Castle Wing in Aberlady, East Lothian, Scotland, UK - Beautiful, peaceful location in own estate, with lots of walks. One Mile To Aberlady And Gullane
In the heart of Scotland's golfing country, There are 20 courses within ten miles. Aberlady Bay Nature Reserve, with its beautiful dunes and beaches, is on the doorstep. The garden of the Castle itself is a haven of beauty and peace. The centre of Edinburgh is 16 miles away. The nearest railway station is 10 minutes and the airport 40 minutes away. The self catering wing with its fully equipped kitchen, sleeps 3/4 people and has both satellite tv and wifi.
About the Owner
About Mrs A Hope
In the middle of a golfers paradise 2 minutes from the village Gullane and Aberlady, to rent a cottage on the grounds of a very historic castle, with beautiful gardens. The cottage can sleep 6 to 8 people.There are 3 twin bedrooms and 3 bathrooms. The sitting room has an open fire place and also a wood burner, there is Satellite t.v,. DVD player, and a well equipped kitchen, washing machine, dishwasher. Aberlady is situated on the Aberlady Bay, with its own nature reserve. Walking distance from the sea, beautiful beaches and dunes.Very attractive villages around and half an hour drive from the airport Edinburgh and the town Edinburgh. Regular train services to Edinburgh from nearby station Longniddry.
Why Mrs A Hope chose East Lothian
Luffness Castle has been owned for over 300 years by the Hope family. The Castle is an A listed historic building.
The Napoleontic fruit garden is historic and has been well kept up in its original state and is very much a visit.
What makes this apartment unique
To visit the gardens and the historic fruit garden.
The Nature Reserve opposite the road belongs to the Luffness Estate and is a very popular attraction for bird watchers and is a beautiful walk to the beach.
Luffness is surrounded by about 20 golf courses, one of them, Luffness New Golf Club was built by Henry Walter Hope with the help of the famous Tom Morris.
The Golf course is next door to the Castle.
From the Owner
“Luffness Castle has been owned for over 300 years by the Hope family. The Castle is an A listed historic building. The Napoleontic fruit garden is historic and has been well kept up in its original state and is very much a visit.”
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
East Lothian is a haven for walkers, golfers and nature lovers. There are many tourist attractions in East Lothian. Among the more popular attractions are Aberlady Nature Reserve, Scottish Seabird Centre, Museum of Flight, Preston Mill, Musselburgh Racecourse, Dirleton Castle, John Muir Country Park and Glenkinchie Distillery.
Luffness stands on Aberlady Bay. There are walks for many miles along the beach in both directions past many of the small East Lothian coastal villages. The coastal towns of North Berwick ad Dunbar are both worth visiting.
Edinburgh Airport is approximately 25 miles away. There is a bus service to Edinburgh (journey time 1hr 10 mins) at half hourly intervals with the buses stopping at the door. The nearest railway stations are Drem and Longniddry from where a twenty minute journey takes you to the Waverley station in Edinburgh. From there there are frequent buses to Edinburgh Airport.
Aberlady is a short 5 minute walk. Other coastal villages can be reached easily by foot on the coastal pathways and many only a short drive away. Most of the small coastal villages can be reached easily by public service transport.
Visiteastlothian.org website is an invaluable website for visitors and tourists to the East Lothian area detailing heritage & archeology, historic sites, gardens, museums and attractions as well as restaurants and local shops.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event Price|
20 Jan 2017 - 19 Jan 2018
3 night minimum stay
for 3 nights
My Standard Rate
3 night minimum stay
for 3 nights
* Approximate monthly price. Actual pricing will depend on the days of the month you stay.
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
Bookings can be made by contacting the owner.
Tenants will be able to gain access after 2pm and departure by 10am.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- 50% refund for cancellations more than 7 days before check-in date.
- 100% refund for cancellations more than 14 days before check-in date.
From the Owner
“To visit the gardens and the historic fruit garden. The Nature Reserve opposite the road belongs to the Luffness Estate and is a very popular attraction for bird watchers and is a beautiful walk to the beach. Luffness is surrounded by about 20 golf courses, one of them, Luffness New Golf Club was built by Henry Walter Hope with the help of the famous Tom Morris. The Golf course is next door to the Castle.”
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable
- wheelchair inaccessible
- near the sea
- botanical garden
- bird watching
- horse riding
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- 100 m²
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath with Shower, Shower Enclosure, Jacuzzi
- Spacious newly refurbished bathroom with jacuzzi bath/shower, WC and heated towel rack. Also separate WC downstairs.
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 4
- Bedroom 1 - 2 Single Bed, 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2 - 1 Single Bed
- Bedroom 3 - Sitting Room can have extra bed
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 4 (2 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 with twin beds. Bedroom 2 with single bed and wash hand basin. Sitting Room with extra bed
- Golf ...
- Max. occupancy: 4
- children welcome
- Notes on accommodation: The accommodation offers ample storage space and car parking. Outside: Situated in the heart of rural East Lothian, Luffness Castle is situated in several acres of beautifully landscaped gardens with mature trees, lawns and well tended borders. There are several corners to sit and the old moat has been adapted to form a decorative pond. Utility Room: Washing machine, dishwasher and clothes drying rack. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Towels and linen are included and will be changed on a weekly basis unless otherwise requested. The accommodation will be cleaned daily. Other: The accommodation is on two levels with the kitchen and utility room on the ground floor. Upstairs is the sitting room, bathroom and both bedrooms.