Villa on Sea Front, Nr. Miami Beach, Oistins, Barbados, Caribbean - Quiet Location, Yet Only A Few Mins From Miami And Surfing Beaches, And Barbados Golf Club
Joias is a large house (approx 7,500sqft) comfortably accommodating up to 10 people. The layout is ideal for large parties or for two families sharing with 5 large air-conditioned bedrooms - 3 doubles, each with en-suite facilities, and 2 twin bedded rooms sharing a communicating bathroom. Joias is right on the ocean enjoying 180º panoramic sea views. It is set in lovely tropical gardens with a beautiful swimming pool and deck area. The house has a wonderful veranda overlooking the sea, perfect for dining and relaxing - and turtle watching! There's a well equipped kitchen, spacious living areas, TV, Broadband and Wifi access. The high vaulted ceilings and polished wood floors give Joias a distinct 'colonial' feel. Outside, everyone can find a quiet place to relax - in the gardens or gazebo, on the sun deck, by the swimming pool or on the veranda. The setting is so beautiful that the picturesque gazebo has been used by several guests as the venue for their wedding.
Top Traveller Review
A wonderful house
About the Owner
We are based in the UK but our family has owned property in Barbados for many years and so we have visited the island regularly over the last 30 years. We bought Joias in 2009 and over the last 5 years we have carried out major refurbishments to the property so that it is now a very comfortable 'home from home'.
Guestbook comments from the owner
"Fabulous house. Spent the whole of February at this fabulous place. A perfect home, on a perfect spot on a perfect island." Mr & Mrs R. February 2015
"This place was unbelievably awesome for the week that we stayed. Our experience could not have been better," Mrs J R. August 2014
"We really enjoyed your beautiful home. Wonderfully appointed kitchen breathtakingly beautiful porch. Could there be a better setting for the pool? I think not". Ann W. Mar 2014
"The house has a stunning, breathtaking ocean view. Beautifully renovated with all necessities. Close to beaches and activities". Mrs MA. Jan 2014
"Joias is set in the most stunning location with ocean views and poolside terrace that are simply unforgettable. " Mr BA: Mar'13
"Perfect, uninterrupted views of the sunset; beautifully maintained gardens. accommodation fantastic". MH Mar'13
"Perfect in every way - situation, luxury, comfort, cleanliness, accessibility. There are absolutely no downsides whatsoever. " Mrs AW: Nov '12
"A perfect house in a perfect location. A wonderful Caribbean experience" DF: June '12
"We have just spent an incredible week in paradise! What a beautiful spacious house with every comfort, including exceptionally friendly and helpful staff" Dr JD: Feb '12
5 based on 8 holidaymaker reviews
A wonderful house
Everything about this property is perfect, the setting, comfort, layout and cleanliness. I wouldn't want to stay anywhere else in Barbados, and hope to return before too long!
Stunning house, idyllic location. Two thumbs up
We spent a wonderful 10 days at 'Joias' down on the southern tip of the island on Atlantic Shores. The location suited us perfectly, with both the rugged east coast on one side and the tranquil beautiful west coast on the other.
The house itself is immaculately presented, with everything you could want kindly supplied by the owners. And the wonderful housekeeper Sharon was super efficient and kept the house clean and tidy for us on a regular basis.
The pool area and gardens were all kept clean and smart too; and what a spot to relax overlooking the sea in front of the house, with turtles regularly surfacing right in front, and local fishermen freediving for octopi.
The bedrooms were all very well presented, with comfy beds, and lovely big showers. And the kitchen was well stocked with all crockery and appliances you could possibly need, with a huge beautiful terrace just off it, for sundowners and games of cards overlooking the sea.
The local beach (Enterprise/Miami Beach: a 10-15 minute walk west) is a great spot to go for some peace and quiet on the white sands- and was never busy while we were there. While if you walk 10 minutes in the other direction east from the house, you'll come to a great beach/bar called Surfers Bay which does great cocktails and bar food- perfect spot for watching the sunsets. Oistins famous fish market, as well as the local supermarket and others shops/bars/restaurants, are just a five minute drive from the house.
All in all we felt extremely welcome at Joias and could not have wanted for anything. Would definitely return another year for more R&R. Many thanks to the owners.
First impression....WOW. And then it got better!!!
Fantastic. Perfect holiday home with the bonus of Sharon the maid who makes everyone so welcome and keeps the property beautifully clean. Would recommend to family and friends alike. A little bit of,paradise.
I had the most incredible stay, the views are gorgeous and it can only be described as heaven on earth. The house is luxurious and very welcoming with oistins fish market walking distance away. You're truly in the heart of barbados here in beautiful surroundings. Personally I can't wait to visit again!
The property is luxurious and homely with gorgeous views being based right on the coast. All the nightlife you need is a short drive away, with the infamous oistins fish market being within walking distance. I would strongly recommend basing your vacation here as I have every intention of coming back myself!
A beachside paradise
With its outlook straight onto the sea, this villa is as hear perfect as you could get. It is superbly equipped with all you could need for a holiday. It is kept in tip top condition and, with a maid service three times a week, is beautifully clean. The management company kept in regular contact to ensure that there were no problems which we all found reassuring. I would happily recommend this beautiful home to anyone visiting Barbados.
From the Owner
“We love the South Coast area because there are lovely sandy beaches, waves and plenty of opportunities for surfing, wind and kite surfing and sailing. The West Coast is lined with hotels and, whilst the sea is very calm there, the beaches tend to be narrow and often crowded. Joias is right on the sea, so you go to sleep to the sound of the waves, yet it is only a mile and a half south of Oistins for shopping and banks, close to beautiful Miami beach, and only 20 minutes drive from the airport; so there are no long transfers and you can start relaxing as soon as you land!”
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
Surfing: the South Coast of Barbados is by far the best area for every type of surfing and Joias is ideally placed. Surf schools offering kite and wind surfing, and paddle boarding are all available within a mile of Joias.
Deep sea fishing: numerous options are available at the Careenage in Bridgetown, 30 minutes away.
Tennis: 5 all weather courts are available to hire at the Garfield Sobers Sports Complex ( 25 minutes away).
Sailing Cruises: day trips, normally fully catered are also available at the Careenage. Sail up the West Coast and enjoy stops for swimming, snorkelling and turtle watching.
The shoreline outside the property is reef and amazing for turtle watching but the best swimming is at beautiful Miami Beach just 5 mins drive away. Surfers Bay is another nearby beach (5 mins) and a major windsurfing base.
Other Southern beaches include Worthing and Dover ( 15 mins) whilst round the coast to the South East of the island, trips to Bottom Bay, Foul Bay and the extraordinarily beautiful East Coast are well worthwhile.
Joias is on the South Coast, about a mile and a half south of Oistins close to beautiful Miami beach, and only 20 minutes drive from the airport; so there are no long transfers and you can start relaxing as soon as you land!
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event Price|
18 Dec 2016 - 22 Apr 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
23 Apr 2017 - 17 Dec 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
18 Dec 2017 - 7 Apr 2018
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
My Standard Rate
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
* Approximate monthly price. Actual pricing will depend on the days of the month you stay.
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
If you would like to book Joias please contact us by email. A deposit of 25% of the total rental is required to secure your booking with the balance payable 60 days before your arrival date. You can pay in one of three ways - by credit card on line, by wire transfer in either US dollars or £ sterling or by cheque in £ sterling.
We aim to be flexible on changeover days, subject to other bookings. The house should be vacated by 11am on departure and will be accessible after 2pm on arrival but we will try to accommodate alternative timings, if required.
Notes on Prices:
Quoted rental prices are for maximum 5 bedroom occupancy. Reduced rates apply if only 3 or 4 bedrooms are required.
The rental price is fully inclusive of all services, bed linen and bathroom towels, and maid service 3 days per week.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“Our maid, Sharon, comes 3 days a week to do all the cleaning and your laundry, and we have excellent local agents who are on hand to give any additional help you may require.”
- Air Conditioning
- Ceiling Fans
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Parking ...
- Towels Provided ...
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Coffee Maker
- Kitchen ...
- Pantry Items ...
- Dining ...
- Dining Area
- Books ...
- DVD Player
- Games ...
- Satellite / Cable
- Toys ...
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool
- duty free shops
- paddle boating
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- fitness centre
- massage therapist
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- deepsea fishing
- jet skiing
- bay fishing
- water skiing
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 3 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 4 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bedroom 1 - ensuite bathroom with WC,bath, shower, and twin basins. Bedrooms 2 and 3 - share adjoining bathroom with WC, shower, basin and bidet. Bedroom 4 - ensuite with WC, shower and twin basins. Bedroom 5 - ensuite with WC, shower and twin basins.
- 5 Bedrooms, Sleeps 10
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Bedroom 5
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps up to 10 (5 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Upper Floor Ocean View - Bedroom 1 ( Master) with 6' bed; Bedroom 2 with twin beds; Bedroom 3 with twin beds. Upper Floor Garden View - Bedroom 4 Double with 6' bed. Lower Floor Ocean View - Bedroom 5 ( Master) with 6' bed and private terrace.
- Golf ...
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: The living rooms at Joias have high vaulted ceilings and polished wood floors giving the house a distinctly 'colonial' feel. It is a large property with plenty of space and it is furnished as a home from home by the owners. The bedrooms and bathrooms are very spacious and the layout of the accommodation is ideally suited to a large party or two families sharing. The gardens and pool area provide plenty of opportunity for quiet relaxation, listening to the sound of the surf and watching for turtles and humming birds. Sit in the shady gazebo with a good book and keep an eye open for the fishing boats coming back to Oistins with their catch before nipping down to the fish market to buy your supper! Outside: A highlight of the property is the magnificent swimming pool. 45 foot long and deep enough at one end for diving, it has wide walk-in steps and an underwater bench on which to sit and view the ocean while enjoying a lower back massage. The surrounding area is tiled in Travertine stone with hardwood decking. The ocean side coconut palms not only look idyllic but provide welcome shade. Comfortable sun loungers ensure maximum ‘chill factor’! The landscaped gardens contain many interesting tropical plants and shrubs as well as a variety of different palms. You will also find avocado, breadfruit, mango, frangipani and flamboyant trees. Relax with a good book in the gazebo and listen to the surf breaking on the reef. Utility Room: Washing machine, tumble dryer, iron and ironing board. Note - maid service for 3 days per week to clean, change beds and do your laundry, is included in the rental. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Rental is inclusive of all services, bedlinen and towels (incl beach), and maid service 3 days per week to clean, change beds (weekly) and do laundry. (Further days may be available by negotiation). Our local agents are also on hand to assist if needed.