredibly peaceful location overlooking the Chianti region and surrounded by 30 hectares of olive groves containing 6000 olive trees. Guests renting the villa have exclusive use of a swimming pool within the grounds. Plenty of sun loungers are provided. Guests are also welcome to help themselves to produce from the wonderful fruit and vegetable gardens cultivated by the owners. For those hiring the villa for a special occasion, there is also the opportunity to use the wonderful frescoed salon for a special dinner or reception. The owner can also arrange for you to enjoy a cookery lesson at the villa during your stay and will happily give you a guided tour of the old property to bring the history of the building to life for you.
About the Owner
About Jo Mackay
I am a mother with 2 children, age 9 & 12 and a very busy husband! I gave up work with Procter and Gamble 9 years ago to spend time at home with the children. I have loved being able to spend so much time with them. However, with both children now at school, I was keen to start working again. I initially enjoyed managing two of our own holiday properties in the Italian Lakes which we bought in 2008 and 2009 following our first visit to the area in 2007. However, I have now started to manage holiday homes for others, not just in the Italian Lakes, but elsewhere in Italy through my website - I carefully select each property and ensure that I maintain that personal but professional service level that I believe holidaymakers are looking for.
Why Jo Mackay chose Florence Area
This really is a special place to stay, not just because of the beautiful interior of the property but also due to the magical setting overlooking olive groves to the Chianti Classico vineyards beyond. The owner is a wonderful lady who, time after time, ensures that guests have an absolutely fantastic stay at her estate.
What makes this apartment unique
Guests are treated to a free tour of the olive groves and a free tasting of the extra virgin olive oil that is produced.
From the Owner
“This really is a special place to stay, not just because of the beautiful interior of the property but also due to the magical setting overlooking olive groves to the Chianti Classico vineyards beyond. The owner is a wonderful lady who, time after time, ensures that guests have an absolutely fantastic stay at her estate.”
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
There is a wealth of activities to enjoy during your stay whether it's wine tasting and a tour of a local vineyard or an afternoon spent with the owners of the Mona Lisa villa enjoying a tour of the olive groves, learning about how the extra virgin olive oil is produced and sampling some of the estate's wonderful produce. Guided tours (from tours of Florence to tours of the outlet malls) can also be arranged as can cookery courses of various lengths to suit your party. Please ask for more details or let me know if you have any specific requests.
The coast is about 75 minutes away if you want to spend a day on the beach. The coast is about 90 mins away if you want to spend a day on the beach. One of the best towns on the coast is Viareggio, which is also Tusancy's biggest seaside resort. Viareggio has an air of elegance afforded by the long avenue of palms that run the length of its promenade and is worth a visit. The seaside resorts north from Viareggio to Forte dei Marmi are certainly popular with the wealthy Florentines.
The nearest train station is Santa Maria Novella 9 miles away. The nearest airport is in Florence, 18 miles away. It's also only an hours drive from Pisa airport. A bus leaves from outside the driveway of the property taking you to Florence, perfect for those who don't fancy driving in the city or having the inconvenience of trying to find a parking space there! Transfers from the airport can be arranged if required. Please ask for more details.
The property is just 10kms from Florence in the Impruneta Hills, making it the perfect location to explore all that the beautiful city has to offer. San Gimignana is 55kms away, whilst Siena and the Chianti area is 40kms away. Arezzo & Pisa are both 80kms away.
Please take a look at our website to find out more information about all there is to see and do in the area.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
1 Jan 2017 - 31 Dec 2017
3 night minimum stay
for 3 nights
My Standard Rate
3 night minimum stay
for 3 nights
Additional pricing information
Saturday changeover preferred however we do try our best to accommodate guests different arrival preferences where possible.
Manager's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“Guests are treated to a free tour of the olive groves and a free tasting of the extra virgin olive oil that is produced.”
- Tourist Attractions
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Dining Area
Pool / Spa
- Communal Pool ...
- Outdoor Pool
- Long-term Renters Welcome
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- wheelchair inaccessible ...
- winery tours
- horse riding
- outlet shopping
- scenic drives
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- The apartment has 2 bathrooms.
- 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 4
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- The property has a master bedroom with double bed as well as a twin bedroom with 2 single beds.
- Golf ...
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: The property is steeped in history. In Renaissance times, the property belonged to the Gherardini family, the family of the famous Mona Lisa, immortalized by Leonardo Da Vinci. For the past 200 years, the property has been in the Calamai family and the current owners, Eleanora and Marco, lovingly look after the property and tend the olive groves. Marco looks after the olive trees, following strict rules handed down over the generations. Whilst Marco looks after the groves, Eleanora offers guests the opportunity to share her passion for cooking, offering cookery courses. She can also arrange other excursions such as wine tasting at a local vineyard, a visit to a cheese producer or guided tours of the area. Eleanora will also be happy to cook for guests and, on request, guests have the opportunity to dine by candlelight in the wonderful frescoed salon of the villa. Outside: The property is in an absolutely idyllic setting only 10km from Florence with stunning views of the Tuscan countryside. Guests are welcome to wonder through the olive groves. They are also encouraged to help themselves to the wonderful home grown produce from the estate's fruit and vegetable patch. And for those times when you just want to relax, there is a wonderful swimming pool and beautiful gardens to enjoy.