Apartment in Samoens, Haute Savoie, French Alps - 2 Minutes From Historic Centre Of Village, Beautiful Mountain Views
A light and spacious apartment in a prestigious MGM development in the centre of Samoens, Constructed in 2005, the property is in a prime location, just two minutes walk from Samoens historic main square. The apartment also benefits from its own south facing (very sunny) private balcony. The apartment has a well equipped modern kitchen for easy self catering and a washing machine. There is a separate shower room attached to the master bedroom. The Grand Massif Express ski lift is an easy and flat 5 minute walk. Also just opposite the apartments is the regular and free ski bus stop, which takes just one minute to take you to the Grand Massif lift. The grand massif is a large ski area suitable for all levels and which includes the resorts of les Carroz d’Arraches, Sixt, Morillon and Flaine. However should you wish to venture further afield, the resorts of Morzine and Avoriaz are only half an hour’s drive away and Megeve, Chamonix and the Mont Blanc range approx 40 minutes.
About the Owner
I live in England with my husband and our 3 children. We spend most of our holidays in France, hiking in the summer and skiing in the winter.
From the Owner
“We love Samoens because the skiing is so accessible and there are many different areas to ski in. Geneva airport is less than an hours drive away and Calais only eight hours by car. We love the town which is very picturesque and retains a typical Savoyard charm. In summer you can hike, swim, raft, ride, play tennis.”
Activity and Interests
In the summer, there are small lakes nearby and lake Annecy is 40 minutes away by car. Evian and lake Geneva are one hour away.
Geneva airport is one hour away. Alternative airports are Lyon (2 1/2 hours) and Turin or Milan via the Mont Blanc tunnel. In ski season there is a bus service from Geneva to Samoens. It is 8 hours drive from Calais to Samoens and all motorway except the last 20 minutes which is an easy drive.
Eurostar goes to Geneva via Paris.
Apartment is located in centre of village. Adjoining villages are Morrillon, Sixt and les Carroz. Chamonix and Annecy are 40 mins away. Geneva is one hour.
You can ski in Courmayeur in Italy via the Mont Blanc tunnel which is also one hour away.
Samoens is a lively village with numerous shops, boutiques, bars, restaurants, cafes, hairdressers. There are several ATM points and a large supermarket and petrol station on the edge of town. There is a wonderful market every wednesday morning selling local produce, clothes and souvenirs.
- Booking Notes:
£250 deposit required when booking. Balance and £250 refundable deposit due 6 weeks before rental. Check availability for booking and further information.
Changeover day is normally Saturday or Sunday but we can be flexible. Normally arrive after 3pm and depart by 10am.
Notes on prices:
Please contact owners for pricing for longer or shorter stays or if you wish to vary dates.
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“The property is extremely comfortable and just two minutes walk from town centre and the ski bus stops opposite, or a short walk to the lift. Secure underground parking. South facing balcony. Small supermarket below.”
- Garage ...
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Dishes & Utensils
- Kitchen ...
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable
Pool / Spa
- Communal Pool ...
- Long-term Renters Welcome
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed
- wheelchair accessible ...
- 55 m²
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Toilet 1 - Toilet
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Main bathroom has bath with built in shower & washing machine. Separate WC. En-suite shower room to main bedroom. Heated towel rails in both bathrooms and good storage. Hair dryer in bathroom cupboard.
- 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 4/6 (2 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Main bedroom double bed, built in cupboards, large chest of drawers & shower room, second bedroom bunk bed and drawer bed. Built in wardrobe. Sofa bed in lounge. All rooms have mountain views.
- Balcony ...
- Golf ...
- Ski & Snowboard ...
- Tennis ...
- Notes on accommodation: Flat is ideal for families and parties of up to six people. NOW WITH WI-FI Outside: Apartment block is landscaped. In the summer there is a large swimming pool nearby as well as tennis courts, extensive walks, rafting, horse riding, paragliding, mountain bike trails and adventure parks. Utility Room: Iron and ironing board and hoover in hall cupboard. Clothes horse. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Linen and towels included and end of stay cleaning. Other: The very sunny south facing balcony has table and chairs for al fresco dining and two large armchairs. beautiful mountain views.