Studio Apartment in Pizzo, Calabria, Italy - Peaceful Location Just 10 Mins Walk Through Ancient Eucalpytic Forest To Private Sandy Beach
Beautiful new air-conditioned ground floor studio apartment situated on the newly built 5 star Pizzo Beach Club resort, which is a self-contained gated development, 15 minutes drive from Lamezia airport in the Calabrian region of southern Italy and a short five minute drive from the historic town of Pizzo. The apartment is luxuriously furnished, and spacious in size with lots of storage. The exterior of the studio apartment has a terrace and a small private garden with outside dining facilities.
About the Owner
My wife and I visited Italy on honeymoon and immediately fell in love with the culture amd lifestyle. The opportunity arose for us to purchase a property in Calabria 2 years ago and we holidayed in Pizzo and Tropea with our then 1 year old and straight away where overwhelmed with the rustic charm of the region & warmth of the locals. We knew it was the right place for us to purchase a 2nd home. We visit the region with our 2 young kids as often as the school breaks allow and love spending long sunny days at the pool or on the beach and in the evenings visit the local town of Pizzo to try some local dishes the famous Tartofu ice cream which is made locally...comes highly reccommended.
From the Owner
“This peaceful region gives a taste of real untouched rustic Italy.”
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
Relaxing days at the beach. Water sports, including snorkelling. Explore the countryside and surrounding villages. Boat trips to the Aeolians,- see Stromboli by night , enjoy the mud spa baths of the volcano. (Boats depart Tropea or Vibo Marina).
Scuba diving at Groticelle or Tropea. Other sports and pedalo rentals. Enjoy the Autumn/Fall Jazz Festival at Tropea. Drive the coast down to Reggio di Calabria (stop and see famous Riace Bronzes at the museum).
Visit Sicily - taking the ferry from Villa San Giovanni (departs every 18 to 20 minutes) crossing the famous Straits of Messina.
Drive into the Sila Mountains regions - enjoy skiing in winter. See the magnificent nature reserve year-round.
The apartment is situated just a 10 minute from the beautiful private sandy beach along the Amalfi coast - sun loungers and parasols are provided free of charge
Fly to Lamezia- Pizzo Beach is just 15km from airport. London Stansted direct to Lamezia from March to October (Mon/Wed/Fri/Sun). Weekly flights on Monarch airlines from London Gatwick. Flights from London City airport to Reggio Calabria which is about one hour south of the apartment (by Sky Trains airline). Car hire available with Hertz, Europecar, Avis and Dollar. Indirect flights using a variety of airlines via Naples, Rome or Milan: ba.com / monarch.co.uk / ryanair.com / easyjet.com.
Pizzo town is a short 15 min drive away with a variety of shops, restaurants and bars as well as some breathtaking views of the sea and surrounding countryside. Vibo Valentia also is a 15 min drive while Tropea is approx 30 min, a larger town with a wide variety of shops and restaurants it is also very popular and an attractive place for tourists.
Aquapark Di Zambrone (www.aquapark.it)
The Aquapark is a great family day out, located about a 20min drive from the resort.
If you dont have access to a car there is a shuttle bus service available from reception during the Summer season. A return ticket for 1 adult to Pizzo costs €10 & the service runs several times daily. There also is a train station about a 20min walk from the resort with an excellant service, trains run regularly along the coast as far as Tropea & northwards to Rome & Milan.
Information about the local area, travel excursions & getting around is available at the onsite reception (manned during the Summer months)
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
1 Sep 2016 - 31 Oct 2016
1 night minimum stay
for 1 night
1 Nov 2016 - 31 Jan 2017
1 night minimum stay
for 1 night
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
There is a 25% non refundable deposit required at the time of booking to secure the reservation. Balance due 30 days before arrival. A small fee is required to cover air conditioning useage. You will be required to pay a security deposit of €100 euros against any damages upon arrival. Money will be returned 2 weeks after your return.
Friday and Saturday are preferred as changeover days but if different days are required, please contact the owner.
Notes on prices:
Late deals and discounts are available for more than one weeks' stay. Please enquire by contacting the owner direct (see details below).
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- 50% refund for cancellations more than 14 days before check-in date.
- 100% refund for cancellations more than 30 days before check-in date.
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“10 min walk to beautiful unspolit private beach on the Amalfi coast”
- Dining Area
- Long-term Renters Welcome
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed
- wheelchair accessible
- recreation centre
- outlet shopping
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- The fully tiled bathroom is equipped with enclosed shower cubicle, WC, wash basin mirrored cabinet & washing machine.
- 1 Bedroom, Sleeps 3
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 2/:3 studio apartment Notes on bedrooms: The ground floor studio apartment comprises a large air-conditioned room incorporating a living area and 2 sofa beds which convert to comfortable beds at night.
- Notes on accommodation: A cot can be provided on request with a small charge. The apartment is most suited to couples or families. No smoking. No pets allowed. Outside: The apartment has large sliding doors which open to the garden area which has a low wall and lockable gate with patio area and dining furniture for al a fresco dinning. You have full use of the tennis court, football pitch, swimming pools and gym. The private beach is just a 10 min walk through the enchanting forest. There is a world famous Club Med resort nearby which can be used and daily passes are available at their reception. Utility Room: Kettle, toaster, iron, clothes airer, washing machine, gas hob, electric oven Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Linen and towels are included in the rental and the property is cleaned at the beginning of each rental period and clean linen supplied at that time. Additional cleaning can be provided on request with an additional charge.