Casa Andalus in Olvera, Cadiz Province, Spain - On A Lovely Street In The Old Town, Within Easy Walking Distance Of Shops Bars And Restaurants
The house is well equipped and comfortable. Despite being in the middle of the town, it is very quiet and peaceful. Free WIFI. Cosy lounge with TV, DVD player and sound system. Plenty of books and CDs for you to use. There is also a small reading area downstairs, upstairs is a double bedroom with en-suite shower room, well equipped dining room/kitchen on first floor. Large roof terrace with amazing views. There is a table and chairs for al fresco dining
Top Traveller Review
About the Owner
We live in Duquesa which is down on the coast, about a 2 hour drive from Olvera, and we both work full time in Gibraltar. We own a pure-bred Spanish horse and I enjoy riding at weekends (no time in the week unfortunately!). We love living in Spain and are looking forward to retiring to Olvera in a few years time!
Guestbook comments from the owner
"Olvera is quite literally is a hidden gem! Your house is good value for money, the location is good and the views from the roof terrace, well! Lesley (the property manager) and her husband were lovely, they met us from the bus station, drove us to the house, and made it clear that nothing was too much trouble."
"I found the house delightful. I managed to see visit Ronda, via Setenil and Arriate. Had a lovely overnight stay in old Sevilla. The people were always friendly and helpful, honest & direct too. I may well come to live in Andalucia.
Hope to make another visit this year".
"Lovely village, lovely house and amazing views!!"
4 based on 1 holidaymaker reviews
We loved the house just what we imagined it to be ,the people were so friendly ,we went to Cadiz Ronda Seville and most of the small villages all worth the visit .It was so central for all of these would defiantly use it again
From the Owner
“We spent ages looking round various inland towns searching for somewhere we could enjoy our holidays and eventually retire to but nowhere "ticked all the boxes" until we found Olvera which is perfect for us. We find the locals to be so friendly and welcoming and the surrounding countryside is stunning. It's also the perfect base to explore the area and I'm sure we'll never get bored of visiting the local towns and villages. We then looked at loads of houses (poor estate agent!) until we found what is now called "Casa Andalus". The house was in quite a good condition but we did some renovations and spent time making it homely and comfortable. We wanted to have a house where we would enjoy spending our holidays and that other people would enjoy too. We hope you love it as much as we do”
Activity and Interests
There is a good choice of beaches within a 2 hour drive of Olvera. Cadiz is around a 1 1/2 hours drive and has a lovely unspoilt beach (there's also lots to see in Cadiz itself so a full day out). Tarifa is an excellent beach to enjoy windsurfing and again, an interesting town to explore.
Car hire is recommended to fully enjoy the area as there are so many towns and villages to explore. However, there are good transport links and you can enjoy the town, and the via verde (green way) on bike, horse or foot so a car is not essential. It is possible to hire bikes from the hotel next to the start of the via verde or enjoy an escorted horse ride from the stables which is only a few minutes walk from the hotel.
There are numerous places of interest to enjoy in the area. A short drive away you will find Ronda, Zahara de la Sierra, which has a lovely lake where you can hire a canoe, pedalo or just enjoy a drink or meal at the restaurant on its banks. Setenil de las Bodegas (with it's amazing cave houses) and Grazalema. Or a little further away, you can explore, Cadiz, Malaga, Seville, Antequera and Cordoba. Olvera really is the perfect base to explore this beautiful area of Andalucia.
Olvera has a good choice of bars and restaurants which serve fresh local food at very reasonable prices. Fiestas are very important in Olvera, and in Andalucia in general. The Easter processions are a spectacle not to be missed and then there is Lunes de Quasimodo (the Monday following Easter) where there is a procession to the local ermita and all the locals enjoy a day (and night!) of eating drinking, dancing, parading on horseback and generally enjoying themselves. Corpus Christi in June where all the streets in the old town are decorated, the main feria at the end of August, Three Kings in January and lots more! It is an unforgettable experience to join in with the locals and practice your Spanish! You will be made to feel very welcome.
If you need any information about the town, our property manager Lesley will be only too pleased to help you. She lives only a couple of streets away from the house so she is on hand if you have any problems or queries.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
1 Oct 2015 - 31 Dec 2016
3 night minimum stay
for 3 nights
My Standard Rate
3 night minimum stay
for 3 nights
Additional pricing information
We try to be flexible with the arrival and departure times but would ask that, if possible, you do not arrive after 9pm
Longer rentals may be available off season - please enquire for details.
The changeover day is flexible to suit you.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- 50% refund for cancellations more than 30 days before check-in date.
- 100% refund for cancellations more than 60 days before check-in date.
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“We love staying in the house as it's so handy to walk to the shops, bars and restaurants but at night it's really quiet and as I'm a light sleeper, that was very important for us. The house is also very bright and sunny which attracted us to it as many of the traditional Spanish houses can be a little dark. We're looking forward to spending our retirement in Olvera and "Casa Andalus"!”
- Tourist Attractions
- Air Conditioning
- Ceiling Fans
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable
- non smoking only
- not suitable for children
- pets considered
- wheelchair inaccessible
- bird watching
- horse riding
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- laundrette - serviced
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- equestrian events
- mountain biking
- mountain climbing
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath with Shower, Bidet
- Shower room 1 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- En-suite shower room to the double bedroom with wc, wash basin and shower cubicle. Large bathroom on the top floor with wc, wash basin bath/shower over and bidet. Both enjoy views over the beautiful countryside.
- 1 Bedroom, Sleeps 2
- Bedroom 1
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 2 (1 Bedroom) Notes on bedrooms: Sunny and bright double bedroom with plenty of storage space and lovely views over the surrounding countryside. The double bedroom has a reverse air-conditioning/heating unit.
- Golf ...
- Notes on accommodation: Olvera is known as “the King of the Pueblo Blancos” (white towns) and it was declared a Protected Area of Artistic and Historical Importance in 1983. It has all the amenities you will need to enjoy your holiday including numerous shops, banks, internet cafe, bars and restaurants. There is also a municipal swimming pool and bar which is open during the summer months. If you want to be energetic, you can enjoy walking, cycling, mountain biking, horse riding, hang gliding or canoing and more. If you prefer to take things a little easier, what about painting, bird watching or pottery - there's plenty of activities to suit everyone. Or you may want to do no more than sit outside a bar with a glass of wine watching the locals go about their business (one of my own favourite pastimes!). We can arrange some activities for you - let us know your requirements and we will do our best to help. Outside: The house has a good sized roof terrace with table and four chairs. There are amazing views from the terrace, of the church and Moorish castle at the front and beautiful countryside at the back. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Towels and bed linen are included. The house is cleaned before and after your visit. If the stay is more than one week and you require the house cleaned mid-stay, this can be arranged. A change of bedlinen and towels is provided after one week.