Thatched Cottage in Symondsbury, Bridport, Dorset, England, UK - Located In West Dorset, Surrounded By Beautiful Countryside, 10 Mins From The Jurassic Coast
Our changeover days are Mondays and Fridays. Please contact us directly for Midweek and Weekend prices. Our minimum stay is 3 nights over the weekend or 4 nights during the week.
A luxury detached thatched cottage with 3 double bedrooms and 3 bathrooms, 2 of which are en suite. The property boasts a large lounge with log burner and inglenook fireplace. The newly refurbished kitchen/dining area is fully equipped with a range cooker and American style fridge freezer. The large gardens and terraces are totally secluded with hot tub and games room, plenty of parking and wi-fi is available.
About the Owner
Symondsbury Estate is a family run business. The luxury holiday cottages are set in the outstanding natural beauty within The Symondsbury Estate and The Jurassic coast.
Guestbook comments from the owner
Beautiful Cottage and facilities, we enjoyed a really relaxing holiday. It was lovely that the dog could run around freely without us having to worry! Thank you very much!
I have just returned from Eagles Nest with a group of girl friends, 8 of us in total. The house is amazing, very spacious, clean and comfortable. It has a very large kitchen which is very well equipped with everything you could need. The table has ample room to seat 8 and the welcome pack full of great quality goodies was most appreciated. The 3 bedrooms are roomy and 2 have very nice en suites. The beds with high quality cotton bedding were among the most comfortable I've ever slept in. Outside is a very large garden with views across open countryside, and the hot tub was a real hit! It's the perfect place for a wonderfully relaxing weekend!
From the Owner
“Symondsbury Estate has been owned by the Colfox Family since the early 1900's.”
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
Mountain Bike Rides on the Symondsbury Estate Trails.
The Jurassic Coast is a 10 minute drive away with beautiful beaches and cliff top walks including West Bay, Eype Beach, Seatown and Charmouth. On the beaches there is plenty of opportunity for fossil hunting. Dogs are welcome all year on Eype Beach. Lyme Regis beach is the main sandy beach in the area (the sand was bought over from France!) and takes approximately 15 minutes to drive too.
Exeter Airport 45 minute drive. Bournemouth Airport 1 hour drive away. Bristol Airport 1 1/2 hours drive away.
Eagles Nest is 1.5 miles from Symondsbury Village with a local pub, school and church and the local landmark Colmers Hill is definitely worth a walk to the top to see the spectacular views.
Bridport Market Town is 3 miles away with markets on both Wednesday and Saturday and a Vintage market on Sunday.
For all Mountain Bike enthusiasts, we have built a bike trail and skills area/bike park around The Estate for our guests to use - the bike trail is open all year round and is free of charge, the skills area is £5 per day and a disclaimer must be completed prior to riding in the bike park.
Bridport boasts numerous individual shops as well as Waitrose, Morrisons and Lidls. Bridport is famous for being a 'foodie' heaven with fantastic restaurants, bistros and tea rooms. There are plenty of artist studios to visit and galleries. The popular market on Saturday and Wednesday offer both local produce for sale as well as antiques and bric a brac.
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
We require a 25% deposit to secure the booking, the balance is due 8 weeks before your stay. Bookings can be made via meal or telephone at present. Payments can be made via debit/credit card, BACS or cheque.
Our changeover day is Friday, out of season we are flexible and offer weekend breaks and mid week breaks.
Notes on prices:
For a weekend or midweek break price please enquire on 01308 424116.
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“All our properties offer a peaceful location, privacy and comfort. There are many woodland and coastal path walks. We have also created a mountain bike & walking trail that meanders throughout the estate and a skills park.”
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- children welcome
- pets considered
- winery tours
- horse riding
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- fitness centre
- massage therapist
Sports & Adventure Activities
- equestrian events
- bay fishing
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Toilet 1 - Toilet
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 2 - Shower Enclosure
- Two of our bathrooms are en-suite, offering luxury walk in shower units, sink and WC. The main family bathroom has a large bath with over head power shower. All bathrooms have heated towel rails with shelving and storage cupboards.
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 7
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 6/7 (3 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: All 3 double bedrooms have zip and link beds offering the choice of one king size bed or 2 singles. We provide crisp white Egyptian cotton linen and fluffy white towels and dressing gowns. We also can provide a z bed for a child and / or cot.
- Golf ...
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: Ideal for families, groups of friends and couples, whatever the weather. Spacious light airy rooms but cosy and warm in the winter months. The outside terraces and gardens are totally secluded with glorious views over the surrounding countryside. The added bonus being a hot tub to enjoy a glass of champagne and watch the stars at night. Outside: The large cottage gardens provide total privacy, plenty of space for children to play, with a trampoline and games room with table tennis table. The terrace area sweeps around the the cottage with seating areas for outside dining. The additional bonus is the hot tub. There is plenty of parking. Utility Room: Separate utility room with sink, washing machine, tumble dryer, iron and ironing board, plenty of hanging space for coats and storage for shoes and wet boots. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: We supply crisp white linen for all the beds and white fluffy towels and dressing gowns for adults. Linen for the cot and z bed is not supplied. The cottage is cleaned and linen changed after every booking on our changeover day, Friday. Other: Eagles Nest has a magnificent entrance hall with further seating and dining area if needed, leading to the downstairs cloakroom and utility room. There is a games room in one of the barns with a table tennis table. There is a trampoline in the garden.