Villa in Ferragudo, Western Algarve, Portugal - Situated In A Non-complex, Quiet Cul-de-sac On Edge Of Village A Few Mins Walk To Famous Sandy Beach
Casa Oliveira is situated on a new well-designed development of small villas where unobtrusive and extensive views of the mountains of Monchique can be enjoyed. Only a few minutes walk to the pretty unspoilt fishing village of Ferragudo with bank, shops, bars and restaurants. Across the river is the market and fishing port of Portimao with its marina and beach resort of Praia da Rocha. Eastwards from the villa is a short walk to the lovely beaches of the quieter Angrinha beach and Praia Grande where you can soak up the sun and enjoy lunch at one of the beach bars or participate in one of the waters sports which are readily available there. Casa Oliveira offers a home from home environment, superbly equipped including books and even inflatables for the pool to make your holiday hassle free and easy.
About the Owner
Hi we are Phil and Jan Murphy. We live and work in the UK and therefore do not get to visit the villa as often as we would like. We consider ourselves very fortunate to be able to enjoy such a wonderful property and hope it will give you as much pleasure.
Casa Oliveira is a family owned villa and is used by the family for vacations throughout the year we therefore believe it has a 'home from home' atmosphere.
It is lovingly looked after and our guests to date all appreciate and fall in love with the property and it's location and tend to re-visit time and time again. We try to go at least twice a year and the rest of the time we like to think we share our villa and the lovely location with others! Many of our clients go again and again!!
Guestbook comments from the owner
Thank you for 2 fantastic weeks in your beautiful home. The decor is amazing! We didn't venture far.
We have had a wonderful time. This holiday ticked all the boxes; the villa is cozy and very comfortable. Ferragudo and surrounding areas are pretty, a choice of great beaches and the food/restaurants are excellent.
A glorious 10 day mixture of sun, sand and beautiful accommodation. Hope everyone that follows us enjoys it as much as we have.
From the Owner
“My husband found the villa whilst on holiday visiting his brother in Carvoeiro. We fell in love with Ferragudo as it has so much character. it is still very Portuguese and uncommercialised compared to other parts of the Algarve. It has everything you could want for an enjoyable holiday right on your doorstep! It is located in such a beautiful area, in close proximity to our favourite beaches and restaurants, and just far enough out of town to be peaceful and surrounded by open areas with magnificent views from the pool terrace.”
Activity and Interests
Praia Grande - this is a big beach as its name suggests, this is the nearest to the house and is around 8 minutes walk.
follow the coast road along and you will find Pintadinho beach this is a popular beach which offers some afternoon shade, Caneiros beach is further west on the road which leads to Carvoeiro, this is another superb beach flanked by cliffs. It would probably be advisable to go to both Caneiros and Pintadinho by car, 10 + 15 minutes drive respectively.
Travel time from the airport to the house is around 45 minutes. Car hire is useful as there is so much to see and do and a fantastic coastline to explore, however it is not essential as you can walk into the town and beach and taxi's are available and reasonable.
Full directions are provided and we are also happy to arrange transfers and/or car hire for our guests if required.
Slide & Splash, fishing, horse riding, diving, sailing, surfing, swimming, walking, wind- surfing, water skiing and paragliding are available. These can be booked at the Tourist Information Centre in Ferragudo.
There is also a Spa Resort in Caldas da Monchique for those who just want to relax and be pampered.
Details of all the above can be found in an information booklet in the villa.
Life in Ferragudo revolves around the quayside square, the atmosphere is delightful and typical Portuguese. On the square there are a several bars and restaurants, a few shops including a fruit and vegatable shop, mini-market and also a post office and bank. On the way down the hill into town there is a bakery, a couple of bars/coffee shops and eateries. As you walk along the quayside you will see a range of fish restaurants, the fish is landed and barbecued on the quayside and served in these restaurants so it is as fresh as you can get it!
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£250|
Deposit payable is £200.00 at the time of booking, balance payment is due 10 weeks prior to departure. There is a £250 damage deposit, this is fully refundable if there are no breakages or damage to the property. Cancellations are charged in full.
Preferrably Friday arrival after 4.00pm, departure by 10.00am.
(Other days may be available by prior arrangement).
Balance of holiday due 10 weeks before commencement of stay.
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“Benefits include the 8 x 4 mtr private pool and extensive garden, a must for the children and adults alike in the Algarve sunshine. We often BBQ by the pool in the evening and then walk down to the village square for a few drinks where we like to meet up with the locals who are very friendly and welcoming. The villa is in a quiet area but with good access to public transport. The spacious property is gated and railings for child safety. The property has electric shutters and alarm which add to the security of the property.”
- Air Conditioning
- Ceiling Fans
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Satellite / Cable
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Main bathroom is large and spacious, it is located upstairs, opposite the bedrooms it has bath/shower over, sink with vanity unit, shower cubicle, toilet and bidet. There is also a shower room downstairs, with sink/vanity unit and toilet.
- 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleep 4/6 (2 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 has a double bed and patio doors leading to a balcony. Bedroom 2 has twin beds and Patio door. with railings but no balcony. Both rooms are spacious and have plenty of wardrobe and drawer space and overlook the pool.
- Golf ...
- Notes on accommodation: Prices are for the property per week in UK Pounds. Prices start at £300.00 per week - fully inclusive of cleaning, air-conditioning and use of private pool, bathroom towels and all bedlinen. Long stay rentals are available at reduced rates, please contact us to discuss availability and prices. Weekend breaks and odd durations may also be able at certain times of the year, so again please contact us to discuss your requirements. The house has air conditioning which can also be used to heat if required. The floor is all tiled and the staircase is marble to help keep the house cool. The outside area is completely fenced and gated and has a security alarm system and smoke alarm system, however children should be encouraged not to climb on the railings or fencing surrounding the pool area. In addition to the alarm system there are electric shutters provided for added security and comfort. There is a pool shower for use on entering and exiting the pool. Outside: Casa Oliveira has an extensive garden and there is an 8 x 4 mtr private swimming pool at the rear of the property which is south facing with large terraces as well as a poolside shower for use on entering and exiting the pool. A poolman visits twice weekly in the high season and weekly all other times to maintain chemical levels etc. The garden is maintained fortnightly. There is also a traditional Portuguese barbecue which is located at the rear of the property for you to enjoy. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: The house will be cleaned midweek during your stay in addition to change over day (Friday/Saturday). This includes fresh bathroom towels and all linen. The pool will also be cleaned twice a week in high season and weekly at other times.